1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Potter sporcle quiz

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by Cas, May 14, 2014.

1. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

I know there was a thread by Sree a long time ago about sporcle, but not many responses, and I don't think that this game was on when he first posted about it.
    Basically you have to name the top 200 characters in the Harry Potter series by number of mentions. Sound easy for such an avid Harry Potter fan? think again.

The best score I got was 139/200. This was when I first did the test probably about a year ago. I've just done it now and only got 98/200.

The game can be found here

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I got 124. Was still going when I ran out of time though. Can't believe I forgot Cho XD

[​IMG]

Edit: that said, i think there's seomthing wrong with the list. There's no way that Albus Severus Potter has 27 mentions in that epilogue. Right?

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I got 127. Kinda sad that I missed Kreacher, Filch, Lockhart, Dung, and Aberforth.

http://i.imgur.com/CkzJs8A.png

Actually somewhat proud that I got a few of those random world cup players right.

4. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

I got 100. Forgot to take an image, but the most mentioned I missed was Kreacher. Took me 15 minutes to remember Hagrid, even though I was looking at the spot below Dumbledore for quite a bit of time.

5. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

103. Totally forgot the spelling of some of the names like Rosmerta (and to my embarrassment McGongall). Just seeing the number of mentions was interesting since I sometimes worry about overusing a character's name.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  6. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Hate to be the one to tell you Lyrium, but it's still spelt wrong. McGonagall is the correct spelling.

Edit: @ Taure, I just read through the epilogue quickly here and I counted 26 mentions of Albus, so it seems about right.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  7. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Got 98, kept getting the spellings wrong especially McGonagall and thinking that characters like James were there since I got Harry and Lilly. Can't believe I forgot Hedwig and Pomfrey.

Didn't know Hagrid was mentioned so many times, he's forth, more than Voldemort.

8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I wonder if it counted every time Albus and Severus were said beside each other with like a full stop in between. They had enough conversations that it probably happened

9. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Quite a few of the mentions were just Al, not his full name, or even just Albus, but they all meant the same character so I counted them all.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

156. I found using characters' last names and systematically working through groups like Hogwarts teachers, intelligent magically creatures, unintelligent magical creates, students of each house, quidditich players etc. to be very helpful.

11. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

127. Same as fontisan but I went through events of the books in order. Forgot Hedwig. D:

12. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    117. I'm fairly certain there's a few I typed that didn't get accepted for some reason - I'm sure I put in Bellatrix, but it flagged her up as one I missed.

Think about the films as well. Scabior isn't named in the books, as far as I recall...

13. Quill Of Justice

Quill Of Justice Squib

I got 148/200 but i still had more names in my head. I dislike how sometimes first names are not enough and you have to put in a last name. I had put in Bellatrix but like Shinysavage the game didn't count it (probably because I didn't put in the last name. I also could not spell McGonagall and don't even get me started on Scrimgeour. To my embarrassment I forgot Slughorn and couldn't spell Quirrell and Maxime (kept on writing Maxine). On top of that I wrote Mostafa several times but it didn't count it. Anyways that was time and I will probably try to get a higher score.

14. fontisian

I played a few more times and managed to get 189. Beating this is my new project.

15. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

112. Forgot Filch. And all professors except the ones in defense, McGonnagal and Flitwick.

16. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

If you type Lestrange it gets Bellatrix, Rudolph and Rabastan all at once ;)
    You only have to enter a surname and it gets everybody in the family.

17. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

I'm just rubbish :(

[​IMG]

18. Radmar

Radmar Disappeared

75/200 and not a single point more. My memory is not very good.

Edit: I tried three times to write "Spinnet", but I failed and ended up writing "Alicia" instead. These double letters will be the end of mine.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  19. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    136. I'm really embarrassed about forgetting some names. My highest mentioned forgotten was Kreacher.

[​IMG]

20. fontisian

194. So close and yet so far.