1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

House Dielpyon - CK2 Century of blood

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Seratin, May 30, 2017.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Year 7884 - Two years before the Doom of Valyria

He woke with a gasp and threw his legs off his bed. His skin was slick with sweat and his heart pounded furiously. A moment of silence passed as he attempted to gather his wits. The moment shattered when he leaned forward and emptied his stomach onto his chamber floor.

A dragon dream.He thought.

Smoke, fire, great tower sized stones falling from the sky and crushing the greatest of dragons. Death, blood and chaos. Cataclysm.

Harys Dielpyon stumbled towards a basin of water at the end of his chamber and splashed his face before walking to the window and gazing out at the fused stone towers of Valyria. In the distance he heard the roar of a dragon and spotted it wheeling lazily in the skies above, some young dragonlord of a great house enjoying the sights of the greatest city the world has ever known.

Doom

He knew without question that his dream would come to pass. Valyria would be utterly ruined, the skies themselves hurling fire and stone towards sundered earth. But who would believe him? The last son of a house only notable for its propensity in producing fine soldiers. He clenched his fists as he looked out towards the city. He had to try.

Twelve months later

The doors of the great chambers of House Methes shut behind him though he was sure he could hear the echoes of laughter. A year had gone by since he first dreamed of the Doomand has time had gone by the dreams came more frequently.

Methes had been the last great Valyrian Lord on his list and just like Celtigar, Belaerys and the rest has laughed him off as a fool, suggesting he'd be better served by returning to his military life.

Harys had become something of a joke. He knew it. Travelling from tower to tower spouting the doom of the majestic Valyrian Freehold hadn't won him any friends. The only Lord who didn't regard him as a joke was old Nahearys Targaryen who'd flown into a rage the moment he'd mentioned dreams of destruction.

He decided then and there,in the hallways of House Methes that he would no longer play the fool. These Dragonlords were too fat and comfortable to ever believe their great empire would fall. They were complacent and that was an advantage that Harys planned to use to its fullest. He might not be able to save a single other Valyrian but he refused to lie down and die, knowing what was coming.

He didn't leave the tower of Methes that day, instead he secluded himself and waited for nightfall before creeping through the halls. There was little to no security in the tower itself for who would dare attack a Dragonlord?

In short order he found himself several hundred feet below the surface in the sprawling dungeons and eventually, found a gigantic pair of elegantly wrought silver doors guarded by four Methes men at arms.

He could tell from their stance they weren't season fighters. They were much too rigid and statuesque. He stayed in the shadows as he crept forward and when the moment was right sprang. Two fell to his blade before they were aware they were under attack and in a flurry of steel and sparks he dispatched the other guards quickly leaving the great vaults of Methes at his whim.

Harys grabbed enough in gold and jewels to fund his expedition away from Valyria, to the end of dusk and dawn if need be. He dropped his sword and grabbed one of the fine Valyrian steel blades mounted on the wall and made to leave but hesitated. He looked back and cursed before running to the end of the vault and opening a chest on a pedestal. Inside the chest was a large green egg that looked as if it was made from stone. He stowed it away and left as quickly as his feet could carry him.

He paid for passage on a pirate ship headed for the Stepstones and fled Valyria, resolving to never look back.

Months later, Harys found himself in the Stormlands before Gunthor the Lord of Cape Wrath and with the price of the majority of his stolen wealth bought himself a small keep on the isle of Wrathrock.

It was in this keep that he woke to see the eastern skies black at dawn.

The Doom had fallen.

[​IMG]

----

Requirements for this playthrough are The Century of blood mod for CK2 and the Congenital Overhaul mod.

2. Seratin

High Score:
    Okay so the order of succession goes like this:

Me
    Lindsey
    Mestre
    @CrackedMind
    Nemrut
    Hawkin
    Distaly

Anyone who would like to be added to the list PM me or say as much in the thread.

As the OP explained, our dynasty is House Dielpyon, a minor house from Valyria who survived thanks to Dragon Dreams and daring.

Harys Dielpyon travelled across the Stepstones and bought a ruined, crappy keep with the most minor of titles attached.

I gave Harys the traits I felt were most in line with his backstory but forgot to tone the numbers down before I hit play. I'm waving this off as an attempt to even the game out because of the ridiculously difficult starting position.

I also gen'd in 500 gold before play to account for some of the wealth Harys stole from Valyria.

It took me a long time to get to the end of my character's life simply because my laptop runs speed 5 at a similar rate to most people's speed 3.

I took a lot of screenshots erly in the game but forgot to do it atmost important events late game.

Without further ado, here's the life of Harys Dielpyon.

Following the news of the doom of my homeland, I have decided that it is of paramount importance to extend the pool of remaining Valyrian blood as far as I can. I dispatch letters to all corners of the world and eventually find myself a suitable young Valyrian girl to be my bethrothed.

[​IMG][/IMG]

There are so few Valyrians left in the world it makes me almost sick to think. The Targaryens have survived much as I have, clung to a rock off the shores of Westeros. The bitter part of which is because of their dragons they never had to beg and bend the knee as I have.

