1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fight Club: DLP Edition

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Shezza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Harry Dresden vs Molly Carpenter.

2. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Yep, I like it a whole lot. I like the direction you went as well, it's different, but awesome. Fucking N.

Is this gonna go up on FFN?

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Phew, I'm glad you enjoyed it after all! :)

And yeah I've uploaded it here.

I'm open to some other challenges now.

4. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

You could always pick one from the list.

5. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I still want to see Harry Dresden vs Marvel's SHIELD. So, if anyone went with that, I'd give them a cookie.

6. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

7. Stryker_Eureka

Stryker_Eureka Squib

If someone wrote that in 30 minutes, I'd be seriously impressed.

---------- Post automerged at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

I'm actully pretty proud of this part.
    The "Rose by any other name" is an inside joke. I Include it in all my writing as homeage to a friend.

"Canon Albus Dumbledore vs Dark Lord Albus Dumbledore who joined Grindelwald"

Part 2:

The first strike was quick and clean. Albus had chosen his spell well, and his aim held true. The wordless, soundless cutter would connect at the base of he monster's neck, and hopefully cut the head clean off. True, there were wizards in this war for which such a thing was not an issue, but he had long since learned that you had to assume your opponent could be killed until such a thing was dissproved in the heat of battle.

For those who had known Albus Dumbledore during his school days, this type of underhanded backstabbing would come as a great suprise. The Champion of the Light executing his foes with an unseen surgical strike to the back of the head? Surely you jest. But the Albus Dumbledore standing here was not the Albus Dumbledore of years past. He had hesitated with Grindenwald. He would never hesitate again.

At the last possible second, the monster turned and swatted the cutter away like a fly. “Now, thats not very nice...” The fiend trailed of as his eyes caught up with the assailant. Both stood there, frozen, for several moments, logic and reason broken by the absurdity of the situation. The light was the first to speak. “Why have you done this? Why have I... Done this?” For the first time in ages, his voice wavered.

Their lives were a necessity. One cannot open a true portal without a certain...” The monster paused, as if searching for the right word. “Atmosphere. But you know this, of course.
    You are a monster.”. There was no panic in his voice, no inflection, simply a statement of facts.
    I am a reliver. War has already reached this place. They all fallen one way or another. Their death today was painless.
    A rose by any other name...” The monster chuckled softly.
    How ironic. This certainly is a tragedy. Atleast now, these sorry souls get to serve som semblance of the greater good.” The monster spat the last words, hate now evident in his voice.
    Enough talk. You have come here to stop me. Or kill me. Certainly both. I cannot have that. Have at you!

The first charm was an heavily overpowered, wide arc cutter. The champion responded with a wandless Hammer of Xanatos, a reflective shield of almost unparalleled power. Whereas the hammer was much too consuming for continious wandless casting, it's real strength was suprise, and he knew for a fact the his opponent would recognise the wand movements. As the charm connected, the magical circutry in the shield overloaded, overpowering and deflecting the charm backwards in a wide cone.

The reflection dug a deep trench, almost like a crater, in the ground, and the monster apparated at the last possible second. The champion threw up a standard protego and spun around, leading with his elbow. His accelerating appendage connected with the shoulder of the monster, eliciting a growl of pain, but a milisecond later, a fist caught his jaw, and he was thrown backwards, rebounding off the protego. He apparated before he hit the ground.

The monster jumped the sweeping leg, bellowing a wandless blaster towards the champion. However, an expertly raised transfigured shield caught the spell midflight, and both combatants were forced to apparate again in order to avoid the spray of deadly rocks that followed. They each reappeared on their own rooftop, eyeing the other for a bried second before disappearing again. This was a duel of battlemages, after all.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  8. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I decided to write up (Darth) Revan vs Lord Voldemort, which was given by Lyrium. It's been a while since I played any Star Wars game, so I might have taken a bit of artistic license. It's also been a while since I last wrote, so please be nice.

--

Darth Revan stared at the snake-like man in front of him. The Star Forge had been spewing out creatures left, right and centre, but the power radiating from this one was enough to set Revan's teeth on edge. His eyes narrowed behind his mask as the creature regarded him with surprisingly human eyes, slowly moving up from his feet to rest on his mask, almost as if he could make eye contact with Revan. Revan's hands itched to activate his lightsaber, but the Force was telling him to wait.

