1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Mar 18, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    1205 Elo now. Not sure why I suddenly got so much better, but in part it is because I started actively playing, I think, as opposed to just reacting. Learning to keep track of buff timers and the like, especially after you steal them multiple times, allows you to dominate enemy teams by not only winning a lane, but also hamstringing the enemy jungle. If you are top, you pretty much need to drop a ward at enemy red at low Elos and steal it.

2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Starting to think I'm going to avoid playing anytime Darius or Lux is on free rotation. Dear god the horror of terrible players... Add on top of that every Caitlyn I've seen today go no boots till 20+ mins and then complain at the team... Yeah.

I like the changes done to the cost of some of the champions mind you, and I kinda like the new skins, not that I particularly play Ziggs or Naut. PAX Sona is also pretty badass, one of the few skins I'd be tempted to actually ever buy at some point when she goes onto the store (heard it somewhere, a large part of me thinks it'll still just be codes). I really like the little graphics whenever she casts a spell or uses her powerchord to show the debuff/buff, I think it's one of those little touches that really adds to the skin.

3. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

My god there have been so many bad luxes today... I just had a game with this idiot who didn't know how to detonate her e...

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

So many bad support Lux's today, I don't get it. How can Lux even be played as a support if you can't even land her prison and slow? Why bother? It wouldn't be so bad if people didn't just blind lock Lux & not say a word, then they end up going support and getting smashed.

Thinking of adding Skarner to my jungle collection seeing as I'm 200 RP away from buying him and now there's a stupidly cheap RP option opened up, thoughts?

5. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Skarner is good. He is my main jungle. You have to be really mobile on him to do well, because he has a fast clear, so you will have time to gank lanes. You don't really have to build any damage on him but sheen, since with his Q it will be up all the time and his base damage is really high. Go philo HoG in jungle with mobility boots, maxing W and Q, with an emphasis on W. R level when possible, duh. E is leveled last since it is useless most of the time. You have to talk with your lanes though, otherwise you will never gank. Build the slow activation sword if you are ahead, and if you ever connect with a Q, they are pretty much dead. You have a lot of life to dive if you want to with support.

For 2 games I was 1200 elo, but now I'm back to 1150. When I signed off today I was 1174 or something. It was nice to be average. There is a huge difference in attitude from 1100s to 1200.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  6. Dreamweaver Mirar

I just played a hilarious aram- got lux, died once early, and bought my athene's, then never died again. Had 12000 gold at the end, 11 kills and 45 assists.

7. Dreamweaver Mirar

Got her again the next game... Died twice this time D:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  8. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

Skarner, though I enjoy him, suffers greatly from having either of his buffs stolen. Due to the need to spam his Q, he needs at the very least his first blue otherwise he gets really far behind the opposing jungler. Taking his red is almost worse, since his ganks are extremely difficult to pull off without it since he has to get in melee range and pull off 2 Qs to slow if he lacks red. Which against any competent laner is going to be extremely hard to pull off.

On the other hand, Skarner has high base damages, has an ungodly flash-R intiation, and become incredibly strong if he gets fed.

I guess I just prefer other jungles like Shyvana or Mundo personally. They feel a bit more stable to me and less High-risk/reward. Dr. Mundo in particular who is my own jungle of choice.

9. TSN

TSN Auror

wild, if your NA; east. itl probably will be good if we work togeter. since i'm stuck in tht elo range as well. I have week where it vary between 1276 and 1160

10. Wildfeather

High Score:
    I am NA East, I just didn't think you did ranked for some reason. I see you on all the time too. :(

http://www.twitch.tv/wildfeather/videos

This is my stream if you want to watch some of my past games to see my play style, or have any tips. Sometimes I commentate my games too, but generally only if I'm crushing or being crushed.

11. TSN

TSN Auror

Well I do play for an average of 3hour a day. ill whatch them later. I got stuff to ddo today. ill see you this evening.

12. Wildfeather

High Score:
    I should be on for at least 1 game tonight after 930 eastern.

TSN
  13. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Why don't we ever see Yorick in middle? He is such a huge bully and it is much harder to walk into a bush in middle, nevermind that a jungler may be there waiting for you.

14. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Yorick isn't seen in mid not because he's bad there, but rather he simply does not do great either. Even if the Yorick is good, and causes enemy mid to lose a few cs, many can start clear waves once level 5-7 appears. The impact of his strong poke/harass drops down a lot at that point, and it only gets worse from that point on. Since its mid lane, unless you have a very strong bursty jungler, it's difficult for Yorick to snowball at all.

And a Yorick that doesn't win/shut down enemy hard is a useless Yorick.

15. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've been rocking faces with AP ez for the last twenty four hours. No-one expects his incredible poke and mobility in mid. Not to mention just how fucking hard his ult his when you build AP. I've won nearly every match up I've come across so far, losing lane only once to AP-mid Diana (She's fucking scary mang).

His one major problem that I can see is that he is absolutely terrible at pushing/farming, and is very, very mana hungry. I have to go with mana regen yellows, mana talents in utility, and two dorans rings early to really solve my mana issues. If I don't then I can't spam spells like I need to to harass and keep up in farm unless someone wants to feed me blue.

Edited to remove the quote, since I didn't really address it. >.>

On another note, I ran into the oddest thing in mid today. AD Janna. It was actually funny how good that was. I suspect if I hadn't been a very mobile mid with good range, I'd have gotten my face wrecked. As it was she caught me off guard a few times.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  16. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

I don't really understand why you quoted my post, but yeah, AP Ezreal is fun. Burst is as high as any AP mids, and goes up when you get Lichbane.

On and another note, I've been playing AP Tryndamere mid, and it's super lolol fun :D

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  17. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

New League of Legends thread found here. This one was getting massive.

Not open for further replies.