1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 4.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 21, 2015.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm not all that excited about LB changes, since it looks like they're ditching her burst while forcing her to go melee for damage. Like a shittier Diana.

Also, I went from silver 4 to gold in a week, and am now 1 win into my promos to plat, so it's not impossible to reach gold in time for the end of the season.

2. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

2 with 60ish LP.

3. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm not happy about Talon changes.

They seem nice on paper, but after actually using him, he's a worse Irelia. Low range, slow combo, no real mobility without walls nearby, and hard to get out of a gank if you had to wall jump to get in.

His play style doesn't feel great right now unless he can kill a guy fast enough, but his entire kit doesn't really promote that kill speed any more.

4. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Tutorial, it's honestly just a matter of grinding it out.
    Looking at your match history, I assume you play Jungle/Top, which are definitely my off roles so I can't give you much advice there.

Honestly, it's just a matter of mastering 2-3 champs and grinding it out; play enough games like a brain dead chimp and eventually you'll end up in the tier you belong.

If you really want to improve your rank, then you've got to take the time and effort to improve your gameplay, which means using that think muscle. Look at your games, figure out how you lose, break your bad habits.

As for specific advice, buy pink wards. Not a single one placed or purchased in the games I was able to see.

Vision is crucial, and pinks both grant it and deny it from your opponent. It's also a greatly important part of the jungler's job, if only to cover your ass from invades and counter-ganks.

Buy one on your first/second back, drop it in a brush like tri or at an objective and forget about it for 10 minutes if you have to.

You're also dying a lot, so play safer and once again, ward up to cover your own ass.

Otherwise, play support like me and get freelo by being a better ward monkey/babysitter than the other chimp in bot lane.

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

6. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Honestly both top and jungle are so varied that you can do pretty much anything there, but it can be really hard to excel. I play em as my off role, Rammus and Rumble mostly.
    But yeah, as another adc main, I'm not looking forward to the league of assassins. My Jhin is going to get dumpstered, even with the new lethality stat. Thinking of picking up Ezrael or Lucian for them quick escapes.

7. Evan Tide

Why? The only assassin that got more kill power is Rengar. All the others got reductions in how hard and how fast they can hit.

You can make an argument for Kat's blade spam, but that requires her having to do more shit and doesn't allow her to freely do it to you constantly while standing on top of you.

8. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Heard several new items + lethality stat means assassins are a go again, especially against low mobility, squish adcs (like the ones i main). on top of that im not too sure about the changes to the fervor mastery, but i guess i'll see how that does in game.

9. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think the new assassin items are going to fuck over mages a lot harder than they'll fuck over adcs.

10. Evan Tide

Especially assassin mages. Like what. AD wrecking everything while mage assassins get fucked by their own items.

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Also, Assassins are only gaining 10 flat pen by 18 with a full pen build, if I remember the changes right. Youmuu's is still 20, Draktharr is 15 and where Maw lost its penetration, the new, and I would argue rather extraneous, AD/Mres item is 15 as well. Honestly kind of strange that Youmuu's didn't gain at least 5, when the 10 penetration items gained 5/50% to go to 15, but anyway.

Evan Tide, I would argue that Kha'Zix also seems to have possibly gained kill potential as well, albeit perhaps slightly less direct instant burst on his Q(cooldown refund on auto is still hefty!), with his passive changing to AD scaling, and the new ult evolution.

-----

Unsurprisingly to many here, I'm personally sad about the Akali changes. Supposedly they would be minor changes, as a stop-gap prior to her undated-yet-upcoming-soon-ish full VGU. Instead, noteworthy changes to her passive, W and R, two of them being majorly reworked, and a moderately irrelevant change to her E.

Initially it was sweeping nerfs across the board, aside from Q being unchanged, but they have thankfully dialed back on the changes such that it's just... still nerfs across the board, just less of them.

(1.)
    Passive is now both, less damage unless you only used to auto when triggering your Q once ever two seconds and change, and no longer modifies damage to towers, and is also less sustain in almost all situations aside from the exact triggering moment. That, and having the heal trigger first when entering combat is going to be pretty awkward at any point outside of laning phase when you can trigger the heal(even if at full health) on a minion, then jump to the target to trigger the damage hit. It makes surprise assassinations a bit tricky when your damage portion requires a second auto attack to trigger.
    While I feel sad for the loss of her modest 'hybrid' identity, at least their latest iteration added some AP scaling to the passive to somewhat simulate healing through dealing more damage(and also pushes people a bit away from the tank spec aberration by lowering the base level scaling value). Still worse healing than even the ~14% vamp she would get from ad scaling on her passive with just a gunblade + mastery, across hitting with multiple abilities, but it's something, I guess.

