1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry + Lawyer/solicitor fics and favorite sub-genres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Aug 8, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I don't overthink things... I just instantly analyze everything :( And I can't turn it off... It comes from playing chess and other strategy games since I was old enough to know not to stick the pieces in my mouth.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Surround yourself with stupid fuckers at work. Ppl who make more then you do, but have no freaking idea how to do their jobs, your brain will learn to shut itself off after awhile and go into a coasting mode.

I've got a few ppl at my job that are beyond stupid and any attempt to rationalize what they say, think, or do will make your brain implode, so I learned to not analyze or overthink more then positivley need be.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I got an idea... kinda. What if they put Harry in muggle prison to keep him away from Voldie? Since Voldie is an idiot when it comes to muggles so he wont find him to break him out. Even under a fake name and everything. All they have to do is strap some weird band on him with magical runes or someshit and he cant do magic.

Stupid or meh?

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

There's been a story with Harry locked in a Muggle prison before. Not to keep Voldemort away from him, mind. I can't recall the title, but I think it was posted by an author named Tim K'nispel at fanfiction.net. Actually, I think I do remember the title as being "Sardonic Satisfaction" or something. Pretty fun little fic, especially if you don't like Ron and Hermione.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That's the only one i've read that involves a muggle prison but that just got really weird. Just think about a pretty much muggle Harry running around london, trying to aviod cops AND auror's.

6. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Does a real 'Harry on the run' fic exist, I mean one were he isn't a god or in contact with the order and doesn't have an ally (you know like Sirius).

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Not that i've seen and that's why this is fairly original, yes?

I've never heard of Harry running away from Muggle police and the Magical police at the same time or him being thrown in a muggle prison with no way of doing magic (apart from that one but he turned into some demon-god person).

I've never seen one where he has had NO ONE at all! I mean no one on his side. One with no bloody super loyal friend, no super loyal friend order member, no loyal-for-no-reason Slytherin/Death Eater/Whatever, no god-like magical being that takes pity on him, no ect! All on his fucking lonesome never happens, so thats pretty original too.

I've never seen (apart from a few very good stories) a good reason why he should go to jail and why he isnt found innocent. All the time they dont use truth serum even thou they should but if they actually DO use it, it doesnt work on him for some stupid reason. For some reason he just cant be affected by the stuff even thou he has never even tasted it and built up some sort of resistance (naturally).

I've seen a few pretty good ones but even in 90% of the good ones, he becomes some super powerful wizard for no reason anyway. So i dont want that to happen either.

Im picky, yes?

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I've tried surrounding myself with idiots... It just doesn't work because I can't stand them for more than 15 minutes at a time.

Anyways back on topic. A good Harry alone and friendless while on the run fic would be nice to read. Have him blackmail, murder, coerce, and muscle his way to the top :) Although I would like to see him get one alliance later on... Just not an alliance with humans... Maybe an alliance with the Centaurs or something... Or the Veela if your writing the NC-17 version.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Have a look at this little bit outta nonjon's story. Its Professor McGonagall talking to Harry but she thinks it's Nicholas Flamel.

“I can be whatever you want me to be.” Minnie continued to plead her case. “We can role-play. I’ll be the basilisk, you be Potter.” Minnie dropped to her knees, shut her eyes, and opened her mouth wide. “Come on! Stick your sword in my mouth!”

I spat all my coke over my keyboard when i read that.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Yeah I like his stories... Especially The Power Snivellus Knows Not...

11. Western_Frontier

Western_Frontier Second Year

McGon must be very despite to have such an ancient guy stick his tool in her mouth... YUCK

12. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

NonJon's stories are just great.

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Indeed...I especially like the Adventures of Patch and Eddie so far.

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

could you guys give a link to nonjon?

I haven't read any of his stuff.

15. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

16. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

that was great...it was funny...i loved it

17. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

So I figured here would be a good place to drop this question
    Why hasn't Harry (or anyone for that matter) taken legal action agaist Rita or the Daily Prophet for slander (well accually it would be Libel(sp?) but w/e)?

18. Midknight

Libel. It seems most of the wizard world likes to bend over and take it in the ass... I guess thats where all the slash fics come from

19. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I could be wrong, but I do believe slander, libel, etc are very high barriers to prove; even moreso in Britain in particular. Have you ever read a British newspaper or magazine? Even a videogame mag? Gossip is the lifeblood of British journalism. Even in America though, lots of lies are published in tabloids. Unfortunately, most lies are protected in free societies. Celebs usually lose lawsuits against tabloids.

On the topic of Lawyers/Soliciters/Emancipation, etcetera, I dig the concept of Harry using the system to his advantage, but I often find that authors go overboard with what Harry can get done this way, as well as convieniences (credit cards from Gringotts? Fuck off and DIE).

20. Midknight

Slander is spoken to a small audience, Libel is generally printed, and available to wide audiences

Celebs generally let the tabloids get away with anything, any publicity is good publicity.

Not open for further replies.