1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

Hallo

Discussion in 'Introduction Archives [Closed]' started by Relic, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Relic

Relic High Inquisitor

Hallo. My name is Relic - didn't really put much into the name it's just a short word which I usually choose as my username.

I was referred to this site by my foster brother who has an account with your site as well, though I don't think many of you would know him as he works a lot and doesn't really post much.

I started reading fanfiction, wow like 3 years ago, on a site that I don't remember anymore that came up in a google search. My favorite fic is By The Diving Light by Enembee, some others are Renegade Cause, Wastelands of Time, and the Denarian series (though the last one I didn't like as much as the other two).

As far as my preferences in the fic - well my main requirement is good writing, simple things like showing and not telling, good three dimensional characters stuff like that. I don't like to define a piece of work by it's pairing as I think focusing on that is the wrong way about of choosing something to read (unless of course it's Harry/Umbridge or something like that). That said, Tonks is probably my favorite character, other than Harry, so I might prefer that pairing. Even though the only good Harry/Tonks I've read is Renegade Cause.

I don't mind slash in theory but I have never run into a well written one, though I suppose I haven't really looked too hard. The only type of fic that I really don't like is evil!Harry as I think that the point of his character is that he wants to do the right thing. You can make him with Tonks instead of Ginny, you can make him gay, you can make him wake up in some jedi universe, but in my opinion you cannot make him evil.

As far as other reading my favorite authors are Vonnegut and Orwell with 1984 and Slaughterhouse Five being my favorite books.

About me: Well, I live in NY most of the time, though I'm in NJ right now. I am 18 years old and live with my older foster brother (his username is Perfection) from a while back who got me on here. I screwed up High School so right now I'm working hard to get into a good college while working as a waiter.

Cheers!

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Well at least you read the books your high school made you read. Expand your horizons and read God Bless You Dr. Kevorkian and Shooting an Elephant.

3. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like this guy. c: Welcome OP.

4. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

You seem decent enough, and I like your username, for some odd reason. (Probably because of its simplicity).

Welcome.