1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Full View of All Chapters

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by liath, Jan 5, 2008.

1. liath

liath Seventh Year

I've seen this option in some fanfiction websites--to be able to combine all the chapters on a single page.

Would it be possible to make this a feature of PC as well?

(I think it's available on the TtH Fanfiction Site.)

2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I immediately thought of TtH (Twisting the Hellmouth, a Buffy crossover fic archive for those that haven't dicked around in that particular fandom) when you said that. I'm not sure it's a great idea... for the really long stories, Denarian Renegade or Song of the Trees or whatever, you've got a fair-size leech from just one page. Still, it's worth suggesting.

3. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

I've no knowledge of any possible technical disadvantages, but it would be extremely convenient for those of us who just want to read a good, long story in one sitting, without stopping.

The site looks great BTW, I'll check it again once it has some more new material.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Is pushing 'next' really that much of a bother? It hardly interrupts the reading experience at all.

But yes, worth suggesting.

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I guess it makes printing the story off a lot easier. Perhaps make a printer friendly mode?

6. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

This would be usefull when searching for some specific part of a story. Lets say you want to recap and wish to search for a specific word/words using the browser. With the chapter style you might be forced to go to chapter1,search,chapter2,search,chapter3,and so on. With full view of all chapters you only need to search once.

I have ran into this a few times when there is some specific part that I want to reread to refresh my memory but cannot recall the chapter number.

7. liath

liath Seventh Year

No, it's just more useful when I'm flying for sixteen hours offline and would like to have some reading material.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I will more likely make it a feature of the export system that I've created.

9. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Actually, that brings up another thing. If the 'Next' were a link, rather than a button, you could right click and open the next chapter in a new tab, with a button, you can't. I tend to pop all the chapters open in different tabs, then duck back offline to free up the phone. It's always been annoying that I couldn't do that on FFN, though with deffnet, that isn't as much of an issue.

Having a 'view all chapters' feature would sort of eliminate this issue, except some people like to keep the chapters separate so they have a place to stop if they aren't reading everything in one sitting.

Just some thoughts...

10. liath

liath Seventh Year

Hmm--that also reminds me, it'd be nice if there were a link as well, really. Sometimes I'm in the subway and want to read fanfiction on my mobile phone and want to click "next" or "previous" but for some reason the button doesn't work for my cell.