1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Meciel vs Harry/Amanda

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Methene, Nov 6, 2007.

?

Harry/Meciel vs Harry/Amanda

1. Meciel

45.1%
  2. Amanda

49.3%
  3. Other

5.6%
  1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

WBA = the work by author section. It's where authors post their work for help with characterisation, plot, spelling and grammar and the like, usually before they release the chapter to fanfiction.net or the like.

2. Teapot

Teapot Third Year

Thanks again. The light of my ignorance is shining through the cracks in my relatively empty head. Hopefully it will dim somewhat within the next few days.

3. Portus

Portus Heir

Or you'll get all steamed up, at which point we'll have to tip you over and pour you out.

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The last forum at the bottom of the list.

You need to be logged in as a member to see it.

5. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Didn't really knew that Amanda was the more popular choice as a pairing. I myself thought it would have been Meciel.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  6. Teapot

Teapot Third Year

I don't see how anyone could honestly believe that a Harry/Amanda pairing would be better than Harry/Meciel. I think Harry himself quite adequately describes it in one of the chapters of D. Knight. Something along the lines of "who better than the Fallen angel who lives in my head, knows my every though and every emotion" etc.
    Amanda is just… Well, first of all there is the whole "annoying brat" issue. Secondly, catholic. And…I could go on all day, but that wouldn't be too fun.

…… har har. ^^ Notice light, not heat. Ergo, I wouldn't :p Or, supposing I did, I do have ears. I'm sure they could be an excellent over-pressure vent. ;)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  7. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like both, but I personally prefer Amanda. For many various reasons that have no doubt been debated to death here.

8. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Harry needs some real poontang, not imaginary blow jobs from his invisible friend :)

9. Teapot

Teapot Third Year

Ponder this: What difference is there between the Cruciatus curse and torture (the non-disfiguring kind)?

In my opinion, none. The Cruciatus is torture, but not real. It's a spell designed, at least how I see it, to make the receiver feel as though he/she is in pain, without any physical or other external influences to cause this pain. The pain is just as real whether it's brought on by mutilating, debilitating torture or by tricking the brain into thinking the body should be experiencing pain (the Longbottoms is one example supports this).
    In the same way, Harry/Meciel would be and/or is just as real as Harry/Amanda -more so because Meciel is actually a grown woman- regardless of the fact that she's incorporeal. If she can make have the same experience as he would have with a physical woman I don't see that there would be much significance in the argument that "She doesn't have a body!". As a matter of fact, Meciel could probably 'do' things that no mortal woman could, so yeah…pwnd.:awesome

EDIT: cleaned up paragraph structure to facilitate reading.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  10. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Yes, well, you enjoy that. I'll be laughing at the mental image of Harry having sex with the empty air and his bed.

11. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

As far as we know, there are no after-effects of Cruciatus (unless subjects mind breaks, but that wasn't most common, was it?). Most torture methods usually leave their subjects disfigured. That's quite a difference imo.

Still, I see no reason why would anyone choose Amanda over Meciel.

12. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

...regardless of what it seems to be to him, it's still masturbation.

Can someone lock this thread? It should have never been brought back.

13. Teapot

Teapot Third Year

I didn't say the pairing is optimal, or even good. I'll be there laughing right along with you, EvilSpanker. I'm just presenting my thoughts of which pairing suits Harry better for this story; and as far as I can see Meciel is the clear winner.

As for my analogy with the Cruciatus curse: I wasn't in any way speaking of the after-effects (apart from my usage of the Longbottom to demonstrate the lack of difference of result of it and real torture) but the function of it. From what we've seen in canon, I think it's safe to say that the Cruciatus doesn't have a physical effect on the body apart from what the brain creates in response to the pain. My point was that it feels as though you are being tortured even though the pain is merely an 'illusion', so to speak. Hence why I believe that a physical relationship with Meciel would be just as rewarding -if not more- than one with Amanda, in terms of gain for Harry. To his perception, she does exist and possesses a solid body. Although Meciel might not get much out of it, I guess she can share his illusory pleasure…

That doesn't make it less weird or hilarious to think about, but from a viewpoint centered in Harry's mind I don't think there would be a difference.

14. Portus

Portus Heir

Meciel, just as Lasciel in TDF canon, isn't a woman, you know. Or at least I *hope* you know. Both are manifestations of a Fallen Angel, which is neither male nor female AFAIK, since they were likely created by the White God way back in the history of the universe. Y'know, before people, before the time of the "bone wrym" of Harry's demonic form, before dinosaurs, etc.

"She" is no more female than any of the Fallen, as evidenced in TDF canon when Michael asks Dresden about Lasciel, guessing (correctly) that Lasciel appeared to Dresden as a beautiful blonde woman, presumably to better play on Dresden's weaknesses.

So I think it's pretty damn funny that this discussion has ever, or is now still, happening. Mental masturbation indeed. I mean, WTF?

15. Teapot

Teapot Third Year

I have nothing further to say on this issue. My view on the mechanics of the relationship are still valid, whether Meciel is a 'he', 'she' or an 'it'. From Harry's perspective, she's a God-damn (see what I did there? :p ) hot woman and he'd like nothing more than to bang her. End of story.

Still, Portus…hilarious earlier post. It still make me snicker, even if the joke was at my expense.

16. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That may be true for DF canon, but in DS we know that Meciel was a mother. I've never heard of a male mother.

Btw: we can speculate that Harry learns how to create "hard-light illusions" not long after the end of DL. Calling it masturbation is much harder after that ;)

17. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

No one said she was a dude, what was said was that she is an angel, which, by definition, is neither male nor female.