1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete For Love of Magic by Noodlehammer - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Jon, Dec 25, 2015.

1. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was meh chapter. The whole Zoe thing was unnecessary I think.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

The downward spiral begins in earnest.

3. Amoral Philosopher

Amoral Philosopher Seventh Year

Ya, this was a sub par chapter for me as well, mainly due to it lacking the general humor that carries all the stories written by this author. Without the scenes that make you laugh, the story doesn't have much to offer. Hopefully this was just setting the foundation for the next few chapters.

As for the portion with Zoe, I pretty much saw it as the author's way to get rid of Harry's virginity so that he can set Harry up for some more mature sexual humor in this year at Hogwarts. I feel pretty certain that this story is basically going to turn into a Harry Potter version of the author's Naruto series of stories. I am fine with this though because I was fairly entertained when I originally read those as well. I am somewhat hoping that the author turns this into a Harry Potter series of stories that eventually crosses over with his Naruto series just so I can read about a Godly bromance between Harry and Naruto in some random dimension causing chaos for the lulz.

4. Crimson13

Crimson13 Professor

At the moment I'm going to give it a 3.5. I like it but there is the feeling of cliches and a "super Harry" vibe. I do like some of the explanations about the magical world though, like the rest of the worlds muggle polices spilling over or even just cultures.

5. syed

syed Supermod

Do we think that his augementations will protect him from ambitious girls? I suppose direct magic used on him might be dealt with, but there are still plenty of ways he can get in trouble.

6. Zel

Zel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Yep, he's becoming Noodlehammer's Naruto. Called it.

The chapters are likely to be longer as Harry will start socializing and I get the feeling that he'll hit off with Sirius very well. Also, I wouldn't worry about an overpowered Harry, I'm sure he'll be very strong but, in Reaching for a Dream, every time Naruto got stronger there would be an as strong or even stronger foe. He was pretty good at building conflict as far as I recall.

7. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Everybody loves a curbstomp once in a while. At least he has a great grasp of grammar, sentence structure and the overall english language, not to rehash the age old argument,but that puts him above 90% of ff.net. Reaching for a Dream was weird at places true, but it at least had some rythm, this - at least to me - is not going anywhere, he doesn't have an all consuming goal like Naruto had, so to me looks meh.

8. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

His all consuming goal will eventually be to kill Voldemort. Tommy boy will probably end up killing Luna or Ginny or some other girl of Harry's and the story will be back on the track of "Reaching for a Dream". I bet there will even be an eventual threesome "Rape Game" with Naruto and Xanna.

PS. I hope he has Harry revive Lily and Jame in some way so Harry can have the awkward conversation with his parents as well.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  9. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    That Rape Game was really, really weird. The Sekirei was kinda too long, the Stargate one was kinda meh at the end, but I really liked Trolling the League. I know it was parody but it brought up so many points that I agree with that it made the story my favorite of the series.

Underwear outside of your clothes? Really?

10. Amoral Philosopher

New update and the story throws something new into the mix at the end. The story is somewhat turning into something more than the lolzy story I was expecting it to only be. I am starting to become interested in where the plot is going instead of just enjoying it for the laughs.

11. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

To be quite frank. I haven't gotten that many laughs out of this fic. It's actually been pretty serious so far. I actually wish this fic would move along it's plot a bit faster.

12. iamnotreal

iamnotreal Second Year

High Score:
    Earlier on I was a bit annoyed to see runes being utilized in such a powerful way... Now I stand corrected. There is always a price.

I wonder what other rune sets besides the obvious ones we already have seen will exact such a deep price.

13. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Well that happened.

The whole sex thing after his Naruto stories is meh, and a little overdone. At least we know that he isn't afraid to down the dark path, so prolly there won't be any purifying ritual or some such to heal his rune fuckup.

14. Jon

I just can't bring myself to read 13 yo Harry getting his dick wet.

15. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

At least it's not straight up 13 y.o. Harry and he has the accelerated growth shit going for him, although I'm not a fan of the runes anyway since I think the concept is ludicrously OP and the idea of finding and executing unknown magic at his age after growing up Muggle is equally absurd.

The latest twist is straight from from AngelaStarCat's With Strength of Steel Wings, which is where I suspect the entire idea for the runes came from in the first place.

That said I'm still enjoying this story quite a bit.

16. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

New update from Noodlehammer. I thought this chapter was a lot more interesting. I think it deserves a bump up rating to 3/5 at least.

17. Amoral Philosopher

It was definitely more on the interesting side of things compared to previous chapters. I am now curious how fourth year will go due to all the ripples Harry has caused up to this point. Overall, I am still enjoying the laid back feel this story has most of the time. It doesn't have the "taking itself overly seriously" feel to it that most fics of this kind usually have.

18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    To me, this fic has become one of the extremely rare 4/5 guilty pleasure fics. I just keep liking it more after every chapter, even with the tacky yet lulzy fantasy and game references.

19. Jon

Noodlehammer is great at writing those types of fics; one's that are technically horrible, but you just can't look away from.

20. syed

syed Supermod

I am wondering if the alterations now make him immune or dangerous to dementors and Horcrux? That would be useful in the future. Apart from the goblet and snake, all the others could be worn. I am hoping this would allow the relics to be kept intact.

So he can't take his core subject exams early, but the Newts for them, can he take them in the summer after the owls? That way he is getting a chance to advance his learning somehow. And it is only for charms and transfiguration. In the mean time, he can do Owls for runes and arithmancy, and then study to advance to newts in the coming years. Also, if he passes the exams early, seducing the teachers for the subjects might not be as frowned upon as he has already graduated from their classes even if he is still in school.

I always wondered why the school does not have a planetarium? If enchanted, it would be an epic part of the school.

This Harry is too busy to be anywhere near the tournament.

If this Harry is known to be lending to new businesses, even if it was to pretty girls. Then others including the Weasleys twins might seek him out.