1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help (mainly from Lord seraphath)

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by RagefulLlama, Dec 11, 2005.

1. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

Looking for *good* HP/Cho fics. The only ones I have really read is yours (Dakkath) and Vashs. All the others that are HP/Cho have really F***ed up descriptions that make me afraid to even think about reading them. So any suggestions?

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The only others apart from Sera's and Vash's that i've even liked are on FF.Net somewhere. I cant remember their names but I think it was an Azkaban!Harry story. It had a sequal too that wasnt too bad either. If I remember the names i'll tell you.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

You're talking about Draco664's Betrayal of the best kind and it's sequel Midnight Duel, Midday Love. The author had fled from FF.net. He's here now: http://draco664.fanficauthors.net/

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well now...since asked I can't rightly refuse. Draco664's two stories are bar none the best Harry/Cho works out there, so I'd definitely read those first.

1) Heart of a Lion by Trayus

Good story, Harry as Gryffindor's chosen. Some cool action with Godric's blade, but the romance is the main attraction. Also features powerful Draco and company, but does it realistically, and protrays an OC Slytherin that actually does the House justice. Try it out.

2) Harry Potter and the Fury of the Elements by The Phoenix King

A favorite within the pairing. There are some cliches present, particularly with the whole Founders' Heirs device. Sometimes the romance is so thick and sappy that it's hard to choke down, especially in the earlier chapters. I've been beta reading this story lately, but the author really is good enough on his own. Entertaining OC cast with great battle scenes, much longer and gorier than I have the endurance to write. Has the potential to be an epic, but doesn't really get the recognition it deserves due to sailing a mostly unpopular ship. The story almost has a Warcraft-ish feel to it. Provided you can deal with sporadic cliches and some serious sap, give it a read.

3) The Seekers by TheNovice

Among the best pure romance Harry/Cho fics out there. Very heavy Quidditch emphasis within the plot, but there's also enough intrigue and action to keep you interested. I nominated this one for the DLP awards in the Romance category. Also bashes Ginny pretty heavily, though she gets hers back at points as well. Not a Powerful!Harry fic, so don't go in expecting him to kick ass, but still a great read for the pairing.

4) Harry Potter and the Headsman's Hostage by Mantis

A rare post-GoF AU, in which Harry and Cho connect much more effectively than in canon. Basic plot has her being kidnapped in a Death Eater plot in order to get to Harry. Trio, Sirius and Remus to the rescue, and the rest is devoted mostly to romance. Some lemon content, but this really is only the summer opener to what is eventually going to be a much longer fic. Highly recommended, also nominated in the Romance category.

...This should be enough to get you started. I have plenty other stories I can post, and will do so at length in the morning.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I might check these out if I have nothing better to read.

One of the main reasons I dont read much of this pairing is because of what the other pairings will be. Hermione/Ron is the main one that makes me sick. I find it really hard to read through stories with them together for some reason.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Can't really argue with you there. Most Harry/Cho fics do also pair Ron and Hermione. My personal take is that I don't give a shite about any pairing that doesn't directly involve Harry. I'm reading about him, and I couldn't care less who the Weasel or the Bottom Boy are dating.