"Ah," came the creature's voice with perfect clarity through Revan's helmet, "the aftermath of life is struggle. How poetic." The being continued to hold his gaze when Revan did not answer. Revan kept his breathing in perfect rhythm, probing the snake-man in front of him with the Force, trying to gauge his weaknesses. The sounds of battle around him seemed strangely muted, as adrenalin rushed through his body.

However, the creature did not seem to feel the same thrill as its eyes narrowed. "If the next world is about struggling and conquering, then it will be I who will do it, the greatest Dark Lord ever! No man of metal will stand in my way. I give you one chance, weakling, leave this place, and I shall grant you mercy. If you choose to fight, then you will meet your maker. Why are you laughing?" The snake's voice grew soft and dangerous.

Revan reigned in his chuckles. "You?" he said, "The greatest Dark Lord ever? Who are you? Are you the spirit of Freedon Nadd come from beyond to challenge me? Or are you Exar Kun given form? Are you Naga Sadow? What is your name, Dark Lord? Or are you weak enough to not have one?"

A furious hiss from the self-proclaimed Dark Lord told Revan that this enemy was easy to rile up. Revan smiled. This would be easy.

"My name, weakling, is Lord Voldemort," said the snake-man, visibly reigning in his anger, a nasty smile playing on his face. "It will please me very much to splatter your body on this floating hulk. And being the better man, I give you the courtesy of a duel."

Revan's confidence was replaced by confusion as the man withdrew a wooden stick from within his robes. "Bow, weakling," came that high-pitched voice. "Or has no one taught you the rules of duelling?"

Blood pounded in Revan's ears as the Force went haywire with warnings. This man was no idle threat, he had the power to-

"I said bow," and Revan felt his spine bend forward as if an invisible hand was pushing it forward. He instinctively reached for the Dark Side and let it flow through his body, breaking the being's hold on him and simultaneously ignited his lightsaber. He flung his hand out to force push the other away.

A snarl escaped the snake-man's mouth as he went hurtling away from Revan. The Sith Lord pushed the Force through his veins and leapt towards his adversary with inhuman speed, intending to finish him once and for all.

His lightsaber passed through thin air, the crimson glow illuminating the sudden emptiness of the space in front of him. He almost reeled back in shock. Impossible! Teleportation through space without any technology was unheard of!

The Force gave him a panicked nudge as he threw himself out of the path of a beam of light. He allowed the Dark Side to fill him and turned instinctively towards the black-clad Dark Lord who was wordlessly flinging laser after laser towards him. The academic in Revan wished to know how this man was flinging bolts of light using only a piece of wood. The fighter in Revan couldn't care less, as he dodged out of the way of another bolt only to block a third with his lightsaber. This guy was fast! Jedi-fast!

Revan concentrated upon his hate for the members of the Jedi Council, the ones who wished to let the galaxy rot as Mandalore pushed forward. His hate gave him power, and he leapt out of the way of another bolt, batted away another and sidestepped yet another. His analytical side, partially supressed by the haze of battle dully noted that the floor of the Star Forge was bubbling where the last bolt had hit it.

"Die, just die already!" said Lord Voldemort, his face twisted with hate. Revan watched his wand move through a red haze, the Force moving his body instinctively in a position from where he would be able to attack. His eyes gleamed with anticipation behind his mask. This would be it. He moved his hand forward, and jabbed it in the snake's direction. A crackle of lightening illuminated the area as Revan's Force Lightening raced towards Lord Voldemort.

The Force nudged him as he dove out the way, cancelling his lightening and narrowly missing a green bolt. The seemingly unbreakable floor gave a groan and began twisting as the green light struck it. He almost cursed. The creature could teleport.

Bolts of light began coming towards him with all the speed of a machine gun. Revan's frustration grew as he dodged and redirected those bolts of light to save himself from harm. In fact, had the Force not been flowing through him with the intensity it was, he was sure that the skeletal, leathery being which had appeared out of nowhere would have eviscerated him.

Revan picked himself up, dimly registering that his lightsaber had stopped deflecting those bolts of light as he searched for the new threat around him. The area was dark. So was the creature. It would be easy for it to-

Revan moved with the Force as his lightsaber went through an elegant Makashi motion. The black being was cut in two. Pathetic, attacking a Sith Lord with a living creature.

