1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Well good I guess because I've never been offered one but the same cannot be said of my opponents.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Has there been a more broken card in arena history than Frost Lich Jaina? There are cards like Deathwing, but there's an answer to him, what do you even do against Jaina? Stop playing minions?

Is that even considered the strongest DK? I don't even know. I imagine Rexxar could also have been absurdly powerful at a similar stage, but with less tools to stop being overrun?

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Rexxar has nothing on Jaina; at least until Rexxar's Beasts have lifesteal. Jaina doesn't just win the attrition war, it also makes her near-immune to any burst that isn't on the other side of 25.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

FLJ is easily the most powerful single card in the game. It's not even close.

The only other card even vaguely in the same ballpark is Shadow Reaper Anduin, and that's only with Raza support making the hero power free.

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm very curious how long Anduin will hang around after Raza rotates out in April. At that point you're just using it for the clear...

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Rogue secrets! Yaaaaaas.

The Hunter legendary is actually great too.

8. Mister Ferro

Rogue secrets are neat!! There will only be 3 for the expansion with possibly more in the future. The 2 revealed were inspired by the Hunter and Paladin secrets (Misdirection and Getaway Kodo) and it was confirmed that the last will be Mage inspired.

New Hunter legendary is already 100 times better than Professor Putricide.

The Druid Weapon was just revealed and it's anti-ooze/Harrison when it's played in early game.

New Kobold epic has the battlecry of: Return one of your destroyed weapons to your hand.

9. Mister Ferro

[​IMG]

Explore Kobolds & Catacombs on December 7 (8 for EU)!

Kobolds & Catacombs Launch Rewards
    Log in after release to receive three Kobolds & Catacombs card packs and a random Legendary Weapon card, FREE! We’re also adding three sequential one-time Dungeon Run quests*, and each one awards one Kobolds & Catacombs card pack, for a total of three more card packs.

* make sure to leave 1 spot on your Daily Quest Log open

Jax
  10. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Huh that's sooner than I expected.

Now I find myself short on gold

11. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm so freaking curious what the Rogue weapon will be. I hope it either further solidifies a control quest/jade rattle rogue like a few cards shown already have, or a new archtype, mid-range weapon.

Like, I'd squeal if rogue weapon was 2m 1/2, cannot be destroyed, hero power adds +1/2.

Sounds broken, but that's basically jade with the downside of having to use your face...

12. Mister Ferro

I really love Warlock's weapon. Rin might actually be playable because of it.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Toast try make it work, lol.

Oh wow:

[​IMG]

This has some really sick sneaky synergy with Sudden Betrayal. Evasion isn't quite Ice Block, you can still die/take huge damage from a big minion before going immune, but Sudden Betrayal means you'll not want to attack with your big minion first.

If you're super clever, you can also completely fuck over Quest Mage. Valeera+Two of these is one more than 2 ice blocks XD

...until they generate seven more with all the random spell shit coming and that's already there UGH

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  14. Mister Ferro

Today's brawl marks the 3rd week in a row with a KnC pack as the reward. I would think that next week's reward would be another KnC pack as that is the last brawl before the launch, that would mean we all get 10 packs for free.

I'm currently at 4.5k gold and should be at 5k easily by the 7th. My plan is to spend 4k gold on packs and the rest on arena runs.

I started gold farming on October 1st with 185 gold after I did my 50 gold daily.

15. Agayek

Don't kid yourself. The weapon will just get oozed. Everyone and their mother is going to have 4 pieces of weapon removal baseline in every deck, with 2 more as tech cards lurking around. None of the legendary weapons are gonna be worth much at all.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    What makes you say that? I'm not convinced yet. I'll need to see all the weapons first.

17. Mister Ferro

I see at most Harrison being tech'd in against the Spell Casters but that's about it.

18. Agayek

Because there's one of two ways this shakes out. Either the legendary weapons aren't very good in the meta and nobody plays them (at which point, it's no good, so you wouldn't be playing it either), or they're good so everyone plays them.

If the latter, then the meta will shift to include weapon removal, because it's a hard counter to the legendary weapons and doesn't cost much (just like it did when control warrior and Gorehowl in particular was popular). And once that happens, all the legendary weapons will be useless and nobody will play them.

The only way the legendary weapons can work at all is if they're at best mediocre and don't generally win games on their own, and so they're rarely played enough not to hugely impact the average players' winrate. However, every single one of the weapons except debatably the Shaman one all look to be pretty fantastic. Which means that people are going to rush to try them, and everyone else is going to stack their decks with weapon removal to nullify them, because if they don't, they'll just lose every time they run into one.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    You left out an obvious option.

Like with quests, what if only a couple are good?

At the moment, there are two weapons you absolutely want to remove, the warlock one (which could go in any warlock deck) and the mage one. The rest are either meh, or anti-syn with removal.

I can only see Aluneth working in a low curve, heavy burn deck (otherwise you'll just mill yourself). And will this deck be better than elemental mage? (holy shit that 4 drop).

As for the skull, yeah, Void Lord 9 drop thing makes that scary.

We've still yet to see Warrior, Hunter, Rogue and Paladin legendary weapons though. We'll see.

20. Mister Ferro

At first glance, the best Weapon got revealed:

[​IMG]

Weapon removal meta? More like Silence meta incoming!