1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Good X-Box 360 games with 4 player campaign

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mage, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

So, anyone have any suggestions? My roomates and I have been looking for a game with a 4 player story mode for a while, and unfortunatley we haven't been able to find one. Any suggestions are much appreciated

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I'd say Halo 3, but some people tend to not like that game...

I'm a total fanboy for that one though.

3. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Left for Dead is not too bad, but you need 2 xboxs with system link or XBL for 4 players campaign.

Either that or go for Halo3.

4. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

Halo 3 is alright, and i'll take the hit for this one, but, World at War isn't THAT horrible if you have friends to play with though.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

<_<

Obligatory "get a PS3"

But no, if you want a party game, I'd recommend getting Rock Band 2. Or you could get Street Fighter IV and do a small tournament with your 3 buddies or someshit. That game is awesome.

MellowYellow: Really? You can't play with four controllers on one 360 with L4D? That's fucking lame.

But I can't really think of any 360 games that have four players other than shooting games. Halo 3, Call of Duty: World at War, etc etc.

But if you want a real 4 player experience: get Rock Band 2.

6. Mage

We might have too get Rock Band, but damned thing is expensive. Halo 3 only has a 2 player campaign mode if you have 1 Xbox, and same is true for Left for Dead. What good 4 player games are there for PS3 Sree? I actually have one just didn't bring it to college.

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

o_o

Lol, more than the 360, the PS3 doesn't focus on multiplayer games. But I'd recommend LittleBigPlanet. You can play that with 4 players, and it's fucking fun. Platforming while purposely knocking your friends over and punching them. XD

You could probably find Rock Band 2 used somewhere. I know my cousin got RB1 + RB2 plus 4 instruments (one old GH guitar, one RB1 guitar, one mic, and one RB1 drumset) for like 70 or 80 bucks on Craig's List.

8. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

Left 4 Dead.
    Halo 3 is okay but Halo was never about gameplay and more about shouting at your friends at how much they suck.
    Call of Duty 5. Not sure if this is on the same Xbox.
    Gears 2 has split screen for 2 people but if you don't mind it, you can play Horde which is up to 5 people co-op.

If you don't mind buying Arcade games, there are a lot of 4 player arcade games.

Small Arms is a Smash Brothers rip off of sorts.
    Castle Crashers is meant to be good.
    Aegis Wing is free and actually decent.
    I think Geometry Wars 2 has 4 player co-op but you might want to make sure.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

9. Mage

Do Guitar Hero guitars work for Rock Band? I had no idea they could. And yes, the reason that the PS3 isn't at school with me is it doesn't seem to have many multiplayer games that aren't also out there for 360.

Halo 3 only has 2 person campaign. Left for Dead is only 2 people per an X-Box. CoD is only 2 person campaign I'm pretty sure. Gears is 2 person as well, though I don't know what the 5 Player Horde thing is. We actually have all these except for GoW, however we're looking for 4 player campaign. Failing that something such as Rockband where all 4 people can go through the game together works. As for the others you suggested, I'll take a look since I've never heard of them.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  10. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    5 Player Horde is all you will need seriously most fun you can have with a console.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Wait wait. The 360 can handle 5 controllers at a time? Belra: is the co-op online?

And elvin, yes, GH guitars do work with Rock Band. MS and Sony made them play nice with each other.

12. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    You're right actually I've only ever played with 4 but their is probably and extension for another controller or an online option to add another over the net.

13. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I don't know. I've only ever played it on System Link and XBL. Never bothered to try it with more.

And yes, the co-op is online and offline.

14. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Go old school.

For less than the cost of a decent 360 game you could pick up Goldeneye and an N64.

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Lol. Don't get me wrong, I used to play Goldeneye all the freaking time with my buddies, but that game is impossible to play now. The one analog stick will fuck you up real bad. It's so much harder to play with then two analog sticks. I'd recommend not getting that. :p

I mean, if you want to play with more than 2 people, elvin, the Wii would be the way to go. I hate that system, but that is the one system which focuses more on multiplayer play on one console than the other two systems.

16. Mage

Yeah we have a wii as well, but we got tired of it pretty quickly. Sports games and Super Smash can only go so far unfortunately.

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I played Goldeneye a while back and nearly punched the screen in frustration for how bad it was. Time tends to make you more fonder of certain things, lol.

Castle crashers for 360 is cheap and fun, rock band 2, used is fine, or grab Rb1, you can get it now for like 100$ new with game/1 guitar/mic/drums and then just rent Rb2, but I'd recommend buying Rb2, then paying the 5$ to import all RB1 songs into Rb2 instead.

18. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I never really got peoples obsession with those music games, Rb and Guitar Hero. Seems more of a novelty to me that I would grow tired of pretty quick, that said I haven't actually tried either so what do I know :p

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Lol no. It takes a while to get up to the hardest difficulty on either the guitar, bass, or drums. The fun part is getting there. And it's satisfying as hell when you can hit all the notes.

20. Evran

Evran Dark Lord Grimwulf DLP Supporter

Man, get a N64 and get goldeneye, can't go wrong lol. Just kidding, is ther a Gauntlet out for 360?