1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Johnson and the Headmaster's Socks by Doghead Thirteen - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by bornagainpenguin, Apr 12, 2007.

1. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Title: Harry Johnson and the Headmaster's Socks
    Author: Doghead Thirteen
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi
    DLP Category: Humor/Parody or The Alternate's
    Pairing: Harry/Hermione
    Chapters: 23
    Words: 157,825
    Updated: August 17, 2007
    Published: February 16, 2007

Summary: Started off as 'What if Hogwarts was a college' and diverged. Set in the same universe as the Biker Half rewrite. Features liberal quantities of crossover and new characters. Beware, contains superhuman crazy Harry.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3397550/1/

H--okayyyy.....

Where do I start? Basically if you followed Ranma ½ at any point in the past on the RAAC you've probably already heard of Doghead Thirteen and his series 'Biker One Half' which put the Ranma ½ series into a blender, add werewolves and Scottish bikers (for no apparent reason) and put the whole thing on purree. If you haven't and are a Ranma ½ fan I highly recommend you give it a shot. It's a sick story that'll have you rolling at its unintentional gaffes and on the edge of your seat wanting to know what he'll pull next....

Now imagine him giving that same treatment to the Harry Potter series...

Now Add back Ranma ½...

Then stir in the X-men, Warhammer, Sailor Moon, and Ah My Goddess...

Now sprinkle some Star Wars, Transformers and a bit of :hbp
    involving a universe that allows for megacrossovers and an ongoing war between bad and worse ...opps wait, not THAT half baked plot...

Are you beginning to get a feel for the insanity yet? But wait there's more, if you start reading now, we can add in a HEUG disclaimer that takes up half the fic on the first chapter, (more of a prologue than anything else...)

LOL...I've only read the first chapter and I'm raring for more because this guy is so sick he always manages to make whatever series he tackles seem new for awhile, so I'm eager to get back to it--I just had to tell you about it first!

--bornagainpenguin

Sequels:

Title: Harry Johnson and the Lunatic Scientist
    Chapters: 12
    Words: 111,177
    Updated: August 3, 2009
    Published: September 5, 2007
    Summary: Fits between Headmaster's Socks and Deathtrap Girl. It's summer 1997, Harry's got a job to do, the Blink Dog is in for a Hell of a ride, and Hermione's about to get a look at what life as an interstellar mercenary is really all about...
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3769195/1/Harry-Johnson-and-the-Lunatic-Scientist

Title: Harry Johnson and the Deathtrap Girl
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 82,497
    Updated: October 14, 2011
    Published: July 5, 2009
    Summary: Sequel to Headmaster's Socks. As Harry and Hermione enter the next stage of the relationship, it's time for them to enter their second term at the Collegium. But there's something rotten in the bowels of Hogwarts, and Ginny Weasely is in big trouble...
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5192964/1/Harry-Johnson-and-the-Deathtrap-Girl

Checked by Minion, February 9, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  2. The Silent Knight

The Silent Knight Seventh Year

My God, this guy is out of his mind. I love it. It's great. Completely mad. I wish I was a mad, hippie, stoner biker.

3. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

This must be one of those stories you have to 'just get', cause I don't.

2/5

4. Wasteland

Wasteland Second Year

I'm so with that. For the people that get this, it might be a good story. For me, a person that just doesn't get it, it still wasn't bad. I just probably missed half the main points of the story thats all. 2.5/5

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  5. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I have just found this story now, and it's actually an interesting crack-fic. The author doesn't give a damn about reviews, and just writes for fun. It shows.

The negatives: Abused Harry. Friends with Hermione and (Sort of) Ron. What-the-fuck crossovers. Sith Harry. Super harry. HP universe fucked up beyond recognition. Lots of technobabble. Lots of OCs.
    The positives: What-the-fuck crossovers. Psychotically insane Harry. He kills people. Dursley abuse makes sense. Complete. Good Grammar/Spelling. Original plot.

It's worth a read if you have nothing else to read.

And using Lavender as a sex-toy I haven't really seen before.

