1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Happily Ever After by Jeconais - Teens - Gabrielle

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by bornagainpenguin, May 25, 2008.

1. Akuma-san

Akuma-san First Year

I got shivers from the last chapter. Then I realized I just had to take a shit.

Saying a story is going to be a fairy tale can only help so much. I skipped a lot of that last chapter just because I could not take it. I felt my teeth rotting out reading it. The whole thing was over the top and just plane idiotic.

2/5

2. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

This story is just fluff. It's well written fluff written with good fun. Jeconais meant to write this as a feel-good-story. It's differently one of the better one in that category.

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Seriously... people are still reading this story? When I couldn't finish chapter three due to the horror of it, I have yet to return to it...

4. Durden's Wrath

Durden's Wrath Second Year

Yeah, the whole flying castle, and "fairy tale" tests of worth. I vomited in my mouth a little.

5. Machiavelli Jr

Machiavelli Jr Squib

It's stupid, it's fluffy, it's vaguely cheering on a miserable day. There are worse things than that.

6. Cy Block

Cy Block Second Year

Everybody who thought that this was unreadable is right. I really tried—repeatedly—and I don’t even know why. How can you empathise with this Harry? He’s got everything and had to give up next to nothing. No effort required to bag the hottest girl of them all? Knowledge without learning. That’s just disgusting. I didn’t make it past chapter two.

7. Padfoot85

Padfoot85 Sixth Year

I wonder if anyone realized this about Jeconis

He has this ability to completely abandon his plot lines and just go in a different direction during the final chapters of his stories. I dunno if he's emulating JKR...but whatever.

Another one of his stories that does this is This Means War. A fic that while funny in the beginning with the MMails and the signatures, became unbearable as he focused on the Harry/Ginslut story.

He does the same thing with HEA. The story started out as Harry waking up from a coma and dealing with the surroundings. And that's what most of it followed. Then for the last two chapters it became all about Gabbi and her mental situation and the fairy tale. Completely abandoning Harry's quests for world changing and all of his scheming. There was a passing reference in the epilogue and that was it. I was shocked that he set up all these ideas for anarchy and change and didn't even follow through, in favor of that stupid fairy tale and Gabbi's situation. If anyone can appreciate that story, I'm going to call shenanigans.

8. illusionist_of_fate

illusionist_of_fate Squib

This story is stupid fluff, and as far as stupid fluff goes, it's very well done stupid fluff. 4.5 of 5 on the stupid fluff scale.

Overall, since generally stupid fluff is not always desirable, I'd give it between 3.5 and 4, of 5; a little more or a little less depending on the mood of the moment.