1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

hey

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by Governor, Jun 29, 2014.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Governor

Governor Squib

how is this subsection organized? do u guys have to get setups approved before signups?

there should be a split subforum for this sub to organize signups in and another for game threads

2. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

3. Rubicon

Rubicon Professor DLP Supporter

4. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

RUBICON, YOU HAVE A NEW AVATAR?!
    I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE.

5. Governor

Governor Squib

i dont c any setup links in the stickied index thread

im looking to read thru example setups atm, but all i c r game threads and signups

6. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Start using proper English and punctuation or you're not going to last.

7. Governor

Governor Squib

wasnt aware that was a requirement for mafia

8. fontisian

fontisian Fourth Year

It's a site requirement. Proper capitalization is also appreciated. If you have questions about the mafia subforum, feel free to pm me.

9. Governor

Governor Squib

my native language isnt english, i can speak english fine but i dont make it a habit to online.

especially since i joined mainly for mafia, i want people to think less of my intellectual capacity

10. fontisian

fontisian Fourth Year

Understandable. As long as it's clear that you're trying, you should be fine.

11. Governor

Governor Squib

i assure every1 that if i ever write anything that requires a formal writeup format, i will follow every convention of english grammar.

12. CheddarTrek

CheddarTrek Set Phasers to Melt Moderator DLP Supporter

Bloody hell dude. The point is that if you are capable of using proper English, then effing use proper English. Making a sincere effort in that arena is a site requirement.

You just admitted you're capable of it, so make an effort.

I feel bad for encouraging you. /shame

13. Governor

Governor Squib

im accustomed to using common txting language, and its readability has never been a problem

i understand if i was writing a piece, but im only posting in discussions.

14. fontisian

fontisian Fourth Year

You are on a site primarily devoted to writing. If it's too painful to put a bit of effort into your posts, then you're in the wrong place.

15. Governor

Governor Squib

i will stick purely to discussion and mafia

16. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Last I checked Mafia is still part of the forums as a whole.

I will stick purely to discussion and mafia. See how easy it is? Now be a dear and use proper punctuation. Not doing so annoys almost everyone.

17. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Once upon a time there was a man, who wandered from place to place. Upon arriving in a new town, he walked the streets and every person that he met, he raised his middle finger to. When angrily challenged about this slight, the man simply replied that this was merely his custom and convention.

He was taken to the great hickory stump, where lived the elder of the town, who politely explained that this was not a seemly action in this place and might cause offense.

'No,' protested the newcomer, repeating the gesture. 'This is how I have always behaved. I shall continue to do so.'

The elder considered this for a moment, and nodded thoughtfully. Having decided upon a solution, he bade the man place his hands upon the great hickory stump. The moment that he did so, the elder took up his great axe and sliced through the man's arms at the wrist.

Problem solved.

18. Governor

Governor Squib

i agree it's easy, but ur incorrectly implying that how i type isnt also

sorry if it annoys u, all i can offer in consolation is that its not my intent to

19. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Let me be as clear as possible.

Fix your shit and adhere to the customs of the forum or leave. I won't ban you but there are other Moderators and Admins who wouldn't hesitate considering you aren't willing to even attempt to follow the rules.

20. Governor

Governor Squib

since we're making outrageous comparisons, is this situation not similar to thehomophobia that everyone hates?

a person's different, won't change, gets ganged up on by the majority

yeah, attempting to make that comparison would definitely get me de-repped and laughed at.

im not trying to be antagonistic to any1 here in any way

---------- Post automerged at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

if my behavior is really so unacceptable that the higher ups will show me to the door, then i will respect their decision and leave

Not open for further replies.