1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Freedom has a Price by Bleedndreamz - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Starwind, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Title: Freedom has a Price
    Author: Bleedndreamz
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure:
    Pairing: Naruto x Mei
    Summary: Naruto had a problem. He had no one to train him for the chunin exams, but more importantly, he had no one in life there for him that would also judge him. So naturally he was desperate. Yet you know what they say... "Desperation only attracts vultures."
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6192176/1/Freedom_has_a_Price

I enjoyed the story, it got captured my interest because of the ninja-ish feel to the story. Some things bothered me like a skill Naruto learns for the Chunin Exams final and Mei being a little touch of a marysue, sort of like how the author made Daphne one in his HP fic, but the story was in the top ten of Naruto fics I've read, imo... it captured my attention and made me interested in it, and although some parts where rpedictable, it was enjoyable.

3.5/5

2. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Chapter 1 is filled with grammatical mistakes. When I got to Mei, my SI alarm is ringing.

So, according to the author notes, he/she is very big on character development... and yet doesn't bother to explain how Mei happens to know everything about Naruto, including how many friends he has and people he's acquainted with. Hell, according to the first chapter, the Mist village is weaker than before, equaling Hidden Village of Snow or w/e, and yet it has a top notch intelligence organization that keep taps on all events, including jinchurriki's?

No, I do not buy it.

This is not promising. Nevertheless, I'll read a couple more chapters.

EDIT:

Getting through chapter 2 was painful. I couldn't go past chapter 3. It's filled with cliché upon clichés.

2/5

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  3. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Read this a while ago. Filled with inconsistencies.

Hiruzen not killing the bitch who wants to take his adopted grandson/most powerful weapon from him because Naruto likes her? Fuck off.

Guilty pleasure if you can suspend your disbelief and aren't huge on perfect spelling and grammar. 2/5.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

The actual writing is mostly ok, apart from the grammatical errors - but the gross incompetence shown by the Konoha ninja is just ridiculous and the Mizukage just strolling around in Konoha without care?

2/5 at best, many much better naruto stories around.