1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter and the Rise of the Amphiptere by Lord Supremo - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Lord Supremo, May 15, 2006.

1. CGB

CGB Auror

I also liked the new chapter. It's good we now have an explanation why Dumbledore was so angry.

2. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Great chapter and I especially like harrys thoughts on wanting to kill. It is always nice to see some background into Dumbledore's character and why he reacts like he does.

3. Lord Dragon

Lord Dragon DA Member

The last chapter was great dark arts hear we come. I hope the next update comes soon. this could become one of my favorite Storeys.

4. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Good Chapt!! i liked the bubbledork history and the fact of the being acutally trained.

One question. How old is Tonks? Like was she finishing Hogwarts when Harry was there or what?

5. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Dident Tonks graduate from Hogwarts in 1991 the same year Harry started hogwarts.

6. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

I don't think it was ever established in canon how old Tonks is, but it seems to be fanon that she was either a 7th year when Harry was a 1st, or that she graduated the year before he came.

SPOILER ALERT!!!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Don't worry about her relative lack of experience, she won't be Harry's only tutor. Look in the previous chapter for a hint about who else will help him out.

7. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

Oh, and thanks for all the positive feedback regarding Dumbledore's history. As short as it was, it took a long while to think up, so I'm glad it wasn't all for naught. If anyone was confused by the part where Dumbledore notices that Harry "was looking and behaving exactly as a young Tom Riddle had, 50 years earlier, upon learning of the vast riches he had inherited as the last of the Slytherin line," keep in mind (now, and in the future) that this story will disregard everything in HBP, except Horace Slughorn and Fenrir Greyback may make appearances at some point.
    LS

8. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Short but very interesting. *imitating Yoda* Much potential I see in this one, yes...

9. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

its still to early to give my opinion... but that Dumbledore scene in the third chapter just felt... odd, but thats probably because I see him more as someone that does things from behind the stage... and I dont really think Hermione would agree to use Dark arts that easily... but anyway update soon!

10. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

In regards to Lucas' concern about Hermione, I believe DMX said it best when he said "Talk is cheap!" It's quite easy to agree to do something in theory, but quite harder when it comes down to action. Look for Hermione to struggle more when the time comes to actually begin learning.

11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

How soon can we expect an update?

12. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

I'm honestly not sure, I've got the next chapter pretty well planned out, but when I can find the time to produce it is another question, I'm at USC right now doing a fairly intensive summer program and when I get back home, I'll be pretty swamped with summer homework (goddamn AP classes). So, I'm shooting for before the end of the month, but it may well be until this time next month.

13. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

Alright, the wait is over! New chapter is up now, this time sans any horrible formatting errors! Go read/review/discuss here!
    LS

14. CGB

CGB Auror

Good chapter. I especially liked the end, although I think it's a stupid idea. What keeps Ron from running to the Aurors after he's free? And I don't think Harry can keep him in Grimmauld place. And if he would obliviate Ron, the whole scene would be kinda pointless. Anyway. Good chapter.

15. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Torture him to insanity and oblivate him so no one will no its Harry.

I like the end. Ron being tortured by Harry is always good. But were you trying to make Ron like sorta slytherin like? That would never work. Ron is a idiot and he is sorta like Bill engvall's saying Men have 3 basic needs Sleep, Food, and Sex but Ron probably to big of an idiot to understand the last one. In its place is Quidditch

16. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I like the whole description of why DD's angry but that's about all that really makes this story interesting to me. Harry gets abused and snaps yada yada yada, gets super rich, DD flips out, Ron is seen as a bad guy, Hermoine's character is overhyped and so is Tonks, it's ALL been done before. As with Hermoine agreeing to learn the dark arts, i understand that she likes/loves harry but come on. This is a character who, IMO, worships DD and everything to do with the light. Basically i just hate hermoine and don't see how she would ever fit in with the kind of harry you have created.

17. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

Thanks for all your thoughts, guys, I've got just a couple of comments:

To CGB: Yes, it would be rather pointless for Harry to obliviate Ron or allow him to report to the Aurors. That should give you a hint as to what will become of him...

To Dranco: Correct! Ron is an idiot and, if you'll notice, quite un-Slytherin like throughout the chapter. He wears his feelings on his sleeves, and rashly tries to attack Hermione while taking only minimal precautions to make sure he isn't caught. Seems like pure Gryffindor to me.

To killginny009: Overhyped? I hadn't thought I had given much ink to Hermione or Tonks at all. Just to be clear, neither of the two have any feelings for Harry beyond friendship. This thread already has a lengthy discussion of Hermione, so I'm not going to revisit my views regarding her except to say I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

18. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

Promising start, i will be watching this story so update soon.

19. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

Hmm. Mixed responses to this one. Has it been updated lately? The last chapter I read had Ron about to be tortured by Harry.

Still, the suden abuse is a little cliche. What brought it on? Why now, even after the warning that Mad Eye gave him?

20. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

All will be revealed in due time...