1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Fleur Community

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Also makes me think...

What if Dumbledore placed a permanent love potion in Harry so he would ACT in love and since he wouldn't chase Ginny's tail, would prove to him he was in control and capable of choosing who he loved?

*Boggle*

Another possible way for Harry/ Fleur interaction is a possible arranged marriage between Harry and Fleur, enacted when Harry was 1?

Which would be a reason Fleur was entered, to meet her future husband.

*Plots deeds most evil*

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  2. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

ha ha, I like it bravo.

3. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

*Smug grin*

Could also have a magical bonding. Say, if it was Fleur and Harry that were transported to the GY in GoF, Voldy sees the volatile nature and binds them together through a blood ritual.

Hell, you could go major AU and have Harry and Fleur grow up in a muggle orphanage!

*Grins*

4. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

Not so much into the major AU idea, but Graveyard nice touch, I have a nice idea myself for my story Powers that be which have yet to get around to post on Ficwad so it only is on FF.net, but it suffice to say it involves Harry's apparent immunity to Fleur's Veela charm.

5. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Is it Harry/ Fleur pairing, or just a general noship?

I'd say his immunity to veela charm could merge with my idea concerning Voldemort's asexuality. That and like an immune system. First time he succumbs, second time he's immune.

6. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

I don't know at the moment what I'll do, quite frankly, ships not my forte at writing.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

No offense, but this topic has mostly turned into a discussion between Aerin and Helltanz98, for the past few pages...

I'm about to start on "The Secret Diary of Fluer Delacour, aged 16 3/4", as it's been commented on several times as being at least above halfway decent. I already ready Bio's "A Very Long Engagement", or at least what exists of it so far, and am intrigued by it so far, and recommend it to those in this thrad who have yet to read it.

I've seen several interesting story possibilities, and since I can't afford to do any writing at this time, I'm looking forward to those that choose to pick up the ideas, and work with them... That is to say, work with them well, of course.

Lastly, since we haven't seen any new additions of 'found' Harry/Fleur stories, how about at least a preview, or link to previews, of some of the challenge stories that Methene, Malaga, and the others planned on working on?(Didn't feel like listing all the names, or at least, going back to see all the names that were working on it.)

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Scorpion's Sting was mildly decent for the fluff, but the prequel is just awful in terms of writing.

We appreciate the bumps, but use the PM system Aerin + Helltanz, makes it easier to locate the more loaded posts.

9. Methene

Methene Auror

Since Christmas vacation has sadly drawn to a close, I have returned to jolly old england and will get the creative gears working yet again. Will get a preview soon...

As a second note, Happy New Year for all of you.

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

From Scorpion's Sting:
    That's pretty darn fluffy:?, but I can let it go, I suppose. Anyway, a belated "Happy New Year" to everyone here as well.
    Also, perspicacity, I've been busy with several other things, but I'll get on reading those 35k words of your story that you sent me. Speaking of which, how is everyone else's stories coming along? those that are competing that is.

11. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I'm definitely looking forward to what will come of the challenge.

I enjoyed Diary 16 3/4, but the sequal was meh for me.

Oh, and someone suggested that Harry and Fleur be engaged via arranged marriage from age one. Unfortunately, it's already been done, or something similar. Ugh. I liked the plot bunny of Harry and Fleur growing up together in an orphanage, but how would one even explain it?

12. Methene

Methene Auror

Harry and Fleur growing up in an orphanage could be arranged through the brutal murder of the Dursleys and the death of all of the Delacours. However, there are several problems with the scenario.

First, Fleur is in France, while Harry is in jolly old England. This could be solved by having Harry move to France, perhaps as a safety measure against attacks by Death Eater remnants.

Second, I don't know if Dumbledore would stand for Harry to grow outside his sphere of influence. Simply ignoring the matter would not do, since it gives a weak scenario. A solution must be found, perhaps with Dumbledore manipulated from the outside.

Third, the age difference would come to play. If we assume the minimum age for Fleur to be 17 at the time of the Tournament, with Harry being 14, the age difference would be huge at the orphanage. As has been stated before, if Harry is 24 and Fleur 27, the age difference is moot. If Harry is 1 and Fleur is 4, it is highly unlikely they would speak, or play doctor.

13. Marine_Rupert

Marine_Rupert Squib

For Dumbledore, just have him as a "good" Dumbledore. He finds Harry at this new orphanage after the attack, and seeing Harry having a good time there, decides to make new wards for the orphanage and leave him there. "Good" Dumbledore isn't interested in seeing Harry suffer, just see him be protected. Which can be done at the orphanage as well as anywhere because Harry has no other relatives. The author could then choose if Dumbledore puts surveillance with the wards. Don't know how to fix the other points though.

14. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I've been outlining a H/Fleur fic for about a week now with it AU'ing in the Third Task of the TWT. Instead of Cedric beating Harry to the cup Fleur is there. It's just to set up a reason for Fleur looking upon Harry as more than a 'Leetle Boy' since she'll witness the whole scene at the graveyard.

Trying to stay in canon as much as possible here.

