1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Peggy Sue Fics?

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Discussion' started by PoshMafia, Mar 18, 2018.

1. PoshMafia

PoshMafia Squib

This has long been a favorite trope of mine, that i tend to find quite well done, with titles like:

Mother of Learning (Original Fiction);
    Harry Potter Nightmares of Futures Past;
    The Dangers of Foresight (Starwars); and
    Ascendant(Naruto)

Just curious what other people's favorites might be.

2. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mother is pretty decent

3. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Order Member

4. Tempestuous Ocean

Tempestuous Ocean Second Year

High Score:
    Mother of Learning is amazing. Seriously, the amount of planning and creativity...

The Leaf's Naruto is my favorite one in Naruto fandom. It's For a Good Cause, I Swear! and I Am NOT Going Through Puberty Again! are two of my favorite humor/parody fics, by being funny, well-written AND having a decent plot at the same time. I also like Naruto: Blast to the Past and Blonding.

In Harry Potter, Timely Errors is my favorite. The Unforgiving Minute was quite good, especially the last chapter. I also like Far Too Many Time Travelers. When I first read this story I didn't think I would find such a premise funny, but I am happy to say I was wrong.

5. Chadrew

Chadrew Second Year

I really enjoyed Time Braid (Naruto) despite there being some admittedly creepy brainwashing elements in it.

6. Saezots

Saezots Seventh Year

High Score:
    Edit: Reread the fic I recced and its not all that good, my bad.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  7. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

I agree with both of @Psychotic Cat 's recs, I actually re-read OGNA recently, and still quite enjoyed it, and RB normally does at least enjoyable snippets.

MoL is (as mentioned) pretty good, but I've not actually read any of it in a few years. I think there was a bit of a hiatus, and I couldn't remember, and I didn't bother catching back up?

Gryffindors Never Die by Chipmonk on Speed is one I remember being good fun. Again, I re-read it recently, and whilst it has quite a few weaknesses, it's not terrible.

Backwards with Purpose used to be one of my absolute favourite fics, but I've not re-read it in ages. I've also never bothered with the sequels, but I know a lot of people on here have, and it used to be pretty popular.

EDIT

Also, on a more amusing note, A Mother-in-law's Love is alright, although it doesn't focus much on the actual story at all, really.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  8. CareOtters

CareOtters Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

9. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Far Too Many Time Travelers by Lord Jeram.

A Question of When by Vlad.

The Lesser Sadness by Newcomb.