1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Harry Potter and the Eagle of Truthiness by Christine Morgan - T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by BioPlague, Dec 4, 2006.

1. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Title: Harry Potter and the Eagle of Truthiness
    Author: Christine Morgan
    Rating: T
    Genre: Crossover/Humor
    Pairing: None
    Words: 5,426
    Published: March 22, 2006

Summary: Hogwarts meets the Colbert Report ... guess who the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is?
    Link: Harry Potter and the Eagle of Truthiness

All I can say is bugbears. And LOL! I give this 5/5 but I strongly urge anyone who hasn't at least seen one Colbert Report to not vote since it is a crossover.

Checked by Minion, February 15, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2013
  2. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

LMAO! Damn. 5/5.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Despite my enthusiasm for Colbert I didn't find this funny at all. It just struck me as an idiotic attempt to portray his charisma in written word, failing dismally. It seems like it came from a genuinely good idea but it seems like it was 'it sounded better in my head' jokes that end up just annoying people.

1/5 but that may be a personal bias. 3/5 for the idea.

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

The author's clearly a big fan of the Colbert Report. And this definitely had some hilarious moments, but I think if you don't know the show or watch it, then this may come off as just plain stupid.

I thought the over-dramatic responses from the students (fainting left right, falling down, shivering in fear) were pointless and detracting from the odd ficlet.

But lordy, did she nail the feel of Stephen Colbert and the Colbert Report. Today's Word, Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger, the Threat-down all of the lines I could easily imagine Colbert delivering.

"Ever take money from Igor Karkaroff?" <=- this did make me laugh out loud.

If you're not a fan of Stephen Colbert, this will seem stupid as hell. But some things work better than you'd think. LIke Professor Colbert DADA instructor.

4/5 for making me laugh. But I doubt I'll ever want to re-read it.

5. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Yeah, rofl, this was on DLP a few months ago and got slammed :( 5/5 from me, just for this:

With a first paragraph that awesome, I can hardly contain my glee. Welcome to the Colbert Report, motherfuckers :p

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Had Me ROLLING!!!

6/5

AWESOME!! There were legimately 5 or 6 laugh out loud moments for me in there. THe Threat down!

The one thing I wanted Stephen to say when he gave Hermione points was, "Whatever House that is, I don't See Houses, I see people."

7. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

And here I thought he was supposed to be more right-wing; all Mudbloods and murdering and all that. Isn't that the Wizarding Conservative way?

Come on, Colbert a wizard? Wouldn't that be against God? After all, the only people with magical powers are God, the Pope, and President Bush. And where's the nod to Ontario League Hockey?
    And for that, I laughed. Nyah hah hah.

We'll be right back.

5 / 5.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Colbert's character is more of an Authoritarian demagogue who is unconcerned with the truth and loathes the elites.

He wouldn't like the purebloods because they are "Elitists".

9. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

Contrary to most of the other DLP'ers, I hate Colbert. I think he's given far too much credit for what he does. Sure some of it may be funny (I'll admit his speech at that Whitehouse Correspondant Dinner was EXCELLENT), but something about him just makes me want to drop an elephant on his head. This fic was PURE Colbert, and I'll have to give it an honest rating.

2/5

10. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

This fic has its moments, just like the real Colbert. 4/5.

11. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Although, as a fan of the show, I found the fic very amusing, I am afraid this fanfic was placed on the "Do not Repost" list - unless an admin decides to reverse that ruling for this fic.... (Eh? A possibility?) But just in case, I'll throw out a:

4/5

-J

12. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

fucking helarious man. 5/5.
    Great find.

13. deathtehfluffybunny

deathtehfluffybunny Fourth Year

Gotta love that Colbert exuberance, would have been funny to keep him an adamant lover of america though, throw in some cracks against the country he was teaching in.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Hated this when it was posted earlier and still do, can find my review in the last thread if you're curious.

15. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

Just for Yarrgh!'s quote I give it a 4/5! Now I'm going to go read the whole thing because that one snippet had me laughing my ass off.

I for one love the Colbert Report, but I think even if I didn't know the show I'd find that funny.

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Failingly Dismal. While I may be a fan of Colbert, this fails. -5/5 for ruining what little of Colbert I like.

17. jaspernoone

jaspernoone First Year

wow, i found it amazing that someone would of thought that up, though it did have a moment or two of hilarity, it lacked all that the real colbert gives us /5 (not the missing numeral, it was so abysmal, i cant even rate it).

18. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Be real, giving this anything lower then 2/5 at the very least is just being a dick. There are Harry/Ginny fics in the trash bin with a higher rating then that. Put this in the library.

19. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I failed this story quite a long time ago. It has its humorous points, but otherwise it's rather pathetic and bores me. The delete reason for the last thread of this story was "Raped the test."

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, and ignoring the fact that this has been binned/deleted once before and is on the 'dont post these fucking stories' list...

Edit: Just searched for it and found it must have been deleted, not just binned. Anyway...