1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Go Quietly Into That Winter's Night - Vash The Unholy - M

Discussion in 'Dresden Files' started by Jon, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

LOL.. yeaaa... that WAS a lame pun. As for the duel... yeah... more of Winter's power will be shown. I'm trying to work out some kind of interesting idea to involve Mab and the Red King in the Aftermath of it but I dunno yet...

As for Susan... its because he loved her, duuh. He never really gave up on looking, just because he became Winter's Knight. It just didnt translate so well in my latest meanderings. >_>

Dresden IS prone to fire/wind evocation. But Winter's power have kicked his A-Game off a bit, so he's still adjusting.

And it probably sounded that way because it probably was that way. >_>

I'm at this very moment planning up a way to diverge and such. Cassius or someone showing up early in the Garage to pwnt Dresden or ... Vincent. >_>

No Spoilers as to why he'd pwnt Dresden... Is important for later. :eek:

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I'm really liking this.

Truth be told, I've only read up to Summers Knights in the series (finished it last night) and read chapters 1-6 of this last night also.

I popped open Death Masks for the first time ten minutes ago, and thought I had started reading the first chapter of it because it and chapter 6 of This fic are so similar XD. Just realized it about 10 seconds ago when I got a little farther in >_>.

Anyway, loving the direction taken with this fanfiction. Very interesting.

3. pnub

pnub First Year

I just finished reading the story, and I think that it’s an interesting twist to the cannon storyline. I'm very interested to see how the rest of Death Masks unfolds with hopefully a more ruthless Harry. The aspect of the story that has me most excited is how the White council will react to Harry being the Winter Knight. I want to see the Merlins face when he realises if he moves against Harry he is moving against the Three Queens of Winter as well as the entire winter court.

It does bring up an interesting question for the conclusion of Death Masks, and Lasciel's coin. I wonder if Harry can combine the powers of the Fallen with his own developing power as the Winter Knight. Although I'm not sure Mab would stand for having her knight influenced by Lasciel not to mention on the possible combination of Hell fire and winter power.

I can't wait to see where exactly this story ends up, and just how Harry's new status as the Winter Knight will effect the rest of the cannon story line the possibilities for epicness are endless. I can’t wait to see the Harry’s encounters with Cowl, Mavra and especially Lara.

4. Antivash

Yeah... I put a lot of effort into working that out, actually. But, unless I suddenly decide to change my plans, it won't come for a long time. Dead Beat-era, actually.

I'm still working out theories on this, actually. I've got a few ideas, some I'm most certainly going to use, and some I won't. Lasciel, however, will most certainly make an appearance soon. Before the end of Winter's Night, actually.

Although, at this point, Harry may be a bit less of what canon Dresden was, he still isn't far enough along the path that he's going to fuck himself by hooking up with Lasciel. Lasciel will leave with Winter's Night, and most likely stay gone till a while after the White Council finds out killing Dresden for what I have planned will equal buttrape.

FUN!

As for Mab... Maybe... Maybe not. We will see. :)
    Most of canon will be fairly similar in that the MAIN parts are gonna be there. Nicodemus, though it'll be slightly different in WN. Cowl, Corpsetaker, and ...other dude. I'm loving my current plans for Erlking.

Although, I'm tossing PG right out the window, and having serious consideration for doing the same for White Night. :/ God I hate White Night.

5. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Hey Vash, great characterizations and great story here, I look forward to seeing the effects that Harry being the Winter Knight has on canon.

Excellent start, Vash, nuhuh, and Seratin, along with whoever else contributed! Hope it isn't abandoned or anything.

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

ROFL! I think you mean Surrarrin, aka Jon. ;)

7. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yeah, that's the one!

Thanks, Oz, knew it started with S.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And I think you mean Surarrin :p.

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

All bow before SURARRIN the GOD of AWESOME.

10. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Vash, baby, it's just like reading Butcher but better since I know you won't hold back on the good stuff. I'm really wondering what you have planned with the Knight aspect of his powers and how much of a role Harry will actually play in the Nevernever.

So get your 'puter fixed baby and grace us with some more excellence.

Pure undiluted win.

11. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

I'll get right on it. *sigh* As if I don't have my own stories to write.

/ninja

12. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

You will? I mean, really really? Does that mean moar Harry/Maeve? *starts crying for happiness*

13. Antivash

*joins.*

Also; I should have my computer fixed by Monday night. >_> Unless I can dig up the cash tonight and get parts ordered then. Friday at earliest then.

14. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just read this. 'Tis cool, but you have a tendency to make the Sidhe speak like Yoda.

Also we're getting a very limited viewpoint of what's occurring...just the odd snapshot of a scene, without seeing the bigger picture of how things are progressing, though I suppose that'll change in the long run, especially as we have now apparently left the opening and are onto the main fic.

Anyway, good story.

15. Antivash

I do have that tendency. >_> What is supposed to come off as mysterious and suspenseful with a hint of seductive danger, really comes off as... Yoda. >_>

As for the snapshot scenes... well... Iunno... It is first person. I know Dresden can pay attention to whats going on around him really well, but I've always been of the opinion first person is the characters eyes and what he sees.

When you've got people shooting at you, you tend to get tunnel vision, I would think, and would have a much narrower focus.

But I will take all of this into account as I write further.

16. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For sound reason I found that absolutely fucking hilarious.

My review:

I like it a lot so far, as you know, so far my only complaint is that there is very little original material in quite a few of the scenes. Of course that is more than expected for what the fic is and where it is going.

I have to admit to really liking the initiation ceremony where Dresden becomes the winter knight, the amount of detail you put into it is really nice. I loved the characterization of Mab and especially liked the descriptions of what she looked like.

I look forward to seeing a more changed Dresden tbh. As much as I love the chauvinistic!Dresden who can do some really stupid shit, i'd love to see Harry not completely changed, but being a bit more selfish. Looking out for himself more.

Write more dammit vash. Its been long enough already. Finish 4 gogo!

17. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Eleven different kinds of epic win. Started reading this out of frustration that my copy of Dead Beat hasn't shown up in the mail yet and WN through SF showed up a week ago... fucking Canada Post. Loved the whole thing, the tone is fantastic and the Omakes gave an interesting snapshot into the general charlie foxtrot that Dresden managed to land himself in beyond the actual chapters (which were also fantastic). Mab is fantastic, 'nuff said.