1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Getting Out or Dying Trying & Inquiring Minds by C. Night - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Inquiring Minds
    Author: C. Night
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 44,847
    Updated: May 15, 2005
    Published: May 29, 2004

Summary: No one ever said being Harry Potter’s girlfriend was going to be easy, but after 7 months at it one sly Slytherin thought she’d mastered it... that was until she was forced to explain their relationship to the inquiring minds of the Order.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1884275/1/

Checked by Minion, Nov. 17, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This stories been around for awhile but for some reason I cant get into it. After about a chapter I just get really bored and leave. I dunno. One day i'll have to read the whole thing and its sequal.

3. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Is there a reason why Blaise would let Harry die by Obliviating herself just to spite the Order when she supposedly loves him?

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I dont know... I havent read them yet, lol.

5. Quack

Quack Second Year

Haven't read this in a while, but from what I can remeber it remains my favourite for the Harry/Blaise interactions. Or was it her other story? xD

Anyway, this is likely going to be discontinued. >_> It doesn't get very far before she stopped, but still worth the read.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

It was OK fic. Yes, a bit slow at times, but just when it started gaining momentum, it ended up abandoded. Shame.

7. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Interaction? Far as I remember Harry's not even technically in this part of the story...he's 'dead.' Interesting idea for how slytherin Blaise played out, but I got the impression that it was a bit surreal and weird, which is also what you get if you read Inquiring Minds' pre-quel where Harry goes through a barrage of weird tests in a haunted house or what not...

8. Quack

Quack Second Year

Yes, Harry's 'dead'. They go through Blaise's memories of them being together. =P Like I said, the story didn't get very far, so alot of it is Blaise trying to manipulate Harry into being a lab rat. *shrugs* Something like that. xD

9. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It's a pretty good story, but it was abandoned. I don't think Harry was dead though, they just said that to get her to open up. Something like that, I haven't read it in a while.

10. Silke

Silke Second Year

Harry's in St.Mungos. He got hit by an unknown spell and in order to identify the spell they have to go through all or not all but well most of Blaise memories of Harry.

She wouldn't really have obliviated herself, it was just to show the Order that they couldn't control her.

This is the sequel! :p

Prequel: Getting Out or Dying Trying

Uhh yeah, i've read this story like 100times and it's at the top of my list.
    She is REALLY slow on updates so i'm still hoping she won't discontinue it.

11. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

well doesn't her profile say that she's abandoned the realm of fanfiction writing to concentrate on original fiction writing?

despise loathing good-but-abandoned stories...she's got a pretty good reason if she's really working on her own original work.

12. Silke

Silke Second Year

We'll see i guess.

13. ikaina

ikaina First Year

Title: Getting Out or Dying Trying
    Author: C.Night
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Mystery
    DLP Category: Independent or The Alternate's
    Pairing: Harry/fem!Blaise
    Summary: I, Harry Potter, am trapped. But by who: Voldemort or Dumbledore? I wish I knew the answer to that. Now I am just putting my magical skills to use and fighting to get back to Hogwarts, because this is a battle I win or... I die. Post OotP.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1654335/1/

The first time I read it, I thought it was great and original story. The second time my impression was still good, however, I noticed quite a few grammar/spelling errors, so I recommend it mostly to those who can put up with it in favour of interesting plot and characterization.

Basically Harry wakes up in a cell under attack of dementors and the story goes from there...It's written in a first person perspective which can be irritating but in my opinion makes this fic somehow unique(after all it's not done THAT often).
    Now the only problem I have with Harry in this fic is that he didn't AK the bastards after finding out what they did, but then I have the same problem with Harry from OotP and HBP. I suppose that the fact that a fic can make you somehow mad but you still like it, is not a bad thing.

4,5/5 – it is Harry/fem!Blaise after all :]

This fic has a sequel but unfortunately it's most likely abandoned.

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, I read this a long time ago. As far as I remember, it was a well written in-canon action story, with H/Blaise romance in the background.

There's a sequel too, but it was abandoned when the author decided to go pro (not sure what - if anything - came out of it).

Let's say, 4.3/5 (from memory)

15. Lightning89

Lightning89 First Year

I did read this a long time ago. It was certainly interesting, but I really didn't like the ending. On the other hand the powers and the pairing was executed nicely. Not my type of story but good.

3.5/4

16. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

One of my favorite stories i've read some time long ago...I think this is where my obsession started with Harry/fem!Blaise started. I wonder....

Anyway i give it a 5/5 for an exciting and fun read. It's worth to read but it really is too bad it was abandoned.

17. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

THREAD MERGED.

The sequel's been in the library forever here.

As for my opinion? Enh... it's well written. But between the two stories it never felt like much happened. Big bonus points for one of the oldest Harry/Fem!Blaise fics I can remember.

4/5 but I don't really care to re-read it. So take that for what you will.

18. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    I just tried to read Inquirying Minds, but I could not get into past the first chapter in a half. Something about the style perhaps... or how everyone is pissed over a teenager relationship that they did not know about and did not approve. Like a bunch of unrelated, big-headed adults have any say in the affairs of two kids who love each other.

The story of my life.

19. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    Oh yeah, 2/5 IMO.

20. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

an old story that died out, it is not like i care. 2/5