1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good quality Harry/Ginny or Harry/Hermione

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Cas, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Ok so, after watching most of the Harry Potter films on sky today, it's got me in the mood for reading again.

So, looking for any good quality Harry/Ginny or Harry/Hermione stories. Preferably complete or still updating, and with good storylines.

Also, after watching the wedding scene in Deathly Hallows part one, it got me thinking if there are any fics that show Voldemort taking over the Ministry of Magic and killing Scrimgeour?

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Well, if you can't think of any stories like that, you should try checking the forum (this very sub-forum even) for similar threads. Here's a few similar story searches that I found in about 5 minutes:

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=27848
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=26640
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=24892
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=27987
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=29253
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=25040

If you've already read all of those, then next time perhaps mention that. It has a dual purpose - one, it provides a passive recommendation for anyone that clicks. Two, it lets us know what you've already read so we don't recommend it again.

That said, for Harry/Ginny... Backwards with Purpose comes to mind, as does Abraxan's stories (Refiner's Fire?). The latter had too much romance for me.

I think Voldemort took over the Ministry in Stranger in an Unholy Land, but I can't remember for sure.

3. Chadrew

Chadrew Second Year

I rather enjoyed Harry Potter and the Last Horcrux. It's Harry/Hermione, quite a good story I think, although it doesn't look like it got much attention on this forum.

4. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Ye I've hardly read any Harry/Hermione or Harry/Ginny fics CheddarTrek. I mainly stick to Harry/Fleur or Harry/Daphne.

Well, thanks for the links anyway.

Cheers Chadrew I'll give it a read.

So, does anyone know of any stories showing Voldemort taking over the ministry?

5. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Like Ched said, Stranger in Unholy Land.

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Thorny Rose trilogy by Brennus (HP/GW)

Cas
  7. Stan

Stan Order Member

Most well known Harry/Ginny stories are mentioned in the other thread. Some other good ones:

The Unforgiving Minute: Well known Time Travel story. Harry is a bit too super-y for my tastes, but it works reasonably well within the story.

Curse Breakers: The Maya: Ginny is a curse breaker in Egypt. Explores the magic of Curse Breaking and the ancient Mayan Civilization.

Phantom Limb: Unique story, unique writing style and unique characterization of Harry. It takes a while to get into the story, but once you do that it's great.

Counting To Five Thousand: Short tragedy, written pre-DH. Harry gives in to Ginny's demands to take her on the Horcrux hunt. Everything goes to hell.

After the End: Post War fic written pre-OOTP, so OOC Ginny. Long and exceedingly well written.

The Changeling: Ginny is sorted to Slytherin. One of my favorite fics. Not Harry/Ginny, but the sequel will be.

Five Times Ginny Weasley Fucked Harry Potter: Written pre-DH. It is what it is.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Cas
  8. Joe's Nemesis

Joe's Nemesis High Score: 2,058 ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    For Harry/Ginny, I've always enjoyed TheElderWand1's writings. He has a universe of short and medium-long stories.

The first oneshot is back in school, and is focused on Ron and Hermione: More Skill than Luck.

The next story, Stop All the Clocks, doesn't seem to fit when you first read it, but trust me, it does. Think of it as a prequel, just read the following if you end up confused
    it's happeing in an alternate universe, but becomes important later on.

From there, it goes to a couple quick oneshots: Hermoine's Wand and Journey of a Thousand Miles

Following that is The Battle of the Pitch and The Adventures of Reckless Git and Danger Ponce.

Best Laid Plans introduces the next story, The Proposal, but they're posted now as one story.

Following those is The Tipping Point, which then introduces the conclusion to the storyline, Children's Crusade.

The Gift
    is a followup that ties up some loose ends for Harry.

He has other stories that are funny one-offs from the storyline, but those are the heart of it. (And, I believe, the order. I can't say for sure, anymore).

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Cas
  9. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Cheers all for the recommendations. Got some reading to catch up with now lol.