Aurion Vizsyon leads a massive host of men in Quohor ready to declare war on the so called, "New Valyria." As the only surviving Valyrian High Lord, his claim to the Empire is indeed strongest.

Here in Wrathrock, I must build a new great Vayrian house.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Though I am bethrothed, I have noticed a ravishing Valyrian beauty amongst my meagre court. Where she came from, I cannot fathom but she looks at me with hungry eyes.

[​IMG][/IMG]

(This is the point where I lost another hour's worth of post and could only recover this much. Hence, my post is going to be less detailed out of rage.)

Highlights.

- I try to hatch a dragon.
    - I succeed.
    - I have many sons and daughters.
    - I switch my focus to business.
    - I declare war on Wrathtown and take it.
    - Ten years later my liege, the guy who gave the the castle tries to arrest me.
    - I lure him into attacking Wrathrock and take most of his army.
    - Darkscale and I visit his castle and depose him.
    - I take two more counties and distribute them to my sons.
    - High Lady Estermont betrays me and declares war on me.
    - I get sick of the Estermonts, sack their castle again and lock her entire family in the Wrathrock dungeons essentially extinguishing their line.
    - She lives for years in the Oubilette.
    - She escapes. (HOW?????)
    - The Iron bank ask me to declare war on her on their behalf and they'll make me High Lord.
    - Sounds good to me, I sack Estermont (AGAIN) and become High Lord.
    -The Targaryens and I ally up to war on Sunstone which I take and give to my youngest son.
    - I am now powerful and wealthy

[​IMG]

I die shortly after this happens.

3. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

Any news from this?

4. Seratin

High Score:
    I passed on the save file to Lindsey but as it took me the guts of two weeks to actually finish mine, I'm not inclined to rush anyone.

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've been super busy all week and haven't had a chance to load up the game.

Hopefully tomorrow night I'll have time. If not, Sunday for sure.

6. Lindsey

My reign didn't really do much, but it did become exciting at the end. The potential destruction of your whole house is quite nerve racking and exciting.

My name is Matarys Dielpyon, the son Harys Dielpyon. My family and I are some of the last descendants of the destroyed Valyrian Empire. My father fled to Westeros during the Doom and now we struggle to survive and keep our culture intact.

[​IMG]

I was 41 when my father passed away and married to my wonderful sister Helena. At this time we had two daughters, but I still needed a son. One of my first goals after my father's funeral was to marry twice more and expand our family.
    [​IMG]

My reign started off problematic. People were against me at every turn. My inheritance was instantly troubled my instability and peasant revolts. It took a turn for the worse when a white raven approached; winter was coming.

The stack of 2800 men would have slaughtered mine if the commander was not stupid enough to chase me onto my island. I waited on the banks of the shore as he approached and caught his forces and annihilated them.
    [​IMG]

It was after this I came to the conclusion that the Westerosi's faith was not as awful as I first thought it was. No, I would not convert and abandon the old and pure ways, but I could acknowledge some positive aspects of the Faith of the Seven.
    [​IMG]

I also tamed my father's old dragon who is a dear friend of mine.
    [​IMG]

Ah! A son! Finally!
    [​IMG]

Apparently because I live on an island, I must be good at commanding the navy...
    [​IMG]

With the line of succession secured, I decide to marry off my second daughter to the Targaryans. Afterall, we are the only true Valyarians left in power. My daughter shall be a queen.
    [​IMG]

While we celebrated my daughters marriage, I heard word that the Kingdom of the Reach has fallen to the Lannisters. The ruler now holds two kingdom titles... and his son is the ruler of the Trident. Soon half of Westeros will be under the command of the Lannisters... this is scary indeed.
    [​IMG]

My nephew's wife tried to kill me... and thus I decided to return the favor. Ah, the fact she is a pirate is great. Sadly her death made me known as her killer.
    [​IMG]

Ahh... I got a claim on a high lordship, I killed my rival, and the money is flowing. Everything is so wonderf-

oh shit.
    [​IMG]

Well, as the end of near, might as well open a brothel.
    [​IMG]

Eep. It's time to hide! HIDE YOUR KIDS, HIDE YOUR WIFE, ITS COMING!!!
    [​IMG]

With any money I might have, let is build a refuge. Perhaps our charity will save us!
    [​IMG]

Nope... The world wants us to die. Winter is coming yet again.
    [​IMG]

Wife! You must save our grand daughter!
    [​IMG]

Poor Westeros...
    [​IMG]

FINALLY, the sickness is passing! We have.... oh i'm not feeling very good. nooo, NOOO.....
    [​IMG]

And thus... ends my life
    [​IMG]

A few notes for people who are playing next.
    The Great Sickness is not nearly as deadly as the Black Plague strangely enough. Almost everyone who caught it lived... and it was not nearly as destructive.

