1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Harry Potter and the Dawn of the Dead by Erised Burning - HP/Buffy/Resident Evil - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Zevrillion, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Title: Harry Potter and the Dawn of the Dead
    Author: Erised Burning
    Rating: M
    Pairing: Don't know, might turn out to be Harry/Faith
    Crossover: Resident Evil, Buffy
    Category: Action/Adventure/Sci-Fi
    DLP Category: Alternates
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 114,520
    Updated: July 19, 2007
    Published: November 5, 2006

Summary: HPBuffyRE crossover. Feeling trapped by the prophecy, Harry ditches the Order and Privet Drive, only to find himself searching for kidnapped slayers in Raccoon City.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3231973/1/

Read it yesterday. It was surprisingly good. Don't really like Buffy, but it’s mostly Harry and Faith.

Anyway I thinks it's better than his other fic Blessed. Still quite a bit of action and fighting.

Checked by Minion, January 6, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013
  2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like it, its exciting enough and doesn't make Harry into a super wizard. Yeah it was a bit lame for him to learn all that stuff in one week, but I can ignore that in favour of Harry still not knowing shit compared to the Dark Lord.

Also, Molly's character was a bit over dramatic. I sincerely doubt she would say that he needs to be "constantly coddled" and that 'food is the answer to everything'. Even she ain't that stupid...

I give it a 4/5, cause its a good story but has its unbelievable parts.

Aekiel

3. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

4.5/5.

I really enjoyed reading it, but I am also a bit concerned with not only the parts that Aekiel mentioned, but also the fact he mentioned in the first chapter he had no idea where it's going.

4. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I thought so myself. It seemed more like a characture of Molly then the actual thing. She is taken to an extreme of herself. It rather made me giggle, and if this had been a Parody or Humor fic I would have approved, but it isn't.

5. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Excellent story. I am really impressed the way the author expressed Voldermort views on the muggles. I also like the way Harry is portrayed as well as the aurora.

I look forward to more chapters and hope to anything that might here me that the author doesn't abandon the fic.

6. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

It's pretty good, but I'm not so sure that Faith would just up and decide to kill Harry. 3.9/5

7. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I've never seen an episode of Buffy. I never played that particular RE, but I can grasp the concept of "There're zombies in the room!!! Shoot 'em in the head!!!"

That said, I loved this story. At least, I've loved it so far. The characature of Molly Weasley may be inappropriate for this type of story, but I think it is reflected well considering that the other members of the Order responded the same way to her as anyone on this forum would (the less violent ones, anyway). They ignored her completely.

There were times when I got annoyed at the other POV's, though. I don't mind one every now and then, but I like for Harry to get the majority of the airtime.

I hope Erised reads this, because it is a much better review than the one I left. Oops.

Edit: 4.25/5

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  8. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Despite some of the cringe worthy parts, I really like this fic. It combines three of my favourite fandoms and does so rather well. 4/5

9. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

It's cool, but hard to follow some parts if you dont already know that stuff it's crossed with. I already like how Harry is slowly developing, and the Harry/Faith interaction it good.

Only thing i dont like it the constant switch of pov. I have no idea who anyone is besides Harry and Faith, so i rather loose interest and skim over the parts that doesnt involve Harry.

3.5/5

10. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    I will have to check this out.

11. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

For some reason this fic just gets me. I really want more and I am typically not a Buffy or Resident Evil fandom reader. I have watched perhaps a season of Buffy and only watched the movies of Resident Evil games but it's easy to follow and a very fun read.

Simply entertaining. I'm not going in for a critical review for this because its been a long time since I've read a fanfic and just had a good time of it. So I review purely based on my enjoyment factor, which is 4/5.

12. Quill Runner

Quill Runner First Year

I'm glad to see this fic has evoked such a positive response at DLP.

You're right Molly wouldn't have behaved like that and you're right Faith wouldn't have tried to kill Harry. I'll try to tone down the more farfetched character moments. It's easier sometimes to throw those in, I think, though I'm not sure why. I suppose it just takes work to make a story feel natural.

The toughest part so far has been getting the balancing down between two different conceptions of magic. The BTVS universe is radically different from the HP universe. It's hard to see how a slayer would fit in as some sort of Chosen defender of humanity when Hagrid would serve just as well.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing how well the fic does on the DLP scale as it gets further in.

QR

13. darthdavid

darthdavid Second Year

I'd like to dispute the "Hagrid would serve just as well thing". Slayers have superhuman reaction times, are supposed to have a sixth sense to detect the undead (Buffy never showed much of an aptitude for it but I digress) and are, at the very least, in a similar strength category to him. Beyond that another will be chosen whenever one dies where as there's only one of Hagrid and that's all you're getting. Now that's not to say that Hagrid couldn't kill a lot of baddies, it's just that a slayer would be a lot better at it.
    Now, as for magic between the two, a powerful Buffy-verse spell caster or demon can do amazing large scale shit like world endage or making an entire town sing and dance or any of the other nifty shit of that nature we've seen in the series. On the other hand, it's very addictive and low level people maybe aren't as good in battle. So you have potential for much greater power with Buffy-verse magic but less practicality and a high risk of addiction. They actually compliment rather well.

14. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

The difference between the two magic system arn't all that different when you think about it. Magic comes from many different forms and it would be stupid to think that only wand magic exists in the wizarding world. Goblin magic also exists there as well, completly seperate and feared by the wizarding world.

But the magic system from the buffy verse can be used greatly to your advantage here as well. Maybe it could have been a huge thing of the past but was forbidden because of it's dangers that comes with utilizing these types of magic. meh!

In chapter six, you have a tenancies to write *reckon* many times. 0.o! Anyway, other than that, aswom shit. Keep updating.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  15. Masked Critic

Masked Critic Backtraced

It's been updated.

The newest chapter is a bit shorter than usual, but it goes a long way in furthering the maturation of Harry, and really emphasizes both his and Jill's characters.

It is quite good, in other words.

16. TripticWriter

TripticWriter Groundskeeper

I like it, but the fact that he completely ignore dual apparition piss me of.

And Harry is still too weak. What's the point of making Kingsley train him if you never let him have the occasion to use his power. I understand that in the long run the loss of his wand will be beneficial but it's kind of annoying how useless he is so far.

But I love the characterization, they are all done perfectly so far.

So really good story.

17. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It's updated. And over.

I wasn't ready for it to be over.

18. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Indeed.

Final chapter was a very good length. Did not resolve anything, in fact was a major set up for a sequel. The writer will be adding the Tolkien verse to Buffy and HP and I believe Stargate. I am not usually a fan of so much mixing but it is curious.

All in all I enjoyed every chapter of this fic, read each chappy as it was posted. That has to say something for it. Decent of the writer to bring it to some end before the release of DH and potential for not wanting to write anymore.

Still recommended.

19. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Gotta agree with nuhuh here. Especially with the multiple crossover thing. Seeing as every multiple crossover fic i've ever ran into sucks worse than a whore trying too hard. But this guy got skills as a great write but sadly there are only less then a hundred reviewers left on his fic.

20. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I asked him wtf was up with the multicross:

Otherwise a decent story. Nice work on Harry's magic as well, though I don't know if he should've been able to make himself a new wand, but I suppose it makes sense. I'm looking forward to a continuation though, and Harry/Faith's next meeting.