1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hannibal Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Koalas, Aug 9, 2015.

1. blab

blab Second Year

I play, therefore Rubicon is town. Just so you know.

Snowvon is obviously town, since scum!Snow would never dare to engage m-wait a minute.

Did you really do this, Snowvon? Did you really think so little of me?. Did you really think that I would think that you would never repeat something that I have townread you for in a previous game on purpose because you would not get townread for again, and so townread you for it anyway because you would rather avoid being so blatant if that would be the thrust of your post? Did you really think that would be enough?

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ooh it started!

Orange is definitely the best color.

Vote: Blab

I'm sure Blab will appreciate engaging me right from the get-go.

---------- Post automerged at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

I know you are a ninja Blab, but the question is, are ninjas scum?

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jan, how active is active? At which point do you begin suspecting someone of trying too hard?

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

To answer Scotts question :
    Well active is him being busy working and still checking back several times in a short period of time because he is hyped.

I expect everyone to try hard as either allignment. Why join a game if you dont want to win.

There is no specific point where someone starts being active, strongly depends on the flow of the game.

The difference is, in the last game he had 3 posts within the first 10 pages (~20 hours of that game).
    This game he has 5 posts in under 5 hours. He had the same working excuse last time and doesnt use it this time.

That being said, my slight townread for him coming out early in a good mood with a good level of activity is exactly that, slight.

Scott - why did you think it was important to mention right in your first game that you are new at playing mafia?

Pretty sure blab is the cop with a green on Rubicon. Nothing to see here - move along.

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Now, Jan, don't go tattling on other people. It's rude.

Also, am I the only one who does not like Blab's post on Snow? It feels so artificial and just does not sit right with me.

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Uh. First off, why in the name of Juhabach would you come out and say this at the beginning of D1? Are you trying to get a Cop!Blab killed toNight?

Secondly. Cop doesn't give a check until Night.

Lynch Vote Jan

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Zenzao always one to take a bait. Gotta love that guy.
    I am obviously trying to push a bit of cop on him, so scum don't kill me tonight and i can come out tomorrow with a redcheck on you. duh!

We both know cop doesnt get a check n0, so why would u believe my comment is in any world allignment indicative and not just reaction checking ppl who might not know? (there are at least 2 newish players in this game and we dont know if scum has daychat)

I do agree with fluffs (can i call you fluff? :p) comment on blabs post, at least with parts of it.
    It feels 100% artifical, but in such an obvious on the nose way that it is not allignment indicative anymore.

I dont think anyone should read any real content in blabs post there.
    If such a thing is blabs mafia play it might be indicative. As someone who hasnt played with him, it is nothing. him being funny with a over the top post.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Or he's giving the real cop cover. Shh.

It's not uncommon for a cop to get a N0 green check.

I don't have a read on Scott one way or another yet, but I'll just point out that I did the same thing last game when I was in that situation. Seems like a pretty common impulse.

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

How do you guys know that?

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hi guys
    You all seem pretty town so far. I'll check in later.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Newcomb:
    You made it clear that it is your first game and want to learn. And asked stuff right away because u wanted to learn.

For him just that single post is not so much being about that and more hey i am new if i am stupid here is my excuse.

Also dont answer for other people if there is no need to do it. I know you mean well but his reaction would be more important to me than yours. (forgot the name of the rule)

11. Newcomb

Damn, Rubicon. I dunno what it is about the way you post, but like every single one of them makes me think you're smirking at me from wolfchat.

Rubicon

Worked last time?

Also, Von: my spirit animal Waco Kid keeps yelling at me to vote for you, but I kinda think you're town this game.

Also:

2 wolves / 1 3P
    3 wolves
    3 wolves / 1 3P

Anything else would be really wonky, yeah? I have zero experience with game balance, but does this track for other people?

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Good point. I think those guys last game called it a Garcia? I wasn't quite answering for him, I was just giving a perspective on what I did in a similar place, but yeah, point well taken.

12. Rubicon

I get that a lot.

4 scum in 12p would surprise me a lot.

---------- Post automerged at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Newcomb, thoughts on blab's post? You commented on Zenzao and Jan, but not blab directly.

13. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jan, I wanted to let other players know that I'm new so that they are forewarned if I ask something about game mechanics in order to play better and not do something stupid. For example, what does RSV stand for?

And yeah, mentioning it was an impulse, pretty much.

I'm not yet sure if I should read something into Jan engaging me for a second time in a row. Stating my status as a new player seemed rather unobtrusive to me... Maybe he sees me as easy prey.

I've got my eye on you, mate.

14. Newcomb

I read blab's post like twice, came away with "this seems super meta and I don't understand it," and left with the sinking feeling that he might be the Titus of this game.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

RVS is "Random Voting Stage", where some people randomly throw votes around hoping to generate reactions from others.

16. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

The number of mafia/3rd party will obviously depend on the relative power levels of the two factions. To me at least, as someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable about game balance, 3 anti-town (assuming no SK) sounds most plausible (allowing for 2 mislynches before LYLO).

I feel it's actually the other way around - it's pretty rare to have a cop with a N0 check in a closed game. Either way I'd definitely like to echo your question to Jan about "knowing" the cop doesn't get a N0 check.

As an aside, is there a way to turn off the fact that the forum seems to auto-remove any quotes within a post you want to quote? It makes it a bit difficult to multi-chain quotes.

17. Rubicon

I think blab is more likely to call me town right away when he's mafia. I know he phrased it as a joking reference to the sign-up thread, but still.

18. Newcomb

I'd still like an answer to the cop thing... Jan, Zenzao, why are you guys convinced cop doesn't have a N0 check? Or that there even is a full cop and not like a parity cop? Or that there is definitely a cop in this game?

Hm, was unaware of that. Actually now that I think about it all the games I've read through except 1 were open setups.

I think the point stands, though - they're both talking about things like they have more information than I do, and I'd like to know why.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

3 scum and only 2 mislynches till LYLO? Is there something you know about the scum roles that you would like to share with the class?

20. Rubicon

Who is most likely to have inside knowledge about the cop? Not scum, surely. So why are you asking this?