6. [KS18]Raziel44

[KS18]Raziel44 Card Captored and buttsecksed

i umm don't get the story... but lavender as a sex toy is cool hahaha

7. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

I have no idea wth this is all about, but this really doesn't belong in the Trash Bin.

4/5

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I agree. I've never read half the stories that is crossed over with this, but it's fun.

I don't actually think that there is anything not crossed with this. If I don't see something mentioned, I still assume that it is in there and just doesn't get any air time.

4/5

9. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

It's very well written for so many crossovers. It's very humorous. I liked it. 4/5 for me.

Edit: I felt like editing this. I'm around chapter 10 at the moment. I really like the story, despite it being with so many crossovers. And the chapters are pretty long, and very well written. I haven't noticed any spelling mistakes either. Of course, it also has apostrophe's up the wazoo, more than you can count. In any case, I change my rating from a 4 to a 4.7. It has long chapters (which I really like stories having). Good find, definitely should be in the library, in my honest opinion, although other people are going to think differently.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  10. chelanxar

chelanxar Squib

hillarious! 6/5

11. HSRTG

HSRTG First Year

If you can roll with the insanity, then this fic is good. Otherwise, it's not good. What I like is that the guy is plainly writing for fun, and doesn't let simple things like "continuity" or "reader reviews" get in the way of whatever he wants to do.

4/5 for me, but most people would probably give it 2/5.

12. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

In all honesty, I am now addicted. It's hilarious and well written, the author cracks me up, and I like how Harry is NOT the most powerful being in the universe--its a welcome change.

5/5

13. Erisah

Erisah First Year

I recently discovered Doghead's stuff, and I have to say, the levels of enjoyment I get out of it are ridiculous. It's a badass Super!Independent!Sociopathic!Gun-wielding!Assassin!Sith!manwhore!Harry... who is by no means the most powerful being in his universe, and in fact spends about half of his time trying to fix epic fuck-ups that other people have perpetuated and paid him to fix... this is not a Harry who does a lot out of the goodness of his twisted heart, and goddamn if he doesn't work. Add to this that I don't think I've read a better executed crossover universe, and I have to give this a solid 5/5.

14. Immie

Immie First Year

Wow. I never thought I'd see a fanfic that had both HP and Artemis Fowl. This is better than crack

15. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

okay, i honestly missed this stuff even if i read something by Doghead Thirteen a while ago.
    Now i can understand why some people say this is shit, but honestly if you enjoy the way he writes parody (and that is strictly a matter of taste) you'll get at least an evening full of laughs out of this.

If you don't enjoy over the top parodies then stay far away because this will have you foaming at the mouth :p

16. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

I can see how it would be popular, it follows the wildly popular method of loading the protagonist with endless things the author sees as "awesome" and then having them "pwn" any characters the author dislikes (who will of couse be quite out of character in order to make "bashing" them easier).

Sadly, as I did not find myself imagining myself as Harry the story did not have me squeling about how awesome I am and how much I "pwn" everyone, it was simply a pain to read, especially the technobabble, honostly that stuff was just horrible.

I'm happy for anyone who 'gets' this as it seems they have great fun, but I sadly just can't see it.

17. Argentum

Argentum First Year

It took me several google searches and some hard thinking; (I've just got back from an aftrer ball party) But I finally 'got' enough of it to laugh myself silly over.
    Excellent grammar, spelling and a good sense of showmanship, I felt it read like he was performing it as a monologue which is unique as far as I am aware.
    For what I understood - 5/5

18. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Just how many crossovers are in this thing?? o_O

19. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

too many unless you are a true geek.
    One good thing is that he "tries" to explain the crossovers to some extent in the conversations, but even i (who has been addicted to sci-fi for nearly 20 years now) don't understand every reference, some of them are simply too obscure for the normal person.

As i said, you either take those things in stride, or you might as well not read it.

20. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

I think its brilliant, I spend more time choking on my water while trying to drink and to read at the same time than ever before...
    Well, the only story that tops this one in hilarious insanity and fun is 'Make A Wish', but that is pretty damn near impossible to beat.
    I give it a 4.9