1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 4.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 21, 2015.

1. kokiboki

kokiboki Squib

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Hoping for #CLGwin.

Don't choke now!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CLG TAKE MY FAITH ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 2-0!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  3. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Playing in NA right now if anyone wants to join, summoner name is tj howard!

4. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I hoped the series would go to 3-2, scrapping to the end.
    TSM just bent over in picks and bans. Juggermaw? Nautilus for Dyrus? What the fuck.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    The winning TSM Strategy was 'Ban fucking Viktor'. They failed.

6. Rah

Rah Death Eater

They wouldn't ban victor cause they were using two bans on DLift each game and they had a huge priority on Alistar (banning twice and first picking once). It obviously ddint work out but I can see the reasoning behind it.

So happy TSM lost though, Zion is such a stud. I'm literally in love

7. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Banning out DLift didn't work though. He still proceeded to wreck face with Tristana and Jinx (and to a lesser degree, Ashe).

You can't ban out LiftLift. His champion pool is too large. Target bans that don't actually heavily inhibit a player are worthless. The only champ they should have banned from him is Vayne. The other ban should have gone to Viktor.

It's really very basic logic. LiftLift has been around long enough to be basically immune to being shutdown by target bans. The coach should have known this. The fact that he didn't act on it just tells me he's fucking terrible at coaching.

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

We should start a petition. WalkingDisaster, King of Bronze, for TSM Coach.

9. Torric

Torric Third Year

Guys? Guys? GUYS!?

10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

CLG! CLG! CLG!

I love how very salty the TSM fans have been. I'm fully erect.

11. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

As someone who very much likes both TSM and CLG, I like the fact that CLG finally got a big win in NA, but I find myself intensely sad that TSM played so badly from Pick/Ban through the games. Really, I wanted a nice close series where both teams played their absolute best.

On the whole I found myself let down by the whole series.

12. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MY BOY POB DOIN WORK

Awesome to see CLG do well, hope TSM isn't too tilted from this sweep.

But even if they are, it'll be worth it for the memes we have gained today.

Only bad part is that either Impact or Piglet won't be able to go to Worlds now, so the SKT reunion is off the table. Oh well.

Honestly hoping for Gravity to come from behind and beat their way back in, but unlikely, they're more of a 1 game team than a BO5 team. Liquid looking like they'll make it.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Funniest thing of Freesm series was watching both sides make huge fails all the time (fail flashes, missed ultis, etc) and then hear the casters say that the players played 'flawlessly' and 'their absolute best'.

14. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    I note you didn't have anything of actual consequence to say in response. Do you dare actually contest my point, or are you just going to rely on Ad Hominem? Also, you're Silver 5. Not exactly a bunch of steps higher up the skill ladder. So maybe throwing stones about my ranking (or lack thereof) is just a tad bit hypocritical.

"Hey, lets take two champions away from an ADC main who is at least competent (at the Pro level) with half or more of the champions in his role!" Cause that's totally going to inhibit his effectiveness as you can tell by the series.

CLG came out and were hyper aggressive. Fighting TSM before TSM could build their momentum. It worked for them really well, I have to commend them for good strategies each game, even if their play wasn't flawless. The only thing I regret is that Hotshit actually has a trophy now. I've hated him since before season 3.

15. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    In defense to TSM's coach, perhaps the target bans weren't so much to inhibit Dlift, as to make sure that certain champions that could potentially be a threat to their playstyle are not an option.

Less a 'ban his best champions' and more 'ban the champions we'd rather not face'.

16. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Yea I can see that,

DoubleLift is really good and has a large champ pool but Kalista and vayne I feel like should be must bans. They definitly messed up on victor but I think their thinking was that their star player is Bjerg and they trusted him to shut down POB.

I think the biggest reason TSM lost in pick and bans is because of Zion with the Yasuo pick, they couldn't really stop him game 1 and they didn't want to waste a ban on him so they kept picking the champ to take him away from CLG, which meant that Bjerg had to play him because I don't think Dyrus plays him, which left victor open for POB in a relatively easy lane.

TLDR
    Zion is a a god

17. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    But with Dlift, they're the same thing. He's known best for his absolutely beastly plays on Vayne. I didn't pay enough attention to see who else they were banning out for him, but Vayne is the champion no-one wants to face him on AND his best champion at the same time. That's why I said the Vayne ban was legit.

Rah: The problem with that is that the first two games showed it didn't work. One game? Alright. Two games? Understandable. THREE IN A ROW? No. ESPECIALLY when they were only one game away from losing the series and Viktor was being an absolute MENACE. Kalista is dangerous and scary and has massive carry potential, but Viktor had already absolutely destroyed them twice in a row.

The second problem was Santorin. He was eminently useless. ESPECIALLY during the first game with Nid jungle. Nidalee didn't fit that comp at ALL. They needed another tanky member of the front line, not a squishy skillshot champ that's well known for being either Feast or Famine. The only time Santorin was landing a fair amount of his spears was at the very start of the game when they're not particularly dangerous.

18. kokiboki

kokiboki Squib

Hotshott was crying D:. Although TSM did bend over and spread their cheeks.

19. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Yea I agree with you. They needed to switch up their pick bans after game 2.

Made a mistake in my last post. They didn't ban vayne, they banned Kalista and Ashe in the first game because those two champs would make 2v2 even worse for the already inferior bot lane of the TSM. Kalista remained banned due to her laning power, trist was banned in the 2nd game cause of game 1. And I forgot the 2nd ADC ban in game 3 but Dlift just took Ashe.

Midlane is weird now where you either need Azir, Victor, or Lulu or none of them at all. TSM had chances to pick Victor before CLg grabbed him but I refer back to my Yasuo point on why they didn't, I think Bjerg and Tsm shoulda said FK it and gone with victor instead of Yas.

And santorins got so outclassed by Xmithie, Xmithie carried so hard on Ekko, he was the only reason CLg came out of that redside Blue Buff fight without major losses in game 3.

Overall everyone on CLG stepped up and outperformed TSM

20. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Bruh, it's like a twelve year old basketball player who sits on the bench every game saying that Phil Jackson is a terrible coach and that he would do a better job. There's really nothing more to be said.