1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How I Met Your Mother

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Midknight, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Yeah he doesn't tell his children the story exactly. There's one episode where he censors it for the kids and tells you what really happened.

I find HIMYM funnier than Big Bang, and the writing is better. Yes some episodes drag on, and some are just amusing but not funny, but a fair amount are hilarious, and they leave you with countless references. 'Lawyered' is my favorite, though I am biased since I will be a law student.

What bothers me is CBS doesn't do enough advertising for the show. Seems like all they care about is 2 and 1/2 men.

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

^^Word. Though I won't lie, Two and a Half Men can be pretty damn entertaining.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Big Bang is decent, but not as good as HIMYM. What's the point in watching when Leonard and Penny already broke up? And Sheldon annoys the crap out of me sometimes with the shit he does and gets away with. :\

I've tried watching 2 1/2 men, couldn't get past the one dude who looks like he's gay but he isn't really.

4. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

2 1/2 men isn't bad without Alan. Alan kills the show for me. If it was just the kid, Charlie, and Berta (the cleaning lady), with the occasional pop in of the mom, I would watch it. But Alan is one of the most annoying characters ever written. There is only so much pussy actions a person can watch before they change the channel.

5. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

two and a half men is great. Except for any part with Allen in it. The dude's voice... ug. That being said, I havent watched the show much since Jake got fat.

And yes, he does censor it for the kids, he describes Lilly and them eating a sandwich, when the actors are acting out smoking weed. And when the catering lady is going to Paris, he tells the kids they spent a lovely day together, seeing the sights (fucking) going to the zoo (fucking), etc (fucking)

7. Midknight

8. Boofers

Boofers Groundskeeper

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  9. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think I just got mall-rolled >.>

10. Torak

Torak Death Eater

The first of many:awesome

11. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Did they really just do the anti-smoking episode? This felt like kids-TV.
    I'm not even smoking and this still felt extremely anvilicious.

12. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

^ True that. The reaction of the "kids" each time Ted told them one of them smoked was especially annoying. And Lily's voice was badly dubbed as well as not being really funny after the first time.

Heh, not the greatest HIMYM episode by far.

13. Illution

Illution Seventh Year

maybe is 2030 smoking is seen as a strange act so the kids are shocked that their aunts and uncles did such a weird thing.

14. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I stopped following this show during the whole Barney/Robin romance last season. I just didn't really enjoy many of the episodes.

Is the current season any good?

15. Midknight

16. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I never expected Ted to meet the mother until the end, but they are pointlessly leading people on to believing that the end of each season he will.

The problem is the audience has already figured out that it won't happen 5 minutes into the season premiere.

I still watch it, and I still enjoy it. But I no longer watch it to see anything to do with Ted. I watch it Now for Barney. His Storyarch is actually pretty decent.

The fact that he is so established into the role of a womanizer is what makes his ultimately slow progression to becoming part of a relationship actually very interesting.

His very last revelation about his father, Robins friend, and the implications of what he might want for himself in reality are very well thought out; but without diminishing his originally Awesome character traits.

17. Midknight

Yeah my interest in Barney took over me giving a shit about Ted very early on. Now whenever they go overboard one one of Ted's love stories I just get bored.

18. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Basically. Pretty sure if they wrote Barney out, the ratings would halve. Barney and the duo of Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders are pretty much the only reason I watch. Ted's just gotten more and more boring. :facepalm

19. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

The show has been renewed for two seasons. Guess we won't be finding out who the "mother" is for two years yet (I believe contracts for some of the actors expire at the end of an "eighth season" too). Another case of a show running past its prime. For the most part, the current episodes are decent. But two more years of this? Not sure if I can stay interested.

Edit: 6th Season finale guess: Lily gets pregnant.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  20. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Eh, that could happen, but I've got other suspicions: I think Ted's going to at least get a major clue with regards to the mother at the sixth season finale, if not meet her entirely. It's already been established that Ted's friend Punchy's wedding is at least tied into this, and I strongly suspect that will be the season finale.

Also, major suspicions that Barney actually meets his father - and also a strong suspicion it goes like when Will Smith's character met his father on Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Either that or he finally gets back together with Robin.