An angry snarl alerted him to the location of his opponent and he threw Force Lightening at it, plotting his next move. The creature would probably teleport to another place. Revan's eyes swiftly roved across the destroyed arena to predict its next move and identified the two places the creature would most likely teleport to.

Instead, the Dark Lord held his ground. A sliver shield sprang into existence in front of his adversary and absorbed the lightening, making an ominous gong like sound as the lightening was absorbed.

"Fool!" mocked the Dark Lord as he began throwing bolts again. "No one can beat me with magic, no one! My spells are stronger than yours can ever be!"

Revan's lightsaber moved up of its own accord as the Sith began thinking furiously. Magic? Not the Force? No wonder the Force wouldn't predict its movements properly. It was like fighting a droid, albeit one which used an energy no one had ever heard of and could conjure things at will. After that creature and the shield, Revan would have to assume that his foe could bring forth anything out of nothing just like the Star Forge, albeit at a much more limited scale, and that the bolts - okay, spells - would be disastrous to get hit with. He didn't know whether his armour would protect him from the foreign energy or not. His only protection was his lightsaber. Very well. He'd faced crazy odds before.

He began running sideways, deflecting spells and hid behind some debris. He didn't know how long it would hold against that creature, but he just needed a second anyway. The Force plucked out a Blaster from within his armour and put it in his left hand. And not a moment too soon as his protection exploded, shrapnel raining upon him. His armour protected him from the worst of it as his lightsaber moved up to protect him from a hail of spells.

Which never came. Before he could take advantage of this fact, the floor beneath him began shaking. His eyes flicked up to the Dark Lord, whose wand began moving in a complex pattern, a look of concentration on his face. Revan fired his blaster. The silver shield from earlier materialised in front of the creature, taking the blast. Revan rushed towards the thing, fully intent on destroying it once and for all. He knew that whatever the thing was planning did not bode well for him. He reached the Dark Lord in the blink of an eye, his red saber effortlessly cutting through the shield and whipping towards the Dark Lord. The Force was singing in his ears.

And suddenly, there was a jarring pressure on his arm as his sabre was stopped by something. A shield. A bloody shield. The creature's wand was out and a shield had materialised from its tip, stopping the Sith Lord's saber from eviscerating the snake-man. Revan snarled and increased the pressure, drawing on the might of the Dark Side as anger and frustration filled him. Sweat beaded down the Dark Lord's forehead as it fought to match the armour-clad Sith.

A hissing sound filled the room, and the Force suddenly began shouting warnings at him. The creature's strained face cracked open in a sinister smile and it eyed Revan with malicious glee. "You're dead now, metal man," it whispered in that high-pitched tone. "Nothing can match the power of the king of serpents." Before Revan could ask what he meant, the Force practically commanded him to jump aside, which he did and turned to face his new enemy, when his jaw dropped.

That had to be the biggest snake in the galaxy.

A yellow spell from his original adversary reminded him that the snake wasn't his only problem.

Revan charged Lord Voldemort, his lightsaber deflecting spells towards that snake. The Force was telling him to not look at its eyes. He didn't know why, but he'd never felt the Force being so insistent before. He leapt up to avoid a spell while simultaneously aiming his blaster at the magic user.

The Dark Lord suddenly teleported out of the way, and Revan had no chance to adjust his trajectory before a gaping mouth came towards him and everything went dark as he went hurtling into the gullet of that huge snake. His lightsabre gouged out a furrow as the snake's muscles moved peristaltically, pushing him towards its stomach. Revan began panicking. Death by digestion in a huge snake was not in his bucket list.

He forcibly began calming himself down, relying on the meditation techniques Master Kreia had taught him. Bit by bit, his logic returned and the red haze of battle receded. His anger still pushed him, but he did not allow it to dominate him any more. His breathing slowed down as his mind assessed the situation properly.

He was in the stomach of a snake. There was acid all around him. It had not begun eating his armour, but it was likely that that it would soon. He still had his lightsaber. His blaster had been knocked out of his hands when he had been swallowed.

His heart beat slowed down to normal. There was hope. He had his lightsaber, he had his brain. He concentrated on the Force, willing it to stretch out and feel everything around him. He couldn't feel the snake properly, but he could feel the air outside. He could feel the battles taking place in the Star Forge as Malak and his men fought to gain control of the superweapon.

