1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Growth of a Shinobi by Nuebus - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Moloch, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

2. Xenon

Xenon Professor

3. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Just updated now. Hope you like it.

Stupid word limit; I just wanted to type 'Updated.' and then post.

EDIT: Note to self, never sit in the same position for four hours. My leg's gone numb.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  4. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

I love the new chapter. Is this heading towards Naru/Ino?

5. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

I'd have to ask that question too, but if it is, I don't really have any problems with it.

I like the chapter as well (interesting fact that Naruto can't do fire elemented moves), keep up the good work.

6. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Alright as a heads-up, I've already begun the next chapter and its about 1000 words now. What my current predicament is, is my lack of ability with Japanese names.

What I currently need is Five Male Japanese names and Three female; they should all sound like Mist names as an example if you could.

Eg. Momochi = Never Cut Twice

Also, for anyone who has a lot of time on their hands, may I help with proofreading my chapters and such? think that's called a beta.

7. Nenagh24

Nenagh24 Second Year

South, but not too South. Umm... ¿yo hablo español
    I'll proof read if you like, I wouldn't mind. As for some Japanese names... I'd have to get back to you with that. I'm not really proficient in it, but one of my siblings just got back from school over there, do you mind if I ask around first?

8. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Mhm.. Interesting chapter to say the least. I am still a bit curious on what exactly Naruto's goals are but whatever.

If you still need a Beta, I'm usually around if needed.

as for Japanese names? I know a place to get first names, but no clue to create last names. I tend to wing it myself :p

9. Xenon

Xenon Professor

/sigh

just search google damn it. things like"japanese naming list" and "japanese name generator" and you'll get something.

10. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Love the new chapter, especially with the entrance of the Mizukage. Can n ot wait for that confrontation!

11. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

12. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

just read the new chapter. liked it for the most part though some things bothered me a bit:
    a) the amount of oc's that there are now and will follow after he arrives in kirigakura...but i know it's inevitable for a story like yours with a whole new village an such 'sigh'. anyway, i hope you still manage to keep the numbers in check.
    b) the justification why people in kirigakura are cool with jinchuurikis around them. i know i'm a bit stingy here as it isn't a major point but it still left me wondering:
    "The people of Konoha are unlike the people of Kirigakure as they are sheltered from what Shinobi truly do and as such, will fear something which they see as a true danger, a Demon Vessel."
    i mean kirigakure actually hunted down it's bloodlines cause they feared them and saw them as a great danger. so why not the same fear concerning jinchuurikis?

yeah...well other than that it was a good read :)

13. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Damnit, forgot about that. >_<

Uhh, I'll hvae an explanation for that as well in the next chaoter...

*thinks furiously*

14. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Pretty good chapter Nuebus. I actually like your OC's, they are pretty good. Then again, my fic is similiar to yours were I had to use OC's mostly so I'm probably biased.

15. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

It's probably a bit late to answer, but I think I read somewhere that jutsu are generally stronger if they have Suiton, Raiton, Katon, etc. preceding the names, and a jutsu's power is increased if the name is spoken as it's used. As for one-handed seals, I don't think it's a general bloodline limit thing, 'cause Haku is the only one in the series who has ever done it. I think it's just extremely hard to do in the heat of battle. If you can make the seals with both hands, then try them with one hand. You'd need some pretty flexible fingers and hands.