(2.)
    I preface this section by acknowledging that the buff to stealth via changes to pinks is certainly important, I just don't value it as worth nerfs to the scale they did across almost her entire kit.
    While some people seem to be weighing in on their appreciation of gaining a ground-targeted blink(250 range, to the edge of the shroud), that can wall jump without a target, or just generally act similar to a protobelt towards an enemy before ulting at a range they might not have expected, well... She already is known for her high mobility/stickiness against targets with escape moves, and losing the ability to spot-place her shroud for revealing, zoning or planning jukes in terrain ahead of you, in exchange for a short range blink and being forced to drop shroud at your current location, just doesn't feel right.
    At least they reverted the initial version of it that also made the duration scale 4->8 with levels, when Akali is already at her weakest anyway, making laning phase extra painful.

(3.)
    E change is mostly irrelevant, overall. Flat damage buff, with a shift to Bonus AD scaling instead of Total AD scaling, is actually almost exactly the same damage in that regard. Extra .1 AP scaling is nice, but only going to be about 30~75 damage overall, on an ability now with three times the cooldown in most fight situations(not that one should have been spamming it against champions much in the first place, but still).
    60% cooldown refund when it kills something let's it still serve the primary purpose of waveclear that it used to have, though.

(4.)
    This is where it really hurt. Her ultimate was changed from:
    100/175/250 +.5 damage, with 2/1.5/1 recast cooldown
    to
    50/100/150 +.25 damage, with 2 recast cooldown
    The initial version even also made the recast cooldown no longer affected by cdr(thus being potentially over three times the current potential cooldown), but they reverted that.

They did make it so you gain all three stacks upon first adding to the ult, which will have its uses, but with the damage cut in half, and that frequently being right about the time for your first back, as well as the likelihood of being at lower health than your lane opponent, it's value is still a bit questionable.

-----

Anyway, will the blink plus change to stealth be worth these changes? Maybe, although I doubt it since she's hardly in a powerful place right now, and they're even adding a new AD/Mres item to the game, while also boosting the Mres on Aegis/Locket(if I remember right), making both ADs and Tanks/Supports likely harder to kill. Leaving her to kill the... Mages, which she already did best against in many cases already, aside from an often miserable laning phase.
    But since AD assassins have a lot better tools to build against Mages while still doing damage, well...

Will I still probably do well with her, possibly even better? Sure, most likely. Adapt and overcome. Losing E triggering Q, and the Armor/Mres from W took some getting used to, but my scores averages stayed fairly stable.

Do I feel like this scale of changes were necessary prior to an already planned rework supposedly next year? Not at all, but I suppose it's what I'll be getting. Possibly with one final tweak before release.

12. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Hah welcome to my world. The Mordekaiser changes felt the exact same way. Playing the character the same way (or as best as possible) the difference ever ween last season and this one if a full division. Last season I ended in mid plat, and this season I will end in mid gold if I was trying.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

I dunno I was looking at some Kat PBE games and that shit looked scary. She basically gets free shunpos with her q and w, and her ult and passive remains mostly unchanged, which was most of her dmg anyways.

We'll see either way in preseason.

14. Evan Tide

I'd actually say the opposite since Khaz lost ratios across the board to make up for that CD refund.

His current burst pattern on an Isolated target is 380% Bonus AD (240% with isolated) and he has incredible sticking power in triple tapping his R.

His PBE form dials that back down to 285% at all times and decreases his in-combat mobility for out-of-combat jungle movement. He also loses his ability to range slow without evolving W and the triple R, which means he can't chase down an ADC and force them in to isolation as easily.

The CD refund doesn't really matter since he still has to do the auto -> Q weave, which the old CD for Q at max CDR worked just fine with anyways.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  15. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Just had my third game in a row of a crappy Lux support. Couldn't land the binds or ults, couldn't even land the slow so I could have something to proc Jhin's bind. And it's prolly just going to get worse once the new skins come out -.-

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Oh, mort. Just imagine how many more Lux's there will be once the new(admittedly pretty impressive) skin is released for her.

Both good and bad, in plentiful quantity. Mostly bad, due to gaming law, of course.

On the plus side, it may help in easing into the new Akali, I suppose. If nothing else, the changed W does improve her viability against skill shot champions in particular.

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have no idea why anyone would play Lux as a support when there are other, better champs available. She's alright, I suppose, but she's one of the better Mid laners if you're at all good with skill shots. Give her Rabadon's and Athene's and she's able to burst down pretty much any non-tank from miles away.

18. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Sometimes a guy just wants to fire some lazers. Is that such a crime?

Also, you really don't wanna be buying Athenes on her anymore. The mage item rework ruined that item :(

19. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't know, why would anyone want to play a mage with 2 ccs, an aoe shield and a global ultimate in a support role.... That's just crazy.

20. Ludwig

Ludwig Fourth Year

High Score:
    Not really Global ult, and only one hard CC. She's a less support-y Morgana.