He reigned in his powers, concentrating them, as a sudden burst of inspiration struck him. He let his powers saturate the ruined room in which they had been fighting and grinned maliciously as his thinking bore fruit. He could feel a trace of Force in the air. It was miniscule, but it was there. The air had been made by the Star Forge, and as such could be detected through the Force. This Dark Lord, on the other hand, was almost completely invisible. And in a room full of Force-saturated air, he was a hole. The biggest hole outside the snake. Revan closed his eyes. Haste and arrogance would kill him more surely than the acid around him.

Okay, reverse that. The acid had begun eating into his armour. Change of plans. Revan took a deep breath. Letting the Force flow through him, he ignited his lightsaber with a snap-hiss. The sword cast a red hue over everything. Revan closed his eyes. He didn't need to see anything for this. The Force would guide him.

With a mighty yell, Revan thrust his hand out, casting Force lightening and jumping at the same time, the tip of his lightsaber moving in circles above his head. For a moment he felt resistance when he reached the skin, but it was fleeting. A hole formed from which Revan jumped through, ignoring the thrashing snake, his training allowing him to keep perfect balance on its twisting surface.

Suddenly the snake vanished and he fell to the ground. Revan wasted no time, ducking one spell and slashing through two more as he sprinted towards the snake-man. To its credit, the Dark Lord fired spells as fast as it had when it had freshly arrived, but Revan was beyond caring. A flick of his fingers made the Force push debris towards his opponent, distracting it and buying Revan the time he needed. He swung his saber with both hands.

Only to meet another magical shield. Revan snarled and struck again. Another shield. Revan began slashing with abandon, his rage fuelling his berserker tendencies. He could feel the other being meet his thrusts and slashes head on with his shield, its lips open in a soundless snarl.

Suddenly, Revan removed a hand from the hilt of his saber and Force pushed the thing away. It fell back as if punched, and Revan stepped forward for the killing blow. But before he could more than lift his saber, a voice in front of him enunciated clearly, "Crucio."

Revan fell back soundlessly as immense pain filled him. It felt as if every nerve of his was on fire. It was pain beyond reason, pain beyond definition... It was pain enough to fuel his powers more than anything else he could have dreamed of.

Concentrating through the pain, he grasped for the Dark Side of the Force. A delicious power awoke in his bones, filling him up. It was euphoria, and Revan was drunk on it. His body moved on its own accord, and Revan didn't even care what it did, so heady was the feeling.

And suddenly, like a splash of cold water, consciousness invaded him and his vision cleared. Lord Voldemort's shocked face greeted him, but it was not looking at his face. Revan followed its gaze to see a stump where the hand had been. It wasn't bleeding, the lightsaber had seen to that. The creature fell to its knees.

His eyes narrowed and a cruel smile lit his face up behind his mask. "Causing a Sith Lord pain," Revan tutted. "You're an amateur. The kind who doesn't have a name, 'cause it doesn't deserve one. To tell you the truth, I don't even remember yours. And frankly, I couldn't care less about it. But I'd be remiss in my manners if I didn't tell you mine." He leaned close to the creature's ear to whisper, "Tell whoever's waiting for you on the other side that it was Darth Revan who sent you to Hell." And he swung his saber. "Headless."

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  9. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I want to see some magical creatures fighting.

So, during Voldemort's rule of Magical Britain in DH, several Death Eaters amuse themselves by forcing magical creatures to fight.

Pick two different creatures and showcase the fight (bonus points if it goes horribly wrong for the DE's)

10. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Currently beginning Bill Weasley vs The Mummy by Peace.

In the meanwhile I offer up this challenge: Neville Longbottom and Harry Potter vs the collective horde of inhabitants off of Isla Sorna and/or Isla Nublar. How and why they arrived there is at your discretion.

11. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Just read an update to a Mass Effect fic that has me all hot n bothered. Long story short, Benezia survives to the end of the first game, and Aethyta is on the Citadel in an attempt to stop the vanguard of the Reapers, so...

Matriarch Benezia vs Matriarch Aethyta

12. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

Arthur Weasley with Enchanted Gadgets (tm) vs Lucius Malfoy.