Then later, post-DH, (Bill and Fleur never happened or Bill actually gets killed in HBP) the magical world is revealed to Muggles on CNN or Fox, something that just can't be obliviated away from the whole world.

This is where a brief war (maybe two months) takes place which the Wizards lose. Harry and Fleur hook up in the aftermath: maybe during some sort of mandatory registration as Wizards are integrated into Muggle society.

This is all just the set up for the actual story itself.

Any ideas or is this just so far AU that it's gone silly?

15. Methene

Methene Auror

While I dislike the notion of wizards losing to filthy muggles, the story is intriguing.

Several points I would like to add, though:

1. Instead of making Harry and Fleur be slaves to Muggles, involve them in the resistance. Wizards are not easy to beat or kill, and places such as the Forbidden Forest are natural resistance strongholds. Have them meet there and work toghether towards achieving independence.

2. Having Bill alive could prove for an interesting plot twist, if you choose to let him live and Fleur is his former girlfriend. Having him captured and forgotten, Harry/Fleur happens, Bill is found again. Trouble ensues, but there is a darker reason. Perhaps Bill is a traitor, perhaps he has been brainwashed, perhaps he dies again. Having Bill alive would prove a challenge and could lead to interesting plot twists.

3. One problem I see with this is the relatively large distance of time between the TriWizard Tournament and the Wizard-Muggle war. Are you going to fill it with Harry's ascension to full powers, with snippets of Fleur's life, or are you going to pull a "10 years later, trouble was stirring..."

4. It would draw great interest, in my opinion at least, if you were to expand and detail on the Wizard-Muggle war. Even if you want the filthy little creatures to win, still show some major confrontations, with victories on both sides. Please don't make it a wizard bashing story, since it puts off the wizard fans, myself included.

Lastly, welcome to the Harry/Fleur Community, and the MOST important thing to remember:

Post a link when your story is up.

Success.

16. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I didn't mean it to sound like I was having them be slaves. More like intigrated citizens that are marked somehow as Wizards. So they wind up being treated as different; feared by some, hailed by others, etc. they would have a purpose in society.

I like aspects of this, thanks!

This is what I am sifting through at the moment. Def. not the '10 years later' but I may go AU into the summers between each year instead until after DH. Fleur and Harry would interact during the summers getting to know one another better, I think.

I plan to go into detail with the war, or at least their parts in it rather. It won't be Wizard bashing at all. Maybe for the Malfoys a little bashing is in order, heh. But it will be interesting all the same.

Thanks! This thread is what made me want to join up. I've always want to write a H/F story, but the accent is what kept me away. I've become a better writer (IMO) since, and think I could handle it without sounding like a firstie.

17. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

If nothing else, TinnTam could more than likely help you with this, being a Frenchie herself.

18. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

This is true to an extent.

However, it could be solved say...

By the Delacour's visiting england and killed by Death-Eaters and Fleur sent to an orphanage, as well as the Dursley's being murdered. As for old Bumbles...

Essentially, the treatment between the Dursleys and an Orphanage would categorically be the same in that orphans stayed there.

Then at 11, Fleur get's her Beauxbonts letter and is forced to leave.

They meet up in Tri-Wiz Tourney, except now with hormones steam-rolling common-sense.

Just my own view.

Granted, you might need to rewrite the first 3 book's to take into account Harry's changed status of living in an orphanage and constantly missing Fleur but...

*Shrugs*

As for the age difference, Fleur could look after Harry like a big sister.

Cos you know what they say. Incest is best.

*Grins*

Regards
    Aerin

19. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

why bother with the whole 'dark wizards killed their legal guardians' bit? Dursley was trying to get home faster, Lost control of his vehicular, and slammed into the Delecour's Limo. Harry and Fluer saved themselves instinctively with accidental magic, and everyone else got killed in the ensuing Fireball.

Edit: Gabby of course was busy accidentally enthralling the police which is why the other two slipped through the cracks. :p

20. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It seems to me that if Harry and Fleur knew eachother before hand, and were more than friendly (not as in romantically linked, but held a bond forged through the tough childhood of an orphanage) and they kept in touch with eachother over the years, that the ensuing plot (from GoF up) could have an interesting backstory to it.

Perhaps Fleur has been sent back to the orphanage each summer (ala Tom Riddle) and Harry, through his relationship with his Veela friend, is aware of the Magical world and his own magical capabilties. There's not much to say that he can learn wandless magic (as that would be more than cliche) but it would do well towards making Harry come into Hogwarts with his eyes open. Also, a friendly rivalry between the two could keep his head into his studies, producing a possible Ravenclaw or Slytherin!Harry.

On Fleur's end, once she finds out about the oncoming Tri-Wizard Tournament to be taking place at Hogwarts, she wants nothing more than to participate and come face to face with Harry. Once Harry is cast into the role of fourth champion, their friendly rivalry could push them to do their very best.

I don't know much about the rest of this thread, as I haven't really been perusing it, but Methene's, and then Aerin's, comments sparked interest in that particular scenario.