1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HIVE Minded by Slayer Anderson (Danny Phantom / Teen Titans) - (M)

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by DarthBill, Nov 13, 2010.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

HIVE Minded
    Slayer Anderson
    Rated: M
    Drama/Adventure
    Crossover/AU
    Danny/Jinx
    Work in progress
    Summary: Danny gets an acceptance notification from a school that he never applied to. I know what you're thinking…green ink, owls, and a castle, right? Sorry, not this time. An attempt at originality towards a worn concept. I don't own Teen Titans/Danny Phantom

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5426153/1/HIVE_Minded

I really like this. A lot. Danny is a bit superpowered, and a lot OC, but the story is really awesome. This takes the best of both cartoons, and makes them better. This is also a Justice League crossover, but I don't see how there can be a Teen Titans in a world that doesn't have the Justice League.

4/5

2. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

It's certainly no masterpiece, but I've found it enjoyable enough. The in-depth portrayal of the HIVE as a villain school is the best part of the fic in my opinion. Danny is more than a little ridiculous, but I find that easier to tolerate since he's usually fighting the Titans instead of outshining them. In particular, that early scene where he has a battle with Static Shock was comedy gold: it was just like the first half of your average Static Shock episode, complete with Static being a complete retard and failing miserably!

4/5 is a good call here

3. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Knowing scant little about either universe, this was confusing to read, but not bad. Jinx/Danny is written in a slightly grating manner, and the cross dressing thing is played down just a little bit too much (Danny should be a little more concerned about such a thing?). Overall, decent.

4/5

4. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

I really, really like this story holistically.

Some things are fucking retarded, as was aforementioned. Danny's outfit- trench coat and matrix glasses. I just don't picture this in my head, but whenever it's mentioned it pisses me off.

Crossdressing. Derp.
    Lack of development of Jinx/Danny's relationship. I mean it goes from hey can you help me with blah to 'I'm sucking on your throat' in what I think is less than one chapter. Very cliche'd relationship, boring to read about even if I like both of their characters.

Lack of... Danny Phantom-ness. It's kind of massively bullshit. The writer about halfway in gives him powers that make it so that he can't use emotions... which is a complete cop-out. He 'ices over' his emotions so often in actual scenes that it just eliminates inter-character development.

THAT SAID.
    I like all of the rest of it a ton, and really enjoy seeing the plot evolve. I'm giving it a 5/5 despite all that.

Edit: And now he's got a fucking
    MAGICAL SWORD?

My apologies if this spoils anything for anyone.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  5. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I liked the story. It made me want to watch Danny Phantom and Teen Titans again. Also I like how the JLA gets involved.

6. iamnuff

iamnuff Guest

the crossdressing was a little derp, but other than that, i like it.

7. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

This is being rewritten, with large differences, most notably Danny going to the Hive less than a month after getting his powers.

DC Phantom » reviews Daniel Fenton never thought school would mean anything more than bullies, bad grades, and worse teachers...that was before the HIVE Academy for Exceptional Young People; Re-write of HIVE Minded.Crossover - Teen Titans & Danny Phantom - Rated: T - English - Adventure - Chapters: 3 - Words: 20,508 - Reviews: 155 - Updated: 7-19-12 - Published: 6-29-12 - Jinx & Danny F.

It seems up to the old standard so far, if not better, and I hope Slayer Anderson keeps to a quick update schedule.

8. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I'm not going to keep my hopes up, considering that it has already been more than a month since the last update. Still, his profile says he's working on it, so I suppose that merits a little optimism.

9. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

10. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Yeah, pretty much.:/ I may be reading it,(not even sure why) but it's just meh. For a show having such an awesome potential as Danny Phantom, this's sadly the best fan fiction there is.

11. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Keyword there is "potential." I feel like the idea of Danny Phantom was pretty cool, ghost powers and all, but they really dropped the ball on it. I don't feel like the guy doing it, Butch Hartman I think, was the right guy for a premise like that. I mean his other show was Fairly Odd Parents. And it got especially tiresome later on when they started giving him ice powers and making him rely on those generic ectoplasm beams too much at the expense of his more interesting powers.

I think I started reading this fic a while ago when I was really into Teen Titans, but got bored pretty early in for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  12. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

The problem with Danny Phantom fandom is that most of the stories are written by thirteen-year-olds.