1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Game and Variant List

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Wait until it gets to when his game is due and if he's not back then just skip his game.

2. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Moderation list is rather slim right now. Zeit is gonzo, so his game won't be running, I'm not sure that Avatar is anywhere near ready to go, and I'm unaware of the status of Ego Mafia. Ika?

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Should I fire up the Engines on my Dresden then? I can either make it a small (around 5-12) or large (15-19).

4. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

i am alwasy around to make a game.

if batman lifts off i will get my signup thread ready when the game is near completion (about 2/3rd way done)

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

How would people feel about another Survivor game? Is there any interest in doing one at this time?

6. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm tentatively going to slot myself into the queue here. Liable to change/get delayed, but probably a choose your own.

---------- Post automerged at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 AM ----------

As depicted here.

7. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'm sorry what is your game?

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Count me in for sure. I loved Zeit's game, Lexi's was a little more hit-or-miss, but I'm ready for a third go round.

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    A game where people post to signup and pm an impartial player their flavor, who sends me the list. At this point I will roll for teams, and then create a role/ability based on their flavor (but not solely based on - be wary of assumptions). Other than that, it would be a mostly 'normal' role madness game - there won't be any bastard-modding, or unusual mechanics besides roles.

Basically, this:

I will do the role-balancing in consultation with another player I consider competent, as well as anyone else who wants to help with the modding/can't play.

10. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

You're describing Choose your Side.

You are literally describing CYS, which was just finished running.

It might be prudent to wait a few games before runnning another game like that. Batman mafia isn't over yet, and Ika's mafia is in signups.

I was also mostly asking Ika this question, but I realize I didn't make that clear, sorry.

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I take it I was removed from the queue? :$

12. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Anyway, as for order of games, after Batmafia and Ika's Mafia, Zeit is still gone, and Avatar isn't on the block as of yet IIRC, so I'm ok with having a Survivor game run along side a mafia game, because we're at such a low game saturation, but the issue is I'm not sure it's ok to run it along side a complicated game like CYS.

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

The thing is you mentioned wanting it in Sept/Oct and that time past with people on the list ahead of you. If you want to be on the list after Ika (who was on before you anyway) I can do that, but I'll need a game from you. Is it the Mass Effect theme game or?

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Gotcha I understand :D If you like just put me at the end of the queue. I was just going to run a newbie friendly game to try to get some more faces on DLP. :)

14. Quiddity

High Score:
    Haha :lol: I find that hilarious on many levels. Anyway, just slot me in there as an undetermined one, then, I've got some other ideas in mind.

I thought CYS was more like Capo, but I hadn't bother to reread it.

15. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Quiggly, is your game bastard or how bastard is it? CYS was pretty bastard like Jon Snow levels. I like being able to choose characters though so I would be up for a game where we could choose characters.

I would be up for a Survivor game but Zeit's are like the Gold Star for them so yeah...

---------- Post automerged at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

And maybe in the summer I could run my game, it needs some work re: balance. I'd come up with a theme and RP, of course.

16. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I'm curious if people would like the institution of a rule regarding balance that any setup that goes through this queue would need to be reviewed and OK'd by me before it's played. I'm not looking to play any mafia in the foreseeable future, and this would give some quality control.

17. Quiddity

High Score:
    I have no interest in running a bastard mod game, and nothing I do will involve it. If there are any mechanics that are questionable (cults, for example) I would announce them first. My CYS lookalike was going to be simply unusual/flavorsome roles, on about the same level as Batmafia.

Here's an example of the roles Uberfish gave us:

Qgqqqq, Baron Duin Halfmorn, Conditionally Untargettable Werewolf
    Azza, A Creeper, Suicide Bomber
    Ryan, Dante, Role Seer
    Tasunke, Eurabatres, Arsonist Mass Distractor
    Gaspar, Ezio Auditore, Secret Mayor

In order: Untargetable unless doing the kill; has the ability to blow up, killing someone along with him; has the ability to block all roles once per game; and passively decides all ties for votes.

So a touch weaker than Batmafia, with the exception of Tasunke.

I'm happy to have my game checked by another before publishing it -I'll be doing that regardless, and another set of eyes is always better. :)

18. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

if this was refered to me (if i'm reading it correctly from the last few posts)

its a corss of WH (where any role can be scum or town) and a specially designed by me (everyone has a base role [cop, doc, roleblocker, ect] and then they have a specialty based of their role [essentially a modifier or a unique-like role])

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Would it be ok to make a separate thread to see how much interest there is (for Survivor)? I'm fine with holding off on formal signups etc. dependent on what games would run concurrently with it

20. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

You have my blessing.