1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

Meh, I dislike normal games mainly because there's no sense of progress. All you get is a win/loss number and total games played.

I feel you should learn the champions skills/basic combos in a custom game and then play ranked games to develop your proficiency. Normal games just don't offer the pressure to perform for me. And I think that's what makes you make plays.

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think that normal game with three or four friends is infinitely more fun than any ranked game on your own.

3. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Is it just me, or have there been a rash of fucking terrible ADCs lately? I swear to god, I've been cursed. Every other game my Bottom Lane feeds like the dickens.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

5. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

On the flip side, their must be a rash of amazing ADCs on the other team too.

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Could always be the supports or junglers carrying the AD-carry...

7. Super Bunny

Super Bunny Fourth Year

Or fenfen doing worrrrrkkkkk

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Eh, I did get promoted, but it was as mid in my last four matches.

9. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I just spectacularly failed one of the easiest matchups there is, Ryze vs Fizz.
    At lvls 1-3 it was so easy. I poked him, lowered him to almost dead. I go in for the kill, I press ignite, and turn around, secure in my first blood. I don't see fb, am like 'wtf?'. Turns out ignite wasn't on smartcast. I played on new PC, so I checked the smartcast earlier. I saw qwer on smartcast, so I thought summoners were on smartcast too. They weren't. I ended up giving fb to Fizz, and tearing my hair out.
    Go back to lane, rinse and repeat. Like a retard, I forget to fix ignite in my frustration. Again I miss the kill because I didn't ignite. Nevertheless, Fizz is low enough that w-q should finish him. I go in, try w, didn't work. Like a retard, I didn't notice I was out of mana.
    After that, Fizz was too strong for me. I deserved that loss. Jesus, the plays.

12. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Don't feel too bad. I used to main Fizz for a while and I while I've heard Ryze is THE counter to Fizz I never actually had too much trouble in-lane vs him. Levels 3-11 are pretty much a skill matchup in my opinion. The lower levels let Ryze dish out free harass and at higher levels root duration and Ryze's beefiness can fuck Fizz up. That said, if you dump on Ryze from 3-11 and roam a lot you can mitigate a lot of Ryze's power.

13. Oz

Any tips for playing Ryze? Got crushed by a Brand the other day and I'm trying to figure out what I should have done differently apart from dodge more.

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I feel bad because I misplayed that so badly. Fizz only got fed because instead of picking up two easy early kills, I gave them. If I had not gone full retard, I would have gotten huge from early game, and Fizz would have been completely behind.
    I suppose it happens, but I don't remember the last time I played so bad, so I thought it was worth a mention.

15. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Brand'll be annoying because of the similar ranges and his passive means you will lose out if you just go in and trade Q's.

My best advice would be to, early on, mash Q to get him low then get your jungle in for an early gank. Make sure he's scared to get in range.

If that doesn't work try and bait what skills you can (assuming he doesn't have blue) then all in him.

An early negatron cloak would also be your friend.

16. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Cannot get my daily win done these days, I hate playing against bots even though that'd be the easiest method. Every ARAM I win lately I have to lose 6 or 7 before it, so the quick win of the day to knock 2 hours off turns into a 3 hour pointless set of games just to get it, bleh.

Ryze is... I dunno, I'm not sure why Riot are messing with him again, perhaps it's to get all his spells in line? As they're all different ranges or something weird like that so it makes getting a combo off pretty awkward - at least it does for me. Still, it feels like the lane changes will make him easier to shut down early before he can get a chance to farm up.

17. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Ryze is all about hitting the "Perfect combo". Being good at Ryze basically means you have good map awareness and can hit his combo (QWQEQ) and then know what to do after. In general it's back-off, because very few things will outrade your full combo. The trick is hitting your full combo. Also knowing when to ult, because it gives MS and AP, and should be up basically all the time.

18. Oz

Thanks. I love his burst but atm I'm shit with him, gonna play a few bot games I think. :3

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I thought the combo was w>e>q repeat.

20. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

For the most DPS, always try to reset your Q. Keep in mind you can use R to reset your timers too.

And I THINK you can use Archangels to count as a spell.

Not open for further replies.