1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter Filming To Recommence At Christmas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Celestin, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Link.

You know this gave me a great idea. How about they do these reshoots 19 years later (maybe for 20th Anniversary celebration of premier of the last movie?), so we can see for real how they get older instead of make-up that makes them look like seventy years old.

2. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

This is cool and all, but I don't really see how it deserves it's own thread.

3. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

^ This.

Also, did I miss something, or are they calling the epilogue "the climax"?

No, don't ask me why I was on MuggleNet today, I'm still asking that question.

4. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think the only notable thing about this entire thread is that it is made clear that the person who wrote that article has never seen a Harry Potter movie, let alone read a book. Seriously, "Time Twister"? The Post-Columbus movies(4-7) "Stepping things up a gear"?

5. Archangel

Archangel First Year

I don't think so - there's some crazy dream-sequence thing where Harry talks to Dumbledore's ghost in a dream of King's Cross, isn't there?

I wish I was making that up...

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I don't have a problem with this being it's own thread really, but it might have better suited to one of the HP7 movie threads.

Is this the scene then that we all saw previews of where the actors looked so damn bad? I recall thinking it was ridiculous how old and unpleasant they all looked. In my opinion just dress them up professionally and keep them with normal amounts of make-up. I can look 15 or 30 depending on how they dress -- should be the same for them, especially as they are in their 20s by now and spend time trying to look 5 years younger for the rest of the movie. Just dress to look 5 years older instead, do their hair different, and call it good.

7. oephyx

oephyx Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yes well, that's what I though as well at first, but MuggleNet says the scene they's reshooting is the epilogue, and Emma Watson shouldn't appear in the between-life-and-death scene.

So yeah. The epilogue is the climax guys. Don't know how I missed it when reading the book.

TBH, even at twelve I thought the Columbus films were very lame kiddie stuff. In terms of film making, the latter ones are better (anyone who knows anything about films can tell you that PoS is the only decent film in the whole franchise), but the divergences from canon are stupid.

8. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Pretty much my thoughts on it. This is a Harry Potter forum, after all. Sheesh.