1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham - Draw (Demon Mayor Wins)

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vesvius, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

You miss my point again Fiat. I wasn't bashing Irene, I was just stating the obvious. She admitted so herself that she was in the wrong. But some people seem to be under the impression that it was just "Irene being Irene x 10 lol". I was just pointing out why that's bad for the game.

2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

She admitted herself that she was in the wrong because she was banned and knows that people are mad at her and she feels bad about how Vesvius' game turned out - regardless of the fact that the way this game turned out is on Vesvius' head for fixing the roles into a position that led to Zeit's complete fucking breakdown. She was definitively not in the wrong and insisting that she was is just fucking retarded. She played better than you. She played better than everyone. Somehow this is a bad thing. So, I reiterate: go fuck yourself.

3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

White Knight harder Fiat. And take a look at what you're saying. Let me break it down for you.

So you're saying that she only admitted she was in the wrong because other people were mad at her and she felt bad? This implies that she herself thought what she did was right. I'm not sure that's the case but I guess you can wait on Irene's reply for that one.

Yes Vesvius fixed the roles, and yes it was a horrible thing to do but don't kid yourself, this game ended up as it is because of the people in it. Everyone should be prepared for any role. If Ves hadn't revealed his meddlings, hell, you could argue that for all intents and purposes, it was random.

And I wasn't even in this game, so I don't know how she played better than me. I cannot be bothered trying to explain why, objectively speaking, how playing like she did is not 'good' or 'better than everyone'. How stupid are you? But yeah, she's cool isn't she? Her eyes are really something eh Fiat? ;)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  4. Fiat

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen on the internet. Ever. Because it's coming from you.
    I don't think it really matters whether she feels what she did was wrong or not. I don't think it was and my opinion is my fucking opinion. Your opinion is that by predicting all the roles, and, essentially doing what Fen did in Warlocks, she did something wrong. I think this opinion is pretty fucking retarded because when Fen did it no one had any problems with it.
    Except for the part where he put people who have a lot of problems with eachother directly against eachother. And where you could tell how likely shit like this happening was going to be from behavior in the last game.
    She predicted every role. Every fucking role. I'd say that, objectively, that's playing better than you.
    Once again, laughing at any accusation of whiteknighting coming from you.

5. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

I mean, is it just me? All I see is you blabbering. I don't think there's any point in arguing anymore. If you're not getting it when it's so obvious...Or am I simply too stupid to follow your arguments?

Yes, that must be it.

6. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Basically, if Irene was a townie, would anyone have had any problem with what she did?

No?

/argument

Also, if scum are being that obvious, I don't see why Irene shouldn't be able to say whatever she wants.

7. Fiat

Pretty sure it's a fundamental difference in beliefs here. To you, it's obvious that Irene was in the wrong for figuring out every fucking role and then revealing her information when it became clear that her faction was going to lose. To me, it's obvious what she did is no different from what Fen did as Warlock or what I would have ended up doing as Mother of Dragons if I'd known I was dying when I did.

8. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

tbh I really don't get why people go angry/apeshit/crazy over what other people on the internet says and that too in a forum game. :facepalm

I really don't mind Irene figuring out the roles and posting it. That's the fucking point of the game.

Also,I am the Martian Manhunter

9. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

I love you klackerz.

That said, both of you stop arguing.

dhulli: I didn't break any game rules. That should tell you my opinion on it. But it doesn't matter who's at fault at this point. Game's over. Let it go.

Fiat: Really, stop arguing with dhulli. It'll affect your IQ.

10. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

...but...she wasn't a townie?

Wow Kai, I thought you had more sense than Fiat. It seems like I'll have to explain myself. I really didn't want to spell myself out.

My whole point was playing to lose is bad for the game and for yourself and is a horrible playing style. She used all the powers granted to her by her role and all the powers of the people in her faction to deduce shit. And then she basically laid it all out and eff'd up her or the other factions' chance of winning. Why do you think these games have an uninformed town? Her doing so messed up the whole game dynamic. Oh bravo, give her a medal for deducing the roles. What's the point of these games anyways if you're gonna play to lose?

Irene: I know it's not against the rules. It's just bad sportsmanship and negatively affects the game. I don't know if you guys are being deliberately obtuse about it or what, I honestly don't get it.

11. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I see dhulli's point. But considering Fen, I would say the problem is precedent. If Fen wasn't bugged, then yeah.

That is all.

12. Fiat

So...Fen's revelation of all of the scum in Warlocks 1 was also bad sportsmanship and broke the game?

I am, not for the first time, glad you chose to get yourself lynched early in that game.

13. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Fen was the warlock. He was playing to win. That is all.

14. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

dhulli, you honestly think I wasn't playing to win?

My reveal not only drew all attention to everyone else, but it also shrouded kalas quite a bit. I was hoping most NKs will be directed at town power roles (Which I revealed to everyone, if you remember) or towards me. Or if I survive, I get lynche the next day, Kalas still got to kill town.

Now which part of that was 'playing to lose'? I was burning myself to death, but that doesn't mean I stopped playing for my faction. Did I even once mentioned/hinted at Kalas? If I had totally given up, wouldn't I have?

Stop being retarded and let this thread die. Vesvius is sad enough as it is.

15. KaiDASH

They started it, Irene finished it.

I have a few things to say about pretty different things so this will be kinda disjointed.

Lungs, Krogan, Silens trio were obvious as fuck anyway and should have been extremely obvious to everyone in the game (if they were actually thinking about it). Those other people she picked out were just Irene gonna Irene so yeah.

As for 'playing to lose' and etc - Non-Endgame Kingmaking is a thing when you have multiple factions that actually have access to info - So, while a serial killer like the Joker is almost never going to kingmake outside of the end game, player(s) with info can definitely do so. It's part of the game, and in this one it was compounded by the obviousness of the opposing scum team.

16. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Edit: Nevermind. Let this thread die.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  17. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

For the record; No one hates Fen for warlock. We all managed to deduce he was warlock over the course of a few days. If anything I dislike the people who role dropped in WH and started the massive clusterfuck.

18. KaiDASH

If silens wasn't lynched after roleclaiming (and instead someone who was confirmed witch by santi was) I think town could have won from there.

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Demon Mayor is gonna Demon Mayor, bro.

Can't stop it. :awesome

20. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No matter what anyone says, i will forever believe that Irene won this game. :|