Took a bit longer than 30 minutes, and I needed ~5 minutes of editing to correct dictation software snafus. Other than that, it's raw.

-------​

Parchment ashes of drifted to the floor. The self-immolation charm had destroyed the paper containing simply an address and strands of red hair. The hair was too long to be Molly’s, and too soft to be Bill’s. That left Ginny, who was supposed to be safe at Hogwarts this Saturday, enjoying her first Hogsmead weekend.

He closed his eyes and shook his head. His hands were already reaching for the tools that he knew he would need, tools other than his wand. He was already wearing a tough leather apron for his work in the shop, and it had large enough pockets to contain a finished product or two. He paused for a moment and then picked a belt from the wall. On the belts were several pockets, which he emptied out, and put a few important items within. Normally the belt would hold tools for taking apart the muggle objects that he enjoyed- the more you knew about an object the better you could apply enchantments to it. Today they would hold something far more important. Plugs, an alarm clock, railroad spikes, all of these would be useful today. A small satchel received a jewelry case, a portable radio, a tuning fork, a small red and white ball, a deck of cards, and a rubber duck. Into the trouser pockets he slipped a fountain pen carefully capped, and three white handkerchiefs, all next to a ring of keys. He walked to the door, pausing only to pick up an umbrella and a bowler hat.

With a crack, Arthur apperated out from his shed and into downtown London. A nondescript warehouse met his gaze, and a practiced flick of his wand he cast the unlocking charm.

Nothing happened. He frowned, and flicked another charm, eyes narrowed. The door was standard, but held with a sealing charm that he was unfamiliar with. Arthur’s eyes tightened, and he pulled out the pen. He started drawing circles around the hinges of the door, and the locks. Where the pen touched, the metal sizzled, and what appeared to be ink stained into the metal and etched down into it, cutting through. One more circle around where the lock should be, and then he capped the pen, and fired a blasting curse at the door.

The door burst off its hinges and flew back into the room, and he strode forward. As he stepped through the door the lights came on and he saw ten shabbily dressed muggles waiting for him. A quick disillusionment charm hid him from view, but they still knew where he had been standing and came forward with a yell.

A stunner in and full body-binds allowed him to slip past the crowd, and he took off for one of the corners. Apperating in combat was a dangerous feat, and he was not proficient at it. The distractions could cause him to splinch easily. He rested the portable radio on the ground, and turned it on with a quick flick of his wand. The music drew the thugs over, and from the shadows Arthur noticed that the eyes were already unfocused with a slight glaze. This became more pronounced as they heard the sounds from the radio and stood with weapons falling from their hands, eyes vacant. The radio had been something Arthur enchanted up to help his children sleep at night, and the effect was not difficult to modify to an entrancement.

He slipped away from the enthralled grunts, dismissing them from his mind. He walked to the back office, where a light was gleaming. As he approached, he heard Lucius Malfoy’s voice, “Impressive. Overriding the Imperius with an enchanted device- I wonder what your department would say?”

As Arthur crossed the threshold he felt a wave of something come over him. Malfoy’s wand was already in motion, a curse already on his lips. Arthur shielded the bone-crushing curse, and retaliated with a slicing hex as his left hand fumbled with his belt.

Lucius defended against a sudden onslaught of hexes, frowning at the sheer commonness of them, when a muggle plug tumbled to his feet. A momentary pause was all the warning he received as a power surge suddenly shot through the building, a bolt of lightning arcing toward him faster than he thought possible. It narrowly missed him, and as he was moving he was clipped a glancing blow by one of Arthur’s body binds.

He fell to the floor by the unconscious girl bound in the chair, and clenched his teeth together. The portkey spun them away, Arthur’s impotent yell echoing in his ears.

Arthur snarled, and scrambled into his satchel, hands fumbling for the tuning fork he carried, and swung it against his knee. A clear haunting not resonated through the enclosed space, and for a moment Arthur saw the resonation of the enchantments that had flown through the room, including the destination of the portkey. He turned on his heel with a sharp “CRACK!” and was gone to Hogsmead.

-------​

Lucius’ recovery in his family’s Hogsmead cottage was swift, and he broke free of the bind. It was only a glancing blow, as Arthur’s concentration had been caught up in the plug that he'd thrown. Suddenly, he felt the cottage shiver as the protections rejected an oncoming apperation. His eyebrows raised- there was no way he should have been followed that quickly.

