1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by TIJK - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ChaosSora, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Not even that. The bulk of a letter is the envelope it is in and since all of their messages are going to the same person, they can have all of their messages in the same envelope, and the difference in thickness would be negligible. Even if you have them all in different envelopes, in comparison to the length and width of the letters, the added thickness is still insignificant.
    And in real life, you would have one person write a letter explaining what is going on with everyone, not everyone chipping in.

2. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I gotta agree. They could even have expanded the envelope(I'm sure Hermoine knows how) to make countless letters fit inside. There is really no need to have an arguement inside a letter like this.

3. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

I'm sure McGonnagal knows how, nevermind Hermione.

4. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

You know, I actually enjoyed this story. It was a nice change to see something a little more light-hearted than usual. I'm not one for dramatic levels of fluff but for some reason, I'm really rooting for the Harry/Tonks interaction and I'm liking the Harry/Sirius/Remus interaction, even with the horribly cliched 'Pronglet'.

-Shrug-

I'll give it a 4/5.

5. Cathal

Cathal Sir Nils' Right Hand

I've been reading this story since it's first chapter was released. At first I was kinda sceptical about it.(there are tons of H/T fics and I can count the decent ones on the fingers of my right hand) But after a couple of chapters I started enjoying it. There is nothing extraordinary about this fic but it definitely has something that makes me check the story for updates every single day.

Solid 4/5.

6. Demonic Chair Stealer

Demonic Chair Stealer Second Year

I like it, it's a nice, light fan fiction that is well written and without too much fluff that you gag on it. And the best H/T I've seen in more than a year.

Definitely worth checking out 4/5.

7. maDcap

maDcap Muggle

Very good so far, alot of H/T tend to be very poorly done, which is a shame because I think it is an interesting pairing, but this has avoided that so far. Also like the Harry/Sirius/Remus interaction well done:)
    4/5
    Looking forward to more updates!

8. M2J MandalorianJedi

M2J MandalorianJedi Squib

This is one I've found quite enjoyable, though it hasn't been updated in sometime. It's far from making even my top 20, but it's memorable in it's own way.

3.5/5

9. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

The author stated on his page that he's not going to be updating on the fic because he found it lacking. He's going to start a new fic, keep the expulsion idea, and incorporate different ideas. http://www.fanfiction.net/u/605152/

Personally, I really wish he would have just trudged through this one instead of abandoning it. Though the writing could use a beta to fix up the grammar mistakes, he got the characterizations spot on. Hell, I even managed to like Lupin in it.

10. Peacemaker

Peacemaker Second Year

I agree with IP that the idea is good. However, the way it is seen through is not bad in my opinion. The story is a good light read and while I agree that it could be better, I've read far worse. Most of all, as Lord Ravenclaw said, it is a story. The execution is decent and I've enjoyed reading what was posted so far. As that is the most important factor for me, I'll give it a 4/5.

EDIT: Crap, landed on page one of this thread and thought, IPs post was from today. Sorry for that. Right now I can just agree with Galleon that it's a waste to start a new fic instead of continuing this one and improving it.

11. M2J MandalorianJedi

M2J MandalorianJedi Squib

LOL

I haven't done it here, but I have replied to a thread where what I thought was the most current post wasn't exactly the most current one.

I hope that makes sense...

12. The Sour Kraut

The Sour Kraut Seventh Year

Shit, I was hoping for a decent Honks story, but the author deleted profile and all stories two days ago.
    At least I think so as the link doesn't work anymore and Galleon's link leads to the mentioned empty profile.

Another fag deleting his stories for being average?

13. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Damn it. There goes another potentially great story down the drain..

14. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Well, it could have been the Nazi admins. They've banned people for ridiculous reasons before, haven't they?

15. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

Yeah, I don't think he deleted everything. Last time I checked, he was planning on starting a new story that was essentially a re-write of the old one. He didn't think he did a very good job, so he was gonna redo it.

16. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

But why pull it? I know he was redoing it, but the even the author profile is gone..

17. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

That usually means that the FF nazi's got to him/her.

18. Galleon

Galleon DA Member

Fuck. Damn them. -.-

19. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Don't know why they should have emptied the bio. I think it far more likely that the author just closed all the doors to the fandom.

Maybe it's just the cynic in me talking, but life has proved that optimism usually leads to nothing but disappointment.

EDIT: Anyone know when he changed his name? This looks exactly like a MrJoe exit, unless he did this before the deletion of course.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  20. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

It's not the same person...>.> As far as I know, you can't change your name on FF.Net.

I noticed a while back that if you go to http://www.fanfiction.net/u/someuser'sid/ you can get more than one person.