1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Hearts by SublimeClarity - M - One Shot

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by JCCS, Aug 6, 2008.

1. JCCS

JCCS Third Year

Title: Hearts
    Author: Sublime Clarity
    Rating: M
    Genre: Horror/Romance
    DLP Category: General?
    Pairing: Ginny/Riddle
    Words: 2,208
    Published: October 23, 2006

Summary: As Ginny's nonage gets twisted beyond all recognition, so do her scrawled hearts... Rated for a split second of gore, sadism and general unpleasantness. TRGW, HPGW
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3211387/1/Hearts

It's not the best writing, but even without perfect execution I'll give this a 4/5 for the premise and what it managed to deliver.

Checked by Minion, March 30, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  2. Harsh

Harsh First Year

I’ll rate the story 4/5, for fulfilling what it meant to fulfill.
    <O:p</O:p
    The story’s premise and writing style is interesting enough to hold the reader’s attention throughout. It has good imagery and a believable characterization of the young Tom Riddle.
    <O:p</O:p
    For me, the most interesting part was the last section: the writer never makes it clear whether it was reality or simply a dream. That part, at least, was well executed.

3. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

It was interesting sort of, though how there aren't a whole lot of nags for just mentioning Ginevra Weasley on this forum is astounding in its own right.

The whole GxHPxTMR sort of twisted triangle is something I wonder about sometimes. There are so few among the web that I read. When I want to, I cannot usually find them. There in that depressing sort of 'tude that I rarely want to read I think.

Slipping between knowing if you want the dark lord or the hero might be something just in fantasies for normal girls but being caught in the dark in the middle of them personally must have really taken a toll on Ginny's mental stability that no one points out. I don't care how young minds can jump back on feet.

4. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

4 votes, 2 replies...

Anyone else?

5. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Since you were asking I took a look at it.

I liked this piece. The writing is a little flowery and vague in places, which I assume was the writer's attempt to create an effect, but as such it didn't work for me. The content or the 'what happens' part of the story was good enough not to require an effected writing style. In fact that took away from the piece because the style is typical in its vague dramaticism - we have seen it too often.

That said, the content was very good and enjoyable. A great insight on what Ginny could have gone through. I wish the author had executed the story with a more personal style than a generic one.

For that a 4/5.

It is a quick one shot, I recommend it, even to those of you who X'd out of here after seeing Ginny's name. This is not fanon Ginny.

6. Pyromaniac

Pyromaniac Third Year

It's not horrible; it's disturbing, but not horrible. 3/5

Honestly, this isn't my favorite variety of fic, so I may be somewhat biased, but it's quite good for its genre.

7. kalantha

kalantha Sixth Year

Hmm, I definitely found it to be rather interesting, but rather vauge and unclear at some points.

I'd like it a lot better if the author showed us how Ginny slowly started to fall, rather then to simply tell us. Still, it's short and sweet so a pi/5.

Actually 3/5. I'm just messing with you.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008