1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Here I Come by Dark Syaoran - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Dark Syaoran, Oct 19, 2005.

1. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Probably the best post hbp story i have read and i've only read the first chapter, it starts off with very interesting but i think the whole story would be better just post ootp..

2. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

the author is obviously smart, some of his/her original spells are good, the story is pretty well written also, worth a read..

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Chapter Six has been posted in the 'Work by Author' section. It'll be on FF.Net in a few minutes.

Enjoy.

Edit: It's posted at FF.Net now.

4. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

genius...using the sorting hat...didn'I can't wait for...didn't expect that coming...other then that i can't wait for the next chapter.

5. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

The idea for the sorting hat isn't amazingly original but I liked how he wrote out the though process leading up to it. It wasn't just 'Oh of course it's the sorting hat' he actually slowly built up the thought. I am also amazingly please he killed of the ginny romance.
    I question if he will kill of the sorting hat when Harry removes the Horcrux.
    Great fic though, one of the best post HBP.

6. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

Damn bro telling off dumbles nice just can you please make the dumpster have the residual horcux from the diary so harry has a excuse to kill his least favorite stocker

7. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yes quite the good chapter, but i thought Dippit was the Headmaster while Riddle was going through school? It matters not to your plot line as the sorting hat has been chosen and as that is always there...just thought i'd find out though? I'm really starting to love this fic, the only one after the dibacle with HBP thats worth the time to get into...coodose. (sp?)

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*snort* Besides wishing he had truely slapped her with the diary, I really like this story. You have a way of writing non-cliche and points out obvious canon most people miss. :) Keep it up!

9. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Right good chapter there mate.

10. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Great Chapter dude.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Does it ever say when Dumbledore took over from Dippit? I couldnt find a date so I had Dippit retire after the Chamber of Secrets incident which happened during Riddle's Sixth Year. Therefore Dumbledore is Headmaster during his last year.

I might have to explain that since I'm sure more people will pick up on it. *frowns* I bet if I go over to HP Lexicon I'll find out the real date in which he took over the school... why didnt I look there before... hrmm.

12. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

c. Y-10 (1970 or early 1971)

Main Charactersblank spaceHogwartsblank space Albus Dumbledore becomes headmaster of Hogwarts

"It seemed impossible that I would be able to come to Hogwarts. Other parents weren't likely to want their children exposed to me.
    "But then Dumbledore became Headmaster, and he was sympathetic. He said that as long as we took certain precautions, there was no reason I shouldn't come to school...."

Dumbledore apparently became headmaster shortly before Lupin came to Hogwarts.

According to lexicon, but they figure that date out by one quick aside from Lupin. Regardless you could explain it as Dippet was in the process of helping with the war, and it left Dumbles using his office as he was at the school more often, until the final battle with Grindel

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

When was Grinnie defeated though? I have to find that out first. Hopefully it wasnt before and I think it was.

If not, who says Dippit cant go on a holiday. Since Dumbledore was probably Deputy Headmaster, he stood in for a full year... *nods*

14. Midknight

15. Dr_Jos

Dr_Jos First Year

I absolutley agree with that
    the coversation with Dumbledore is brilliant

16. Element

Element Seventh Year

Sorry, but I thought the Sorting Hat was the Horcrux, so you can't really remove the Horcrux from it. You have to destroy it.

Anyways, great chapter, I liked the conversation with Dumbledore greatly.

17. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I liked this chapter, especially your nonjon-like Dumbledore. Sorting hat as a Horracrux is an old idea, but it's not like it matters, seeing how this is only the second post-HBP story I've ever liked.

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I don't read post HBP fic so i didn't know that it was an old idea...HBP doesn't exist for me...

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Very impressive. Although certain parts were a little annoying. I don't like DUmbledore. Even in death, I don't like. YOu made the old-fart too charming. Oh well, I guess its ganon based so...

I really enjoyed it. Update soon!

20. Midknight

I've never seen it as one, nor would I consider a genre that's what 7 months old? To even have any old cliched ideas =)

Then again, I too don't run out to read HBP fics so meh.