A vantage point allowed him to look down and see the redheaded man, looking ridiculous in a bowler hat and workshop apron, satchel over one shoulder and wand in one hand. Lucius permitted himself a small smile. There were multiple protections over this house. The anti-apperation was only the beginning, as those with hostile intent were discouraged from entering.

Weasley’s jaw tightened, and he reached down to his belt, pulling out a long nail. He walked forward to the edge of the protection, and thrust the nail into the ground. Stars flashed before Lucius’s eyes, and he felt something in the protections give way. No matter. The threshold would give him something to thing about, as would the hired help below.

Weasly’s tight smile had him worried though. The muggle-lover had certainly shown himself to be innovative. A small ringing sound- not unlike a waking charm- followed by a small explosion rocked the house. That despicable Weasley strode through the door unmolested, lifting his umbrella.

A quick charm allowed Lucius to view the proceedings below, and it was with great satisfaction that he saw his help cast more dark magic than he’d seen since the Dark Lord’s rise at Weasley. Weasley, who stood behind an umbrella, clearly unbothered as curses of the darkest arts streamed toward him, and past him. A plug tumbled to the floor, and a flash of lightning blew out the windows, stunning everyone into silence.

“My turn,” Weasley said into the silence, and tossed his hat into the middle of the room. Out of it hopped a white rabbit. The closest wizard threw an exploding hex dismissively at the rabbit, but it was already in motion, a blur of white fur and impossibly long fangs. A jet of blood, and the carnivorous white rabbit was feasting on the throat of one of the wizards.

The next wizard that tried to strike the rabbit met with the same fate, and only his friend’s quick thinking of transfiguring the dead body into a cage saved the others. The other three turned to see the redheaded wizard holding a yellow rubber toy, which jetted off his hand as though he’d banished it. It flew under the robes of one of the wizards, and his eyes bulged.

“Where is my daughter?” Weasley’s voice was low and hard. Lucius watched fascinated as the wizard revealed a side he’d never seen before. The man assaulted by the rubber duck wailed in pain and clutched his stomach, wand falling to the ground. His partners stared in horrified fascination, missing Weasley laying a deck of cards on the stone mantel.

The rubber duck burst out of the wizard’s chest, covered in blood and gore. His coworkers screamed and blasted the body- duck and all. They heard a tapping, and turned to see Weasley standing by the fireplace, tapping his wand on the cards. His voice did not change in inflection or volume as he asked a second time, “Where is my daughter?”

The terrified wizards pointed to the stairs and the redheaded wizard flicked his hands, and they left, jumping out of the nearest window. With a final tap, the fifty two cards circled him like a cyclone, and he marched towards the stairs.

Lucius spun, and grabbed at the unconscious Weasley Girl, placing his wand at her throat. The stairs creaked as her father came into view. “Lucuis.” The father’s voice was tight, his face pale with fury, wand trembling in a white-knuckled grasp.

“Arthur,” he replied. “So good of you to come. I must say, I’ve never seen this side of you before. So very violent. So dark. I wonder how many of your rules you have broken today.”

-------​

Arthur’s face relaxed. “It’s the side I always have. You are seeing all that I am, and you can rest assured that my primary rule about Family First hasn’t been compromised. Nor will it. Give me my daughter back, and we can let this go.”

A rush of wind punctuated his last word, and they were gone, leaving a paper behind.

Arthur closed his eyes, face momentarily crumpling. He stood that way for just a moment, and then flicked his eyes around. No way past the protections unless I’m keyed into them or invited in. What if I-

His back straight, his wand outstretched, he spun in a full circle, and whispered, “Intellectus.” Nothing happened, and then he felt it- a creeping knowledge of the house he was in- everything from the thatch roof to the stone foundation. Before the clarity left him, he took his knowledge of the place he was in, and applied an enchantment that was borderline legal for him to know. “Portus

As the Intellectus faded, the cottage began to glow, first faintly and then brightly, and began to spin. Arthur was thrown to the wall as the cottage ripped off its foundations and portkeyed itself to Wiltshire, to insert itself through the protections of Malfoy Manor.

