1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Gabrielle

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by BsuperB, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

What was the title of the fic? And since you had helped him with it, could you not take it over?

2. My.pie

My.pie First Year

I'm don't know if i should be reviving this thread but there is this one very well done fic with these two. It's a very old fic dated back in 05' and it was never finished. Now i'm itching for more...

Joindre
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2414176/1/Joindre

Best damn harry/Gabrielle fic i ever read.

3. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Made for on okay read, didn't mind the spelling so much, but I am not a big fan of post-Hollow HP.

Also not a big fan of runway models. Though that make sense for a Veela to be a model, but she could barely control her aura around HP back in the borrow, so I am not sure she is cut out for it.

4. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

The story could use a beta, and the conflict seems a little forced, and Harry's pretty lame in it, but it's overall readable, even if it will never be updated again 3/5.

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  5. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

Well, Hope is the only readable Harry/Gabrielle i have found. The rest of them all suck kind of hard.

6. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

7. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

I liked that one, personally I find it better than Hope, but that is probably because I really really hate Post-hollow HP, and older Gabrielle, it ruins the whole lolicon in a non-sexual way fetish.

8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

You... uh...

What?

9. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Yeah what I said above is certainly an oxymoron, too embarasing to even explain, err basically I don't like Post hollow Gabrielle when she is older, it is hard to determine what an 11-12 year old girl is gong to be like when she is older, they make them too OC.

I am actually surprised no one used Gabrielle from Book 7, she is like 11-13 or something during Book 7 isn't she?

Also most people marry someone 2-5 years younger than them don't they? Well men at least do, so why is this pairing so wrong?

10. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Retarded post is retarded. Picture a 17-year-old boy. Now picture a 11-year-old girl. See how it's wrong ?

Stuff like that is supposed to gross you out, not give you a fucking hard-on.

As far as I'm concerned, Gabrielle shouldn't be paired with Harry until she's at least 16.

11. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

You do know however that a couple centuries back 12-13 years-old girls getting married were not so unusual right? Granted, it was mostly done for political reasons but still.

And in matters of human preservation(post-nuclear war scenario) I dont think they will get much chance to wait for a few years to start making some babies.

Of course, I'm just arguing for the hell of it.

12. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Indulge me for a small, tiny, minute introductory rant. It's not very interesting. Skip it. Well, not ZeroTheDestroyer, but everyone else is advised to skip it.

"Post hollow"? Twice?

Hallows. Note the a. Note the s. Note the capital H. You could even note the "Deathly" preceding it. Or you could just say "post-DH". Easy, short, concise, understandable, and even correct.

Ahem.

Gabrielle is 8 in Gof, DH takes place three years after GoF, therefore in DH Gabrielle is three years older. And 8 + 3 = 11.

Gabrielle is 11. Not 11-13, 11. Period.

Some men might marry women younger than themselves, and a 6 year gap isn't much noticeable -- beyond a certain age. There is a huge gap -- scratch that, there's a fucking precipice -- between an 11 year old and a 17 year old. Without even mentioning the fact that, at 11, the majority of girls haven't had their first period yet and look more like children than adolescents.

See my point?

Secondly, you can't have an OOC Gabrielle for a very simple reason: Gabrielle doesn't have much of a character in canon. She's basically up to the author's interpretation or imagination. All we know is that she's very excited by her sister's wedding (woah, shocking) that she's not very shy when travelling in foreign countries with her family, even though she stays close to Fleur (woah, totally original) and that she bats her eyes to Harry (woah, astonishing from a girl who was saved at 8 by one of the most famous wizards in existence).

I smell typical eleven-year-old girl.

EDIT: damnit. Beaten to it. Twice.

EDIT2: NightSpy: Yes, true. So if you made Harry and Gabrielle go back a few centuries with a kickass Time Turner, it'd work. It'd still reek of crappy premise as a stupid pretext to put them together, but it would have a certain logic to it. A tiny shred of logic.

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  13. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

It's also still happening in some parts of the world. Doesn't mean I want to read smut of it.

Also, Tinn : I felt the controlled rage from across the screen. Poor retard.

14. psihary

psihary Groundskeeper

... I've got a polar bear for a neighbour...
    @ ZeroTheDestroyer - you seriously should have kept your thought to yourself... you've got some serious issue there if you'd read romance with a small child in it rather than a grown up version.

Off the topic - where does it say in the books that Gabriel is 8 year old? A quick go through the 4th book, and I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere. Of course I might have missed it O_0

Although my memories of when I read the series are that she is indeed at that age at the time of the tournament. But I still couldn't find it where it is said so.

edit: ok, I found the passage where Harry sees the "hostages" for the second task and thinks to himself that the girl with silver hair looks no older than eight. But still beside that part, is it stated anywhere else her exact age or is it open for slight change to fit some plot bunny, though certainly not featuring any bed activities while she still looks like the child she is O_0

15. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Can't be fucked to fetch my GoF copy now.

16. Tinn Tam

I also think she's said to be 11 in DH.

17. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

@psihary, calm down, you clearly were not following the past few posts and just decided to post for the hell of it, you don't do yourself any favors doing that. I'll let that go, if you got a problem send me a PM or something, don't be a fucken Troll.

Anyway like I said before I would prefer to read a non romantic, non-sexual Harry x Gabrielle. Start out as friends, then move forward from there.

@JWH, interesting so the exact posting was she looked no more than 8, meaning that that she could be somewhere between the age of 7-10, give or take a few years, I am going to see what age she is supposed to be in Book 7, it might give some hints, but I am pretty sure she was 13 in Book 7, I'll see if I can find the line.

Plus if she was able to use her Aura in book 7 on HP, then it means she must have at least hit puberty by that point.

18. Tinn Tam

I am going to kill you.

Just thought I'd let you know.

"Use her Aura"? By that melodramatic, meaningless, Star-Warzy word, do you mean her 'magical charm'? Where did you ever see her use her magical charm on Harry? All she ever did was smile and bat her lashes as far as I know.

And no. Even if she had used her magical charm, it doesn't mean she must have hit puberty. It's a fandom supposition. It makes sense, but it's only an interpretation.

EDIT: also,

19. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Did you know a couple centuries back we lived in our own shit and died in droves of diseases like the Whooping Cough?

20. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I don't think there's a single character in that fic that stays in character. Unfortunately, what it lacks in proper characterisation it more than makes up in cliches.