1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Here's a challange for ya.

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by oldmagic, Mar 1, 2006.

1. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

you every time there is an independent hary or dark harry or etc. The story is good an all but lets face it. Harry's just a teenager. A kid who wants to skip classes and go out and have some fun like the rest us. And the so called the gratest dark lord. Gimme a break There is a whole world out there other than Europe. I mean in many story The british idiots think they have the worst problems going on about. Hasn't Forgotten realms, or Dragon Lance etc, etc taught you anything.
    There are other dark lords out there that are probebly stronger or is stronger than volde. A Second Chance at Life by Miranda Flairgold is just a good example of a damn good story. harry accomplished something instead of stealing knowledge from volde. meets new people and friends, learns martial arts, better school than hogwarts, etc, etc.

Here is a challanger for you
    - Get's independent through enamancapation (spelled wrong)
    - sick of all the shit that's been going on in his life, and pretty much scared shitless because of a powerful darklord is comming after a 16 year old kid. I mean he's just a kid for godsakes.
    - disapeared in the world for, i dunno you guys can figure it out.
    - he want's to know what fear is other than voldermont or demantors. he kinda lives as a street punk to over come fear of many different kinds. If you guy watched BATMAN BEGINS, you know what i'm talking about.
    - he grows powerful magically and physically through many different ways. you guy can figure it out.
    - he finds many different friends from high and low from travilling the world.
    - you guys can figure out the rest

2. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

First thing first.... when you know that you have spell emancipation wrong, go look it up at a dictionary (dict.leo.org is a good one).

Aside from that: I don't like the scared shitless part. He has after all faced Voldie more than one time and didn't freeze in fear.

Why should he seek out danger when he runs away because he is scared? If you want him to grow because of such events than let them happen to him, but making him seek out danger is illogical.

3. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

Now now be nice. sure i ain't a great speller but hay it happens.
    When you say that the death eaters are hunting for him. he has to defand for him self no matter where he goes

second of all not only for him self he's scared for his friends, etc.
    and finally when he is in a place of a country of poverity or bad nabourhood he can learn to think on his own two feet and learn to make friends in high places. Since there are fear going around everywhere because of gangs or theaves or whatever he can learns to think like them. if you saw batman begins then youl understand. batman uses fear on criminals to be able to help Goutam. voldermont uses the same thing but well we all know that. oh the irony of it all. lol.

4. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

I know that I make enough spelling mistakes too... but when you KNOW that you have a spelling mistake in a word, then please take the effort and look it up (takes about 20 sekonds).

I find the idea that you make him into a figure which the DE fear ok, but you didn't state that clearly in your first post.

That he wants to protect his friends is also good idea, but same thing as above.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Oldmagic...I think people would take this challenge more seriously (and you as well...) if you at least tried to spell at a elementary level. You know, capitalizing, knowing how to spell "hey," that kind of hard stuff. I don't mean to be harsh, but you according to you, you are 18, but you spell worse than I did when I was 10. Once or twice a post is alright, but you seem to have some mistake every other word...