A few moments later there was a loud crash, and a feeling like the world was ending- the doors blew off their hinges, the remaining windows blew in, and Arthur stepped out of the cottage and into the front hall of Malfoy Manor. He slid his wand into his pocket, thoughtfully tapping on his keys in time with his footsteps.

A voice seemed to come from everywhere. “You have the gall- the utter arrogance to come into my house? Like this? How dare you.” The lights seemed to glow brighter, the gold and white trim becoming sharper. Arthur set his face forward, tight and set one foot in front of the other. Boldly he crossed the Malfoy seal set at the end of the hall, and lifted his hands to open the door.

As he touched the doorknob, something rose from the crest, as faint as a vapor, and touched him. Immediately he felt his feet lock into place, a weight on his shoulders, and reached out with his second railroad spike. He slammed it into the floor, and felt his feet free. His exiting the hall was no longer impeded.

He strode forward into the dining area, looking to move towards the study, and felt something compress his chest, driving him to his knees. “It’s not so easy without the might of the DMLE backing you now is it?” Lucius’ voice was dry and venomous, something Arthur ignored as he struggled to be free of whatever it was. “This is the Crushing Darkness. It’s a favorite of my Family’s, as is the Affliction that you now find yourself under.”

Arthur brought up his wand and murmered, “Finite Incantatem! to no avail. He closed his eyes, flicking through several possibilities. Nothing. A family curse may not have even a general DADA counter. He pulled out a handkerchief just as the compressions ceased.

“Fortunately for you, The Crushing Darkness isn’t designed to kill, only to bring you to your knees. To give me the advantage.” Lucius stood in the doorway of the dining room, wand outstretched. “As it has.” The hankercheif fell open to a bright flashing strobe light, blinding them both and providing a distraction.

The red and white ball rolled onto the floor and opened with a flash of red light, revealing a Welsh Green dragon on top of the Malfoy’s dining room table. The strobe faded and Arthur was treated to a look of absolute shock as Malfoy faced down an injured and enraged eighteen foot long Welsh Green Dragon.

Arthur took off at a staggered run as Malfoy threw up a shield to block the narrow jet of flame. A brilliant green Killing curse sped toward the dragon, narrowly missing it as the creature lunged forward with a roar. Arthur stumbled down the hall, pausing to unlock a door and disable a house elf. “Please, oh please,” he murmured to himself, “Six right doors, four left doors- Ah!” the study was unlocked, and he burst through to see Ginny tied to a chair. He ran over and was struck with a sudden brilliant white light that knocked him to the ground, muscles spasming.

He didn’t know how long he laid there, only that when he came to, Malfoy was standing there, a burn on his face and blood on his robes. “I want to know how the hell you managed to contain that thing. I want to know what you did to my house, and I will learn it. But first I want a drink.” He walked to his desk and pulled out a glass. “I’m not worried about you moving anytime soon. That shot should keep you down for the next ten minutes or so, and by then we’ll have reached an understanding.” He poured firewhiskey into the glass and tossed it back.

“Why?” Arthur managed to croak out.

Malfoy’s eyes closed, disgust faint around them. “It’s not just your constant faciation with the despicable creatures, or your unnatural fascination with their objects. It’s not even the way you bastardize them by enchanting them. I dislike all that. I detest the way you work at passing laws that I find distasteful, but what it boils down to is that you really infuriate me with everything you are and everything you do.” He stared off at his family portrait pensively. “In fact I find only two redeeming qualities you have. You are magical, and you have a burning love for your family. Both things I can admire. But it is not enough to stay my hand.”

“Malfoy… Lucius,” Arthur gasped out. The blond aristocrat moved around the desk, outlined by the floor to ceiling window and moved closer. “Yes?” he said, a note of curiosity in his voice. “Gotcha.” The satisfaction in Arthur’s voice was sudden, and he lashed out with his foot, pushing Malfoy towards the window. Glass shattered as the Ford Angelina burst through, slamming into Malfoy and blowing him across the room. The Ford settled onto the carpet, purring quietly.

