1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oakheart? He's awesome dude!

2. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I want to play new decks on ladder so much but I'm not done opening packs until I do all the Arena runs that 1k gold allows.

Plus I love playing Dungeon Run, damn it Blizzard!!!!!

3. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I played dungeon run, and I love the concept but the stupidly-high RNG emphasis on the whole thing soured me on it relatively quickly. Between the matchup RNG and card RNG, it was just too much. You could have a fucking amazing run that just comes crashing down around your ears on the 7th or 8th boss simply because the dice rolled and decided your big minion control deck needed to run into Waxmancer Strum or whatever and fuck you.

It's not that big a deal, you're only out 20 minutes or so, but it's still annoying and it sours the whole affair for me. When it's going well, and even when I'm losing to a non-completely-fucky boss, it's great, but as soon as the shit RNG hits and I just get fucked with no chance of winning, it ruins the whole experience.

It seems like I'm largely alone in that though. As I've been trying to play ladder and the overwhelming majority of people I run into are hunters running Rhok'delar, with a smattering of pirate warrior and only the occasional real deck. It feels like the majority of real players are caught up dungeon running, for now anyway.

Though admittedly, I'm down at the bottom rungs of the ladder because I don't play enough to rank meaningfully, and that's probably a not-insignificant part of that.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think you're being a bit too harsh on what makes someone a "real player" or not.

That hunter deck, running Rhok'delar, has a 60+% win rate.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

/shrug

I've played against about 10 different variations on that deck and haven't even come close to losing to it yet, using a shitty quest + geomancer warrior deck. I'm not even sure what it's win condition is supposed to be.

Maybe I'm just too deep in the shitter bracket for anyone I've seen to play it right, but I doubt it.

6. Mister Ferro

I did 2 quick matches with my Midrange Hunter. I replaced Jeweled Macaw with Dire Mole and Leeroy with Kathrena. This was just a quick edit as I wanted to see if I could hit rank 15. My 1st opp was Quest Rogue who played the new secret!!! I just went Face and I won. The 2nd match was against Warlock (Handlock, I think) and turn 1 Dire Mole into turn 2 Razormaw is pretty good. Opp conceded soon after because they had no way of dealing with a 1/3 poisonous Mole lol.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Spell hunter just takes a massive dookie on secret mage weirdly. Mirror image and ex runes do nothing.

You also get your secrets down before they can counter spell.

Oh and Flanking Strike is just ridiculous too [emoji14]

8. Mister Ferro

I'm doing a Warlock arena run that has 2x Twisting Nether + 2x Felfire Potion. My first opp was a Paladin who had Deathwing. I had already used 1 Felfire Potion and I used Twister Nether back-to-back. Opp played Deathwing to clear board, I'm at 4 health and Opp is at 6 health. In my hand sits the last Felfire potion and Soulfire, my last draw happened to be Ogre Magi. I did what I had to do and sacrificed the both of us to end the match with the draw.

9. Phinstrael

Phinstrael Muggle

Played more HS in the last 2 days thanks to dungeonruns than I played in november. They are pretty neat, if not sometimes frustrating, especially the endbosses. Holy shit how much I want to squelch Xol everytime I get him. Highlight was certainly my last rogue run. Got the gloves of mugging, drew it turn one against the guy with double deathrattle heropower that playes the priest quest ans promptly stole the quest off him. Repeated it against the next boss, the thief, who plays rogue quest. Well, couldn't finish the quest on my own rogue but at least he didn't either.

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    dog the draw god. That Secret Mage was amazing.

11. Rehio

High Score:
    Dog is so god damn good at the game. I know Sjow is pretty awesome, and their new temp teammate is good as well, but I can't help but think that Dog is just at a higher level.

Chakki and Zalae are scary as fuck, too.

12. Mister Ferro

Completed Dungeon for 2nd time (Shaman run) Jades with the +1/1 passive is so good!

13. Mathemagician

Mathemagician First Year

Just finished dungeon run with the final class (warlock).

Using an Amulet of Domination on a Deadly Spore with Cloak of Invisibility kinda turns any later boss into a joke.

14. Rehio

High Score:
    Yeah, finished out my last dungeon this morning with Rogue. A couple of Questing Adventurers + Tiny rogue combo stuff can get ridiculous.

Also grabbed that Adapt card during the run. I had a 14/9 questing with Windfury/Divine/Untargetable/Spores.

Warlock has some of the most potential to be busted, I think? You can get Mal'Ganis, and you can get Perma-stealth.

15. Mathemagician

Mathemagician First Year

One of the easiest classes to break might be shaman. Get the cost reduction for spells and add the 1-mana repeatable evolve card. Every board gets insane.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Shaman has been brutal for me. I keep getting totem and murloc decks... It doesn't end well.

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm really disliking this format. Should be winner deck retires, not continues. Especially where it's fresh in the new expansion they should want to be showing off more cards.

18. Rehio

High Score:
    It's even sillier that they were allowed to change decks each day.

I know it's likely to turn into a blowout if they don't add that in, but it really takes away from the whole "Make your own original deck in the new expansion and compete with it" when the teams can immediately netdeck the most optimal ones.

19. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Got my dungeon run cardback. That was a good 15ish hours? Not bad for free content. Way too reliant on luck though. Luck against boss > luck with getting good buckets > luck with getting good treasures > skill. Just gotta grind, eventually you'll get lucky enough. Or get Quel'Delar, I refuse to believe you can lose with it. Was still fun. Got to try out a lot of the new cards. Still trying to find a deck worthy of dusting my wild collection for.

If you want dungeon run tips, jade class = JADES, for almost everyone else big minions with rod of summoning can work out, tempo with big minions early is almost always a win condition. Spell power mage and priest are solid. Zoo with +1/+1 and tempo treasures, especially the adapt wand, is also silly.

20. KGB

KGB Headmaster

It's day three of my quest to psychic scream living mana.

Freekin token druids lack the moral courage to stick it out to turn 7 and than play it.