1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Flying Without a Broom by Ruskbyte - T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Aekiel, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Flying Without A broom
    Author: Ruskbyte
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 28,878
    Updated: November 20, 2004
    Published: November 17, 2003

My Summary: Humour Fic - Harry gets his drink spiked and goes on a rampage using wandless magic and intercontinental apparition. Poor, poor, Draco... H/TONKS
    Official Summary: Tonks is posing as a Hogwarts student when someone slips something into Harry's drink. With Death Eaters on the prowl and the Boy Who Lived not only missing, but stoned out of his mind and horny to boot, what's a girl to do?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1604214/1/

By far the funniest fic I've ever read in my life. The second chapter especially had me on the floor laughing. If you read one humour fic this week, make it this one.

How's that for Pro-Advertising, eh?:lol:

Aekiel

Checked Nov. 17, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  2. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

i cant believe that this wasn't posted sooner..

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is mostly fun, but weird in some parts - flashes of extreme angst and gore, and then humor again. Very strange story... abandoned too.

4. Aekiel

High Score:
    Damn! Knew I forgot to add something. Oh well you can't have em all but it is a funny story, though that might be my warped sense of humour coming in to play.
    Hope you like it.
    Aekiel

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

It has been way too long since he updated this one. I love this fic, I'd agree it is one of the funniest ever. And frankly, the extreme angst and gore I thought was pretty funny. Not to mention it adds a nice dimension so it's not just a humor, but a good old fashioned legitimate drug!fic.

In my memory I only remembered how funny it was. When IP82 said it had "flashes of extreme angst and gore," I had to look it up before I remembered he sort of punched Bella's skull until he'd caved it into a pile of mush.

Definite classic. It's one of three tied for my second most favorite Ruskbyte fic. Evil Be Thou My Good is number one, but this one, Midnight Avatar, and the Quiet Place are all tied for my second favorite. Then again, my least favorite Ruskbyte fic I think I'd still say I love.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I remember reading this so long ago. It was great. I didnt like the last chapter though... the MIB thing just didnt sit with me very well.

7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

...and then breaking down in a heap of snivelling anguish, only to jump up a minute later and go on with fun and games... like I said, very, very strange story.

Agree, "Evil Be Thou My Good" is his best work. "From the Abyss" is probably my second favourite - probably the best crazy & vengeful & Azkaban Harry story. "Backwards Compatible" had a great idea, but too much needless angst ruined it IMO. His H/G novels are pure crap, though.

8. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Umm He's high on dope... How else can he act after caving someones head in??? That said I always liked reading this story. Pity he hasn't updated in a while.

9. Aekiel

High Score:
    Twenty two minutes and six seconds.
    Gotta love that :D
    So who thinks this is hilarious?

10. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I don't know if you're already aware of this, but he's been reloading (after edits) Backwards Compatible to fanficauthors.net for some time now... He just recently made it back up to the last known chapter of Backwards Compatible and so I'm expecting to see some new stuff any day now. He's also posted a ficlet short short called Skewing the Odds which wasn't too bad, even if I did think it a bit short. There's also a short called A Little Homework which I hadn't noticed until now, so I'll be reading for a bit, thank you for making me look! :D

--bornagainpenguin (happy to point out Ruskbyte might not be quite as dead as people thought)

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, read all his stories. All the ones I could take anyway. I mostly check fanfictionauthors.net for him though I have looked at his FF.Net a few times before.