1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Food Wars / Shokugeki no Souma [Manga/Anime]

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Republic, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You think so?

Their bodies are basically identical, but the red eyes and hair colour/style really do it for me.

I love her in the uniform too. I think she's the only one I've seen wearing the sweater. :3

I might have liked Nikumi more if she didn't dress like a hooker and more like Ryoko.

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Yeah, same. It should really just be twenty pages of food every chapter. Who does this mangaka think he is, trying to tell a story? I signed up for black and white pictures of food and Nakiri's huge rack, not character development.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    (I have the hardcopies of the manga and use them more as cook books. My karrage was delicious.)

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think this series is at its best when it's lighthearted and fun, so this arc isn't really my favorite either. But whatever, it will pass. Hopefully before it tanks the series like shifting the tone did to Beelzebub.

Anyway, I think the author isn't pacing as well as he could be either. I mean, we're still in first year. If he's already doing all this, how is he going to cover the remaining years? He maybe should have waited until second year to initiate this plot. I hope there's a structured plan here. Ideally, for me, Souma's victory over Eizan (please, we all know how that battle is ending) will mark the end of Year One and the second will be largely dedicated to pushing Azami out of Tootsuki. Only problem is that changing years means that some of the Elite Ten, like Eishi and Rindou, will graduate and we'll lose the chance to see them compete in shokugeki and such.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Soma's (possible) victories are way more enjoyable when I don't like the opponent. More the more unlikable, the better.

6. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

So long as they find some way for Soma to be smug with that glorious thick eyeliner he and Alice get around in I'm content with the manga.

My standards are low, idgaf.

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mangahere has a lot of the chapters in full colour, btw, and they look pretty amazing.

8. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I really dislike whoever's taken over the translating from Casanova in the sense of putting them out first, the writing just feels off in comparison.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm surprised more people don't use kissmanga. I always use it. The pages are never low quality, the translations are great and the top-down format is very smooth.

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

All I have to say is

[​IMG]

11. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I've actually been waiting for Kuga the last few chapters, he voted against Azami, refuses to attend E10 meetings but isn't actually physically involved in the storyline yet.

12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I just finished watching the anime and loved it. It was fun. So can anyone tell me from which chapter I should start reading now.

13. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Pretty sure 58 is the end of Hayama/Soma, or the one titled Their Respective Weapons at any rate.

14. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Desperately waiting for some Azami-Soma interaction.

15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Isn't it a bit early for that? Right now Soma would just get run over.

16. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Not a Shokugeki, more Azami trying to get Soma onside. Promising to help him beat his father for instance or in a bid to get him to join Central.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I didn't mean Shokugeki either. There's no area, no angle from which Soma can challenge or resist Azami as of yet.

18. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Azami clearly recognized the name Yukihara though. I'm expecting some long awaited mother reveals.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

If he had any intention of doing that, then he probably would not have given a green light to Eizan attempting to shut down Polar Star Dorm. The smart play in such an event would have been to approach Souma beforehand and attempt to barter his cooperation with Central in exchange for leaving the dorm at peace. Probably wouldn't have worked anyway, but now Souma bears him ill will due to this whole business.

Souma made a bad impression on him during his introduction, and I think Azami would rather he be gone altogether.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    I love how we're all speaking of Soma as if we know him. As if he's your typical open book shonen protagonist.

Look into those eyes. In those depths you'll find a hint of that ever present, evil, frightening cunning, the likes of which would put Lelouch to shame.

He's masterfully drawn, but not even the artist can fully conceal the brilliance within, some of it just forced its way through though, unbidden.

BEHOLD!

[​IMG]