Arthur stood, reaching into his bag and pulling out the jewelry case, slid out a sliver torc and placed it around Malfoy’s neck. The thin braded metal slid into place and tightened down, a thin coil around his neck. “That apron pulls quite a bit of spell damage from the accidents in the shop. It doubles as protection for traps like you’ve thrown at me, and draws malignant magic to me, even leeching spell damage. Your ten minutes was cut down quite a bit.” Malfoy’s body was bent at a painful looking angle, which Arthur looked at with satisfaction. “That Angelina is my second greatest work. She’s essentially self-aware, and is able to hear a call through the key here, which is what really took you out.” Arthur smiled bitterly. “The spellwork was brutal, and absolutely terrible. I poured part of my soul into this thing, and while I grieve for the loss that accompanied the most esoteric research results, the Angelina is something that’ll ensure my family will have me for a long time.”

“What. Is this?” Malfoy’s voice rasped out, pain evident in his lined face. He touched the torc with trembling fingers.

“I call it a Dominion Band. It was meant to be an attitude and behavioral conditioning for the guilty members of our society, in an effort to make Azkaban obsolete. It is subliminal, and will make the wearer significantly less likely to repeat the offence they are guilty for.” Arthur paused, satisfaction creeping into his voice. “It’s not perfect, but you’ll desire to see my family lead a happy uninterrupted life.” His eyes unfocused, and he looked off into the distance. He snapped back to the present, voice like steel. “It can be subverted. But you leave my family alone. If I hear that you or yours have come after my family again, I will leave what I am doing. I will not challenge you to a duel. I will not announce myself anywhere. I’ll simply use every possible underhand, simple, creative way that I can think of to kill you.”

Arthur gently placed his unconscious daughter in the car, and turned back. “The torc won’t be noticed by anyone, and will take my wand to unlock. I’ll do so after my children graduate school, if you’ve done as I asked.” Malfoy stared with hatred and pain at Arthur as he pulled the car out and flew away.

Arthur returned to his shed. Ginny had been dazed, but happy to see him, and showed only a hint of regret after he told her she’d been caught after drinking a firewhiskey. The glint in her eyes had told him she was only likely to be more cautious about not getting caught in the future. A hug and a kiss to her cheek and she was off to the castle. Arthur waited for her to cross the threshold before walking to the edge of the castle’s protections and apperating back to the shop.

Once inside he took off the apron, and set aside his few remaining tools. He sighed with regret. The stasis/containment ball had been difficult to enchant and he had only a few left. None of the rest had a stasis enchantment strong enough to hold a dragon, sadly.

“Now,” said Arthur under his breath, “To fix this damn clock of Molly’s.”

Edit: I want to give credit to the user who's idea it was that the car was made into a Horcrux by Arthur, but can't remember the username, and couldn't find it in the plot bunny thread. It's not my idea, just one that fit in the story.

Edit 2: The post is here. Thanks wordhammer for the right direction, and thanks pidl for letting me use the idea.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  13. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

That was pidl in the Enchanted Objects thread (look for the post with all the thumbs).

14. Arrowjoe

Arrowjoe Auror

It's been a good year or so since I've written something for fun. Someone throw me a softball and I'll knock it out once I finish work. Stick to the Potter-verse.

On a side note: what ever happened to the TGYH Thread. Why all the splinter threads?

15. Knoq

Knoq Temporarily Banhammered

Neither of these things are bad in and of themselves, especially wards. That's just a name. And it would be rather absurd for a spell or charm to just keep perpetually going without something keeping it going. I'll wager Hogwarts needs its defense maintained and draws a bit upon its students.

However, magical core shit is, and always will be, completely retarded.

_____

Hagrid vs Hagrid's Beard:No Mercy

Fandom!Dumbledore vs Fashion

Canon!Draco vs Hermione Granger. 6th year. Instead of being told to kill Dumbledore, OutofFucksToGive!Voldemort tells Draco to wed Hermione Granger. No Imperio/Love Potions allowed.

16. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

I see another punch coming Draco's way.

17. Knoq

I have another plot bunny idea of this type, but much different.

Honestly though, it would be kinda funny. And while Love Potions may be banned, Sexy Dream Potions aren't.:nyan:

18. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

Snape vs. McGonagall.

As to the second, I only just found and started looking through the Potter TGYH Thread. No idea why the separate threads, other than maybe people wanting just a short "What if?" brawl or hook up.

19. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

Robo!Doakes vs Lumberjack!Dexter, the only way to redeem that ending.

20. Knoq

Xenophilius Lovegood vs....anyone at all. Verbal Sparring, last word wins.