Second!!! ONLY MARRY YOUR SISTER AS THE 'FIRST WIFE'. If you marry relatives for second or third wives, it seems that you will get inbred much more easier. I could have just been unlucky, but I think it is a bug.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  7. CrackedMind

I thought Valyrians weren't supposed to get inbred?

8. Seratin

High Score:
    They can get inbred though it's actually pretty rare. I continued on with the game and I'm four generations ahead with very few inbred dynasty members.

Unfortunately, I forgot that I had left on Sunset invasion. I was preoccupied with expanding through the Stepstones and suddenly Westeros is ruled by the Aztecs.

9. Mestre

Mestre Professor

http://imgur.com/iL65ZVc

Ups xD

---------- Post automerged at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:34 ----------

I could roll back a year if you guys want(auto save) because of dlc issues.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  10. Lindsey

Your image isn't working.

But yes, please roll back and disable sunset invasion.

11. Seratin

High Score:
    The Aztec invasion of Westeros is a fanfiction waiting to happen on Alternate history forums.

12. Mestre

Mestre Professor

link fixed,

btw, How can I found king`s landing? Do you need to be Aegon? Hold the seven kingdoms and be worshiper of the seven?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  13. Mestre

Mestre Professor

There we go, this game was a complete mess but the Kingdom will be stable enough. I am the ruler of a bunch of heathens and foreigners after all.

I am Aemond Dielpyon, lord of one of the last two Great Families that remain from the Doom.

[​IMG]

Being a boy and a lord wasn't easy but I learned quickly when the bastard of my grandfather stole Darkscale, my father dragon.

[​IMG]

But I grew up, I learned the maester´s and nobles lessons and I became a man.

and the Bastard had accident.

https://i.imgur.com/bsyH35P.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8MHrPfK.png

With Darkscale back I started looking possibilities of expanding my realm and with my liege distracted by some silly rumors I took Rainwood from a Rival Vassal.

A few years after consolidating my power the Gardeners and their liege Lord with the power of three kingdoms attacked the Stormlands. I took the opportunity to back stab my liege with the intention of become the Storm King.

with Darkscale I could siege Storm´s End.Taking the capital and King defeating the Storm King, I became the New Storm King by Conquest.

https://i.imgur.com/VW8qOtj.jpg

With fresh troops I striked the Lannisters and I meet the Lannister Queen in battle ridding a Dragon. This was the battle that would shatter or fufil my Ambitions.

https://i.imgur.com/yaN9F3G.jpg

For a few years I fought wars to unite the Kingdoms under my banner and thousands died including my loyal Dragon. With his dead my conquests had to stop.

I traveled to Dragonstone looking for a dragon and I found a young nibble dragon.

:p´

https://i.imgur.com/Y8Wk59N.jpg

I took Dorme easily when they were in the middle of a civil war and the Riverlords fell easily since they were divided in petting kingdoms.

With my forces depleted,my dragon maimed, the Lords paramount occupied defending their land from slave raids a few Lords wanted to take the Stormlands from me, bah!

https://i.imgur.com/k1arSqM.jpg

They outmatched me but with a new lord paramount of Dorme and a miracle.

https://i.imgur.com/1MP0bGT.jpg

I won and moved my capitel to Storm´s Wrath.

The North was taken with help of a blind Bolton xD.
    It was a good laugh.

Only the iron islands and Dragonstone remained.

I attacked Dragonstone and I got... Humilated and captured. My dragon was dead. My favourite son(Genius!) got burned and lost eye becoming a lunatic.

https://i.imgur.com/DsPF04W.jpg

My last days were trying to stable the realm and conquering the iron islands.

My favourite son died dueling a nobody and my heir is literally Gay.
    The man is married to 4 woman and only had a girl.

I was a horrible Father.

-----
    the heir/king

- Grey Eminence
    - Melody voice
    - Dragon Rider
    - less hated than is father

- Literally Gay
    - Coward
    - Heathen
    - foreigner

14. Seratin

High Score:
    I am both amazed and shocked at this run. On one hand, you've achieved so much that something had to give. On the other, it seems like your dynasty management profited short term while suffering long term.

Regardless. House Dielpyon lives.

15. Mestre

Mestre Professor

The start was the hardest because your dragon couldn´t beat a army 10 times your size. But when you get a kingdom no one can beat you if they dont´t have a dragon with better dueling skill or your dragon wounded.

16. CrackedMind

I'd say pass the save file on to the next person. My computer has been acting up and mods have not been working for ck2 at all- so I'd say move me to the end of the list so it gives me time to figure this out.

17. Mestre

Mestre Professor

Done. I will send it to Nemrut

18. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Was looking forward to this but somehow I can't seem to get the game working with the mods. It constantly crashes or freezes and it's a toss-up whether it starts anyways. Might be better for the next one to take over instead.

19. Mestre

Mestre Professor

I had the same problem. You have to clear everything but the saves in
    Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II/game of thrones.

---------- Post automerged 30-06-2017 at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was 29-06-2017 at 14:09 ----------

Should I pass the save to the next person?