1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry/Ron/Hermione or Trio ship fanfics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by orangeyensign, Dec 20, 2016.

1. orangeyensign

orangeyensign Squib

High Score:
    Hello there, I am on a hunt for Harry/Ron/Hermione fiction, whereby all three are in a poly relationship. I enjoy such fiction because Ron is often written more in line with canon as a capable, level-headed and witty person, which is unfortunately uncommon in fanon. I have been looking over the net the past few months, as a good portion of the fics seem to have been written Pre-DH, stored on fanfic archives like The Quidditch Pitch and Triofic.com that are no longer around. I also tried looking for any mentions of such fiction here on DLP, but apart from this post, i have not been so successful.

I basically am looking for any trio fic that have been reviewed by DLP or any trio fic that you guys might have saved when the fansites went down.

2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Ohhhh... do you mind me hitting on you?

erm...

Well, AO3 is the way to go nowadays. Use this link for the pairing. Leviathan, the last owner of triofic.com, managed to merge the triofic-archive into AO3, so that no fics were lost. Iirc there was something similar planned for The Quidditch Pitch, but apparently the AO3-staff didn't do it (yet?).

The ff.net community found here is still managed and gets new entries every now and then. But yeah, with the end of the series the HP-fandom calmed down over the years, and rare pairings rarely see new stories or authors.

And, well... Dark Lord Potter is kind of the last place where one might look for triofics.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  3. orangeyensign

orangeyensign Squib

High Score:
    Well, i dont mind you hitting on me, haha, it is certainly a new experience. I am just glad that i am not that alone in the end. I guess your interest in that pairing has certainly not waned in the past few years Have you read Simons_flowers fics?

Thanks for the links, Dark Minion, i have been checking them out, especially the Ao3 ones, even if I suspect there will be many repeats.

Why would this be the last place to find trio fics for? Pardon me for being new and ignorant, but i do get that this forum doesnt particularly like slash. Still I had hoped there would be at least one or two trio-fics worth discussing. I find that the few triofics i do like do capture the dynamics of the original Trio more accurate than most recent fanfics i know, if nothing else just for not sidelining Ron. I just stumbled across this fic where just from the first few paragraphs, you get a Ron that is witty, sarcastic and knows how to banter with Harry, which is quite uncommon in most fics.

4. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Leviathan is the only trio-author I can think of, off the top of my head. Don't let the 'last updated' dates fool you: He hasn't been active for a long time, but the site where his work was located went under and most of the stories there got moved to AO3, hence the relatively recent 'updates.'