1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Genius of Konoha by Mr. Riddler - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Zombie, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Title: Genius of Konoha
    Author: Mrriddler
    Rating: Mature
    Pairing: Naruto/??
    Chapters: 18
    Words: 155,549
    Updated: November 11, 2009
    Published: May 16, 2007
    Summary: AU. Naruto is able, driven and a true ninja genius. What will he accomplish? What will he fail to accomplish? An intelligent, genjutsu wielding, quasi-super-but-try-it, leader Naruto epic. Features strategy, realistic combat and subterfuge. **Naruto/?**

Just finished reading this. According to Syao, the Naruto in the story figures things out much too fast, and while I agree, it's still well written, and should keep you hooked.

Personal Rating: 4/5

Checked: June 7, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2012
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah.

It's decent enough to waste some time, but the Naruto in the story comes to conclusions he shouldn't be able too with the available information at the time, regardless whether he is a genius or not. He comes to the conclusions because the author wants him too and that's it. Gets really annoying.

Apart from logical thought processes, the rest is readable.

3. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

yeah no kidding its certainly readable, but the end gets a bit sad. Hopefully it this gets updated soon

4. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

It's a nice story, though it is a bit disconcerting to have Naruto be so unnaturally intelligent and able to jump to conclusions. The emotions of the characters seem to fluctuate wildly in certain situations and the writing is a bit choppy at points. Nice read regardless. Hoping for an update soon.
    4.5/5

5. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Is this the one where Sandaime dies and leaves the alter-ego Naruto as the hero instead of actual Naruto?

6. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Indeed it is. Namikaze Genji is his alias.

7. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Yeah, remember reading it and enjoying the setup but feeling like the execution fell flat.

8. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I think it does lack a bit in that area, but I don't think it's enough to keep someone from reading and enjoying this story.

9. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

What was the deal with Tayuya and Kin?

They're lesbians for no reason and Tayuya is a Rock ninja?

It didn't really make sense for me.

10. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

If I remember the response to a review I got from the author... He likes Tayuya and would have made the story Tayuya/Naruto were that possible for the "plot". So he demoted her to "Naruto's Rival". I guess that makes her a rock nin.

It's been so long since I read the story, I can't really say. Just don't take it too srsly.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

That tends to be where authors run into trouble, when they let their personal preferences for characters influence what they write. Of course, we're probably all guilty of it at least once in a while. God knows I have been...

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well shit, Naruto and Tayuya are related... possibly.

13. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    If it turns out to be true, Genji's reaction will be priceless.

Damn, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter now...

14. Aekiel

High Score:
    I have yet to see any story where Naruto would kill his own kin for the good of Konoha. If mrriddler does that he will become my hero in Naruto fanfiction.

15. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

I always hated the idea of Naruto's brother or sister somehow magically appearing.
    Naruto couldn't have a younger sibling so it is always either a twin or an older brother/sister.
    Somehow, I just cant picture that a child of Hokage would be thrown out or left somewhere and nobody would know about it.
    There is just no logic in that.

This plot twist just killed any good mood after I saw that this story was updated.

16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Well there is always the idea that Kushina had another child with another man after the Yondaime sacrificed himself. I've yet to see it happen,but Naruto having a half-sibling could make sense. Especially if Kushina was unable to stay in Konoha after the Kyuubi attack, for whatever reason.

17. Apothem

Apothem Third Year

Tayuya, the younger sibling? Does she really look like she's younger than twelve?

18. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    ...well, figures. I spent so much f-ing time planning out the nuances of the first 8k words, back checking for consistencies etc... and of course no one pays attention to em given the last 500 or so words. Pfft :p Duh, how could I've not thought of that...eh...

I really should say something about the supposed speculative relationship between Naruto and Tayuya since it appears to be taking a life of its own... but I think it'll end up serving my purposes very well so I'll just let it run. ^.^

edit: Ok, I should really address two issues, which might be particularly important.

1. There seems to be a lot of assumption that Jiraiya's all that inclined to share information like this. The question worth asking is... is he really?

2. Ksai jumped to his conclusions a bit fast but he can't really be faulted since I designed the scene to provoke. One thing to note is that characters in my story are not omni-present, not Naruto, Jiraiya or even Orochimaru (he has really no idea about Naruto or Genji right now which is good for Konoha). They don't know everything that the reader does. So even *IF* the fourth had a child outside of Konoha, the people of Konoha or its leaders might not necessarily know about it.

3. I actually have 2 or 3 wildly diverging plans for this thing whole affair right now and which one I pick will depend on a lot things including - believe it or not - whether new canon info might be forthcoming. I got completely screwed over by Kishi's take on Itachi (which is why I basically killed all references to him) so I want to be semi-prepared in case something bad happens.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009
  19. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

I'm betting on possible relative, maybe cousin, but not sister.

I get the feeling that the Aburame know that Genji=Naruto; by the way, do the kikai bugs, and by extension the Aburame who controls them, 'remember' chakra that they devour?

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    As with many things like this the clues are much easier to put together with hindsight. Once I started thinking about both Naruto and Tayuya after this chapter it did make sense and I caught a couple of hints that I had previously overlooked.

Well I suppose, though if the truth were to come out at a later date Naruto would be pretty damn pissed at him for withholding that information, especially since Tayuya would be dead by that point. Add in that it is almost inevitable that it would come out because otherwise it's just extraneous information that serves no point in the grand scheme of things.

Fair point, though the way you said it implies that Tayuya is not the daughter of Kushina, which is what I had been thinking. Admittedly when you take their base personalities into consideration rather than superficial appearances it would seem that they are related through the Fourth...

Kishi's take on Itachi literally came out of nowhere so you can happily ignore it in favour of your own storyline, if you want.