1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Oh, I'm not worry about Tryndamere not beating Nasus in lane. It's a pretty easy lane if anything (Malphite is a bit harder). Not to mention, most Nasus won't be maxing Wither any how, which is probably the reason you feel like it doesn't affect you much.

But Nasus vs Tryndamere is an increasingly hard lane for Tryn, with Wither making it dificult for him to do any extended trades unless you got very far ahead in lane. But it's not like a Tryndamere can really stop a Nasus from farming at tower.

Either way, while Nasus vs Tryn is a losing lane (like, 90% of all his other match ups), it's one of the few that he does pretty well in tbh.

2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Actually, early aggression, especially at lvls 2/3 on Trynd, tend to shut down the enemy laner unless they're ahead of Trynd already.

Since then Trynd just crits your face in and you have to run away unless you want to die.

And the lane actually gets easier for Trynd as he can effectively zone Nasus away from farm after the first engage.

Stacking raw armor doesn't work vs Trynd either because of the aforementioned magic damage items. On top of that, Trynd can just engage as he pleases and force Nasus to blow mana on Wither if he doesn't want to lose.

All Trynd needs is one attack that crits or has a Shiv proc to make it worth a trade.

3. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

The thing is though, it's very very common for Nasus to control their minion waves at their tower by the time it hits level 2/3. All you have to do is give up 1 or 2 early cs, and you can basically control the minion wave near your tower for the rest of the laning phase (or until you go back). Tryndamere simply cannot poke a Nasus under tower, and the few hits he gets in are insignificant. By the time Tryn gets a Shiv, Nasus's Q should do comparable damage back to him. Throw in a wither, Tryn won't be winning that trades that hard anymore. And while there is Shiv damage, stacking armor still mitigates most of Tryndamere's damage. Shiv has a nice passive, sure, but it's hardly enough to kill a Nasus.

A Nasus doesn't really have to blow mana on Tryndamere that much. By the time he's past level 6, he can trad a blow for blow equally with Tryndamere. If Tryndamere does continue to fight, then a wither can be thrown, allowing you to Q Tryndamere once more. By level 6+, Nasus really does not lose in trades anymore, as long as he is not the one that starts the trade.

And in terms of scaling and teamfight potential, a Wither will effectively cut away half of Tryndamere's damage, unless cleansed/qss.

4. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Oh god.
    That Dignitas vs CLG game.

I don't want to backseat quarterback, but here's some of my thoughts on how CLG could have played the game better.

First of all, in the picks stage, Dignitas completely read CLG like a book. They picked an excellent team comp to deal with CLG's double AD they've been running.

I'm not sure I like the Twisted Fate and Vayne switch. TF can do alright vs Kassadin early, but instead CLG sent him top to get eaten alive by Elise.
    I really dislike this move because TF and Nocturne were the ones who had to make plays in the early/mid game to snowball CLG. Dignitas really identified this, and Lee Sin ganked poor TF so many times.

I was surprised to see CLG didn't pick up a single Hexdrinker or Wit's End. An aspd/bloodthirster Twitch would have worked just as well IMO. A Vayne with Hexdrinker/BoTR would have been amazing vs Kassadin and Elise.

CLG also played the objectives wrong IMO. I think Jatt mentioned it, but they insisted of fighting for every tower and they couldn't with their champions. They should have traded towers top for bot/bot for top, etc. and then relied on TF and Nocturne to make a play to get mid tower. They would have had the advantage in a global objective trading as Dignitas only had TP Kassadin.

Dignitas played the game very well though. Scarra on Kassadin was excellent and fun to watch. Lee Sin was playing so well too. And that Sona Flash Crescendo to seal the last inhibitor was excellent.
    They also had excellent strategy as well as tactics. Forcing all the towers as early as possible led to all the skirmishes which allowed them to fight fight fight.

The best part, Sona + Varus lategame is no slouch and even if CLG made it to lategame, they would have had an excellent fight of it even vs two AD.

CLG fans are rollercoaster riders. Up and down =(

5. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Jungle Yorick in game 1 of MVP Ozone vs Xenics STrom in the OGN this morning - going out now so I can't watch but it's just starting, be an interesting VoD for me personally as Yorick jungle...? Well.

Happy to see VES start takinga few games in the NA LCS, said Cris was a terrible player from when he joined and he never won his lane or actually did anything in any game so, happy to see him benched. Doubt they'll make a top 6 spot to reach the qualifiers but I'd like them to finish with t least a .3 win ratio.

6. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Anyone on the Oceanic server want PAX Australia skin codes? I have two extras from when I went to PAX yesterday.

7. Trooper

Trooper Death Eater

Sent you a PM.

If noone who primarily plays on Oceania wants em, I'll take em.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    A good game from EG vs MYM.

However, I feel like EG are winning just enough that we don't give up on them and keep getting disappointed when they get crushed.

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

10. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

ChaosGuy is sorry.

11. Oz

12. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

IIRC, PAX codes can be used across all servers, but only once per server.

So you can try giving them to EU and NA players and see what happens.

13. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Yes. I would love some Beonid. :3

14. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Hmm, does your mmr drop when you don't play for a few days? I know you start losing LP after 28 days, just curious about mmr as I was last pick in 2 games today, normally I'm anywhere from 2nd - 4th. Guess I got paired with far better people, always fun.

15. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Eh, solo queue position is basically random. The MMR difference in games without a mismatched duo queue fucking everything up is tiny.

Of course if my experience in the last two weeks of play is any indication, the number of games without a mismatched duo queue fucking everything up is also tiny.

I don't know how every Bronze player on EUW suddenly found a Diamond player to queue with, but I wish they'd stop doing it while I'm trying to learn Jayce, Thresh or Zed.

16. Oz

Protip: don't try to learn a champ in ranked...

17. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I'm not. I'm doing it in normals. But the matchmaking there is worse.

18. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Funny because I've never had an issue with normal games matchmaking. But if you don't play normals, your MMR is shit which is why diamond level players often play against bronzes. It's why Phreak plays the Phreak account for normals but the RiotPhreak account for ranked.

19. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Haven't touched normal games in the longest time just because of the fear of getting matched against people far better/far worse and not learning as much as I could - though that said, it never hurts to lane against people better than you.

The main thing that bugs me actually is the fighting over who gets to play what, I don't remember the queues for draft pick normal games being all that short.

20. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

They're about the same as ranked queue times these days. Maybe a little longer at off peak times.

Not open for further replies.