1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry in a historical setting

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Peter North, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

As the title suggests I'm looking for a fic where Harry ends up in a historical setting. I just read "A Wizard From Earth" which has Harry in ancient Egypt. But I'm looking for a Harry Potter crossover where Harry ends up in a place that isn't governed by a fantasy story. Is this supposed to be a Harry/Original fiction or is there a good fic out there under a different category.

2. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

There's one or two decent HP crossovers with Sherlock Holmes out there, which places Harry in the 19th century. This is probably the best of the bunch, but IIRC Harry is at Hogwarts most of the time so the 'historical' aspect of the story doesn't have a big role.

Other than that nothing really comes to mind. Good luck finding some - I'd also be interested to read. I enjoyed Wizard from Earth, though it did start to drag for me after a while.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hm. I was reminded the other day of Grinning Lizard's Harry Potter and the Assassin's Creed, which is a pretty amazing historical setting. Last I checked the XO aspect remained mostly to the time period.

4. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Sadly abandoned :'(

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yet still fantastic nevertheless. Anyone know what happened to Grinning Lizard?

6. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If you're looking for pics with Harry Potter displaced into ancient times, there's both A Long Journey Home, 170k long and featuring a female Harry, and Voldemort's Last Spell, in which a baby Harry is sent back into prehistoric time and basically single-handedly starts the Homo Sapiens Sapiens species and has his fingers in all the historical happenings, including X-Men. Sadly not updated since 2008.

7. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

The Study in Magic isn't actually historical, a digital watch was mentioned as was an airplane flight.

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Ah, my bad. I remembered it wrong then. I thought that it took place in the past, but I suppose everything was just moved up to the future. Odd, but I'll take your word for it since it's been years since I read it.