1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

Games you wish existed

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Taure, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Erandil

Erandil Headmaster

Well it is f2p so I would suggest checking it out first to see if you are okay with the mechanics, graphics, etc (and if you are patient you can do the whole story entirely as a f2p). If you like it and want to get serious about doing the story quests I would suggest buying a month of premium access makes the main game quite easy to breeze through, permanently unlocks the add-ons (if you are interested in them, I would say they are worth playing at least once) and simply enjoy the stories. And once the subscription ends you get "preferred" status which comes a number of quality of life improvements and as said lets access the add-ons.

There is actually a nifty reddit page that summarizes all the differences between the various modes so check it out.

In regards to time - I never played the game seriously as a f2p (I bought it at the start and generally buy once a year a month of subscription to check the updates etc.) but as a premium player you can certainly do a "basic" storyline over a long weekend (I think that ~25 hours is a good ballpark for the basic class story playthrough and I would add another 5-10 if you check out the "side" quests and so some (solo) flashpoints) and maybe the same if you want to do all the add-ons but I am far less certain about that since it has been quite some time since I last did those.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  2. Arthellion

Arthellion Professor

High Score:
    @Erandil Are you including Fallen Empire in that 25 hours?

Also there were some great storylines. My top three:

Imperial Agent
    Sith Warrior
    Jedi Knight

Least favorite:
    Consular
    Inquisitor
    Trooper

I think smuggler is the funniest. Truly felt like Han Solo.

I still want a proper single player KOTOR sequel though.

3. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Maybe it was a limited time event, but they changed it so story quests give thousands of percent more xp so you could just breeze through the story and ignore mmo side quests right?

Imperial Agent and Sith Warrior are the two best stories, aye. JK is very by the movie numbers, but still fun.

I think the only ones I'd say to actively ignore are hippy consular and yawn trooper.

4. Erandil

Erandil Headmaster

Nope, just the "basic" game/storyline without any of the DLC. I mean you can probably do it (the main-game to level 50) in around 10 hours if you only do the class specific quests and what little extra you need to get the rest of the exp (especially if you have equipment from other chars, exp boosters etc.) but I included stuff like the planetary quests-line, some of the sidequests, some companion stuff since I find those worth playing, at least the first time.

5. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

It's free, if you just wanna level. End game you basically need a sub for it to be worthwhile, but leveling is easy enough without paying a cent.

I've always found it weird, since that's the best part of the game, but whatever.