1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fight Night Round 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Got this the other day, it's pretty badass. Awesome graphics, the fighting's pretty well done, fun watching the various ways to knock out folks. I think the game's difficulty ramps up too high as you move up in rank, but so far it's great in versus human mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOiFZ_rtqEk

2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Why am I not surprised that Hatton gets knocked the fuck out?

I still play Fight Night Round 3 - is Round 4 that much of an improvement.

3. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Round 4 improves on its predecessor.

Running at 60 FPS, it's nice and smooth with the gameplay faster than Round 3. Graphics are awesome, you could see the muscles flex everytime a punch is thrown.

I personally love the new gameplay. Constant parrying or walking up to your opponent with a haymaker charged is now over. Emphasis on counter punching is the way to go.

When I play, I use the skills I was taught to box, use jabs to measure, come in, counter, etc. Of course, it being a game, there's far more punches thrown, and recklessness abound. So, Round 4 does capture the feel and look of boxing.

If you have a PS3, let's play sometime.

4. Midknight

Check out the comparison
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmiGF8A-jf8

Says it better then I could. I'm getting pissed at it now. I'm rank 10 in my class, and basically I'm getting my ass beat, with the computer turtling nonstop and using devestating counter punches. I wind up running out of stamina wearing the bastard's block down in the later rounds, and getting knocked down in 2 nasty shots.

Slowly learning. The whole footwork and leaning thing I just can't get, I get nailed with bodyshots everytime.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just bought this and it is awesome, Middy Im having the same problem at the higher ranks their punches seem to do retarded amounts of damage.

Edit: I have it for PS3 too, if your on PSN hit me up for a fight, I use Krogan there too

6. Midknight

Just got the Xbox 360 man, need to get another modem so I don't have to drag the thing back and forth when I want to get onto Live. Lol, for that matter, I need to get a Gold account.

I'm hating the training games. I just auto train the damned things now, lol. I used to ROCK the sparring one, but now, the sparring partner is someone at your level, so when the fucker turtles up you get no points =/

7. Krogan

High Score:
    Lawl ack, it woulda been fun. I was debating whether to buy it for PS3 or 360 but I went with PS3 because live ticks me off so damned much sometimes.

Yeah the training is starting to piss me off, I used to be able to score in the low forty thousands on sparring but now that they started upping his skill Im LUCKY to get low twenties. The rest I dont even bother with playing I just auto when I need a boost.

8. Midknight

The Heavy Bag push drove me nuts. Hit the fucking thing with a combo, it goes back, if you step back so you don't get hit, it swings back on it's own anyway.

Seems you have to nail it with hooks and uppercuts to make it move at a good clip. Nothing beats the speed bag though, it's the foot speed training exercise that you have to have good foot speed in order to get good results, rofl.

the other punch bag one, just do the lean and jab, or stab up and straight punch I found worked the best.

9. Krogan

High Score:
    Definitely I tried the Heavy bag and I nearly went apeshit it came back on me so many times after three times of getting the bare minimum boost I said fuck it and havent done anything but auto since.

Huh Ill have to try that on the other bag.

How far have you gotten in the legacy mode?

10. Midknight

Contender I think is it, the one right above Club Fighter. I'm 15(9)-0-1, with the draw coming after about 10 times of me shutting off the xbox in the last seconds of the 10th round when the computer went Nintendo Hard on my face with right uppercuts. All the others before and after were legit wins, but that one became an obssession to win, and I finally just said fuck it.

11. Krogan

High Score:
    Same theres fights where Im willing to accept a loss but sometimes it just grinds me so Ill flip the PS3 on and off until I win, Im not proud of it but I get pissed of when suddenly I literally get one hit koed.

I just hit club fighter though, one thing Ive found though is that on a particularly bs fight try the fightcast thing, it will play your boxer to the maximum skill level, Ive never lost doing it.

12. Midknight

Same fucking thing again, only now I'm 15-0-0, all fights KOs, and now suddenly the computer's a beast. The only guy I can fight to move up a rank is a good bit taller then me, with another 5" range of reach. Normally I get inside and rock everyone, but this bastard's block rating doesn't ever seem to drop all the way, and despite opening his face up, his health and stamina don't drop normally.