1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter: Abjuration by Surarrin - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Jon, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter : Abjuration
    Author: Surarrin
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Supernatural
    DLP Category: The Alternates
    Pairing: ~
    Chapters: 6
    Words: 85,755
    Updated: March 1, 2010
    Published: April 29, 2007

Summary: Whether Dumbledore's man, or The White Court's Pet Wizard, Harry Potter can never escape outside control. From being the BoyWhoLived, to The White Court's errand boy everything is always out of his control. [HPxDresden Crossover]

Link: Chapter One

Checked by Minion, January 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  2. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

Great start. Grammar was good with only one spelling mistake (pessimestic) that I noticed. This story has promise. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.

3. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I agree with Knothead. Great story, continue the good work and it will be above and beyond some of these other stories on this sight. Currently 5/5.:)

4. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

Well I stuck it on my alert list so I'll give a proper review after three chapters.

For now... I haven't read the Dresden Files but this vaguely makes me consider looking it up. It's a good story, well written and I like the background descriptions.

A few times we see Harry just raising his hand to put up a wandless shield... Where did this come from? And how did he cross over into Dresden-verse (or whatever you call it), was it because he followed the girl into the woods and she did some kind of fae woojiness we didn't see? And when did Harry become a clubbing people watcher?

That's why I give stories a couple chapters to really start up. Somethings get explained as backstory in later chapters, to add an air of mystique, and the first glance might make you think "who is this person and what does he have to do with Harry Potter?" So keep up the good work and I'll scrape up a star rating in a few chapters.

5. Jon

Dammit, I missed one? >_<

I explain a fair bit of it the next chapter, I just didn't feel like starting with Harry holding a smoking gun at where Voldemort's head used to be, not literally. ;)

6. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

I liked it so far, but as I am only on Dresden Book 2 it was confusing. The grammar was good, and the plot from what little I have seen seems very good. It also seems that you have this mapped out which is always good. For the actually chapter I would say 4/5, but for the story I am going with the-Caitiff and waiting for more chapters.

7. Jon

I'd be worried about you not understanding, but you're supposed to be confused, just like Harry is. ^_^

8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Great story. Love it so far. An interesting read, for one chapter. But no judgement yet. So:

MOAR!!

9. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Jon sucks at dota.

Luckily he compensates by being a fantastic author. 5/5 biatch.

10. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

EXCELLENT story! I've been keeping up with it in the 'Works by Author' Section
    4.8/5

11. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Twas' awesomesause.

Seriously though, nice update (even though I've seen most of it before). The parts you added were good, too.

Sorry I can't give a more intelligent review, but it's late, and I'm tired.

Though, I am curious as to when we'll see...May, was it? The sidhe again.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  12. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Beautiful. And long awaited. Thanks Jon. :)

13. TehLicha

TehLicha First Year

I don't believe it. Abjuration has updated O.O I thought this was abandoned a loooong time ago.

Excellent chapter.

14. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

Nice Chapter.
    To be truthful, I forgot completely about this fic.
    With all these HP/Dresden crossovers around now a days, it is hard to find, ones that actually continue. I hope you do continue this fic, hopefully the next chapters will not take as long as this one did.
    Good job.

15. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

Didn't you post parts of this before? If not all? This all seemed very familiar to me and I definitely remember the mold demons.
    The only glaring mistake I noticed is that you kept calling Justine Justice.

16. Alratan

Alratan First Year

Edit: never mind

Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  17. shh

shh Squib

Yeah I think I read all of that before, sort of fucked it up for me because I kept checking previous chapters to see if that hadn't already happened.

18. Jon

There is atleast 5k that you haven't read. :\ Now don't bitch or I'll take another six months to release the already finished chapter six.

19. Calen

Calen Fourth Year

Man can't help but feel sorry for Beatrice. The vamps have obviously fucked her mentally at least. Is she a maid or a slave? Lol, Harry is so pussy whipped, he should just hurry up and bend over so all the male vamps and females with strap-on can use him and be done with it.

20. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Beatrice is a slut and is undeserving of the awesomeness that is Harry. Harry/Lara or Harry/Inari please.

Nice story, you've got a good amount of the characterization down pat, but I'm still not feeling comfortable with Lara. Unless her being nice and stuff is all a ploy, it seems really out of character for her. Looking forward to seeing more of Dresden obviously, and Thomas is as brilliant as always.

I'm interested to see what you're going to do with Lord Raith and such. If it's all pre Blood Rites it could make for some awesome majoo.