1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Era of Hogwarts by Lord Ravenclaw - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Apr 2, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

Good point. Slytherin's chamber having a secret entrance in a bathroom with modern plumbing is bothersome in canon. Then again, so is the fact that the founders built a Medieval castle three and a half centuries before Medieval castles were ever built. Even if one were to say that the Romans' knowledge of stone masonry was never lost amongst Wizardfolk, it doesn't explain the fact that the Romans never built Medieval style castles - even if the rudimentary elements of castle design were around during the Roman empire. Hogwart's archinetual design is quite revolutionary for its time.

Then again, it seems quite odd. Wizard's warding and whatnot make giant stone walls totally unnecessary. I guess we can just chalk it up to Rowling's desire for Hogwarts to be a grand, and very old castle.

Anyway, sorry for necroing this thread. I began reading the story, didn't particularly like it, and noticed that it had recieved a lot of high praise. I'm not given to flaming, so I figured I would list my reasons for disliking the fic, but also mention at least one thing that I did like.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I prefer an honest review. But yes, my writing standards weren't near what they are now when I started and wrote the bulk of EoH. I'd give it 3/5 myself, just because of all the work I put into the story and the few original ideas I had.

3. Kento

Kento Guest

curious but is this story gonna be updated anytime soon or are you taking it down?

4. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

Something I'd like to see is a Hogwarts-Era story that incorperates more explicitly the fact that it wasn't until 1632 (or around that time, iirc) that the international statute of secrecy was established. While wizards had been withdrawing on their own for some time before that, I imagine that in the late 900s AD, there was likely a rich mix of wizards and muggles.

Oh, I gave the plumbing issue some thought. The Romans had fairly sophisitcated plumbing by even our standards, and the valves of the time have not changed much in two-thousdand years.

Oops, I have to go . . . I'll edit this later.

5. the13thdragon

the13thdragon Raptured to Hell

I know you’re probably sick about hearing this but have you given up on Eoh completely? I am sure I Speak for many others when I say I would like to see it continued.

6. Gulfbar

Gulfbar Squib

Signed!

Please don't give up on this one, it's a very interesting story.

7. shizuki

shizuki First Year

Don't drag up a months-old thread just to ask if the story is abandoned. PM the author next time.

8. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I thought someone was about to say another chapter was up, or there happened to be an update on status. I'm gonna go cry now, foreskin-sniffers.

9. the13thdragon

the13thdragon Raptured to Hell

Ah but if I ask here and get an answer then the answer will be somwhere where everybody can see it so nobody else has to ask again.

10. pdgrunge

pdgrunge Squib

This story is one of a kind and the plot is good
    i am really surprised that no one has tried to copy the plot after it was not updated it could really turn out to be a great story afterall

11. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

:facepalm

/10char

12. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

@pdgrunge: Jesus fuck, seriously? A four year old thread and you necro it with that?! I'd start by suggesting you read the library rules carefully.

@WD: The only reason I didn't punch you in the dick for that utter and complete useless post more offensive than the offending necro, is that I felt it more deserving to put as little effort into this post as you put into getting yourself in a shithole of trouble. :| That was sincerely so pathetic that I cant get over all of the pity I have for you to actually ban you for it. :facepalm

@DLP-at-large: Lets stop posting the shit that walk just posted. If you look to the left side, under all that user garbage, theres a triangle icon. Its to report shit like this. Or, you know, you can continue annoying the hell out of